• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Well and truly time for this composer to be represented on disc:

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2016

Tom or Thomas, will either of you be reviewing it?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. KilTITs
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2012
    I enjoy some of his TV work. Very underrated composer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2012 edited
    This made my day, my week and even my year! punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2012
    You're easily satisfied Erik. I thought that this score does not work really well in the movie. When we were still together, HOLLIE agreed with me the last time we were watching together. I hoped the score would work better as a concept album, but alas. Looking at the reactions in this thread, and other forums, I see I'll be alone in this again. I will buy though, and edit the tracks in a suite I will create. So I'm glad everything is on there.
    Kazoo
  3. I think we all loved his rejected score to "The Spiderwick Chronicles". Certainly better than Horner's effort. But Horner saying in that Movie Wave interview that he did the better score and that Kilkline didn't know what he was doing, very unprofessional.

But poor Thor won't be happy because this goes against the original 29 minute LP release. Never mind that there was limited room, never mind that the company could only afford to license out about 30 minutes, never mind the score was not fully recorded when the LP contents were contructed, never mind that the studio didn't want a longer release, no -- that LP was the goddamn composer's intentions.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012
    Thanks for that very interesting bit of info, Justin. I've been collecting Kilkline for most of the evening, but up 'till now I was never aware of this!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. James, do you intend to work on the unreleased masterpieces of Kelvin Wheelbarrow?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  5. I don't think anybody's seen Wheelbarrow since he went to visit Findlay Crawford a few weeks ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The art work is stunning!

Quality release all around!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    The art work is stunning!

Quality release all around!

-Erik-

punk
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That. Is. Superb.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My art director did a great job!
  7. I hear Michael Bay's remake is going to be scored by Jablonsky.
  8. Southall wrote

Are there any signed copies left?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. I await the Silva Screen or BSX versions with some trepidation. I hope that they do Kilkline's music justice.
  10. You know BuySoundtrax had Mark Northam do a synthy re-recording on that un-used three second cue, right? I'm still awaiting my CD, five years later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Are there any signed copies left?

I've got one signed by Charles Nove, if that's any good?

The sad story as to why Brian himself was unable to sign any has been posted over at FSM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    That is sad but there are rumors that he is very gifted with his feet.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    James, do you intend to work on the unreleased masterpieces of Kelvin Wheelbarrow?

It's hard getting the rights, but I'm working on it. I think you'd be surprised just how much of his music we've all heard in scores credited to other people.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    You're easily satisfied Erik. I thought that this score does not work really well in the movie. When we were still together, HOLLIE agreed with me the last time we were watching together. I hoped the score would work better as a concept album, but alas. Looking at the reactions in this thread, and other forums, I see I'll be alone in this again. I will buy though, and edit the tracks in a suite I will create. So I'm glad everything is on there.

Was HOLLIE focused Bregt? I seem to remember you saying her eyes were on the job. I hope you were paying attention Bregt? HOLLIE is a rather distracting.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  11. Well, Paramount decided to make room in their vaults and threw away all of Wheelbarrow's masters.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What/who's HOLLIE?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    What/who's HOLLIE?

I thought the reference was to Red Dwarf's norkin' ship's computer, but now I'm not so sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    She's not a computer, but she is in 3D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I find it slightly disturbing that the thread of a distinguished Aluminum Age composer as Brian is diluted with page 3d girls. slant
  12. You know, they asked John Williams, but he said he thought they needed a "real" composer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012
    Martijn wrote
    I find it slightly disturbing that the thread of a distinguished Aluminum Age composer as Brian is diluted with page 3d girls. slant

applause
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2012
    This has nothing to do with Intrada's new version of Predator, honestly.

http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2220
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2012
    Steven wrote
    She's not a computer, but she is in 3D.

Erm, cough. Where can we find some more of this fine educational material please?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.