• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012
    I'm listening to the new expanded release of Batman Forever. This is a 2 CD set which includes the album, bonus tracks, and the score totaling 150 minutes of material. I have the original release which doesn't make much sense in having now.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hey Tom, we already have a Goldenthal topic here:

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … l/#Item_20
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Well I can tell you that the search function has holes in it. I wasted 5 minutes this morning trying to find the right thread. I spelled Elliot=Elliott and got no topics. I tried La-La Land which had nothing appropriate and then Batman. An exercise in futility if you ask me. I don't want to spend 5-10 minutes to find a thread. As far as I'm concerned that is dumb. Spelling elliot wrong is not a major mistake.
    Tom
  1. I searched:

Goldenthal

And it came up in less than a second.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    I searched:

Goldenthal

And it came up in less than a second.

Yup. Me too.
    I really see no problem with the search function at all, Tom.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Well it is a problem for me. As I said I spelled elliot wrong. All I can say is don't have a stroke and try and function in society. It doesn't work. What you won't ever get is how it affects the brain. Have one and if you're unlucky enough to survive you'll get it.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It's no big problem, Tom. We'll just close this one and paste in your post in the other....or rather, I can't do it personally, but maybe a moderator can.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's not about the stroke, Tom.

A search engine isn't a living being that takes people's emotions or handicaps into consideration.
    A search engine is just a tool.
    Use it wrongly, like any other tool, and it won't give you what you need.

Google has optimised its search engine to be able to deal with mistypes like that.
    But that's a very specific and complicated algorithm that is an absolute nightmare to create.

With search engines, it's best to keep things as simple as possible.
    For example if you are looking for Goldenthal, type Goldenthal and nothing else.
    It will greatly increase your chances of hitting the mother lode.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    But like Thor said, it's no biggie by any stretch of the imgination. smile

If you want, can you move your post over to the other thread: http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … l/#Item_20 ?

Then I can close this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    It's not about the stroke, Tom.

A search engine isn't a living being that takes people's emotions or handicaps into consideration.
    A search engine is just a tool.
    Use it wrongly, like any other tool, and it won't give you what you need.

Google has optimised its search engine to be able to deal with mistypes like that.
    But that's a very specific and complicated algorithm that is an absolute nightmare to create.

With search engines, it's best to keep things as simple as possible.

For example if you are looking for Goldenthal, type Goldenthal and nothing else.
    It will greatly increase your chances of hitting the mother lode.

Society has chosen to discriminate against me because I had a stroke. And it isn't just this forum it happens everyday. Yesterday it was the pharmacy because I couldn't explain myself correctly so she got very upset.
    Tom
  2. I am sorry Tom but I do not think that we discriminate against you because of your stroke. Unfortunately, I feel that sometimes you may be too quick to refer to your stroke when there are issues that, on closer examination, have nothing to do with stroke.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    The search issue was purely down to inappropriate selection of search terms. We all do it sometimes - I have done it myself.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I will try again:

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE STROKE, TOM.
    A search engine is a TOOL, like a hammer or a pair of pliers.
    It ONLY does what YOU do with it.
    It has no patience, feelings, considerations or concern, nor does it harbour any considerations of "discrimination".

It just does what you tell it to.
    Exactly and literally.

That is all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    Society has chosen to discriminate against me because I had a stroke. And it isn't just this forum it happens everyday.

confused

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am sorry Tom but I do not think that we discriminate against you because of your stroke.

And just to clarify, we don't discriminate for any other reason either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am sorry Tom but I do not think that we discriminate against you because of your stroke.

And just to clarify, we don't discriminate for any other reason either.

Great save, Alan! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am sorry Tom but I do not think that we discriminate against you because of your stroke. Unfortunately, I feel that sometimes you may be too quick to refer to your stroke when there are issues that, on closer examination, have nothing to do with stroke.

It has to do with how my brain will process the information. I never said that a search engine has any feelings. I understand the basic concept of a search engine. I explained that I wasted 5 minutes trying to find the proper place for the comment. None of them worked. This isn't the first time this has happened. What I usually do is not bother to comment at all. And this does have to do with the stroke. My brain is damaged at least I accept that.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think it's clear to everyone what went wrong for whom and why.

I think all that needs to be said on this has been said.

Anybody mind me closing this thread?

Any further discussion on Goldenthal's work can be found here.