• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2012
    My fact is bigger than your fact.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FALSE! tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Damn you, Timmer!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    bhangra
    bhangra
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    Supergirl > The Shadow

-Erik-

Fact: I like The Shadow > Supergirl
    Fact: You like Supergirl > The Shadow
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    bhangra
    bhangra

biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : "STAND BY FOR ACTION" THE MUSIC OF BARRY GRAY - Barry Gray

From the early FOUR FEATHER FALLS through FIREBALL XL5, THUNDERBIRDS, CAPTAIN SCARLET, UFO etc etc. This is a fabulous compilation of original scores to Gerry Anderson shows, Barry Gray was truly a giant talent and I can honestly say he contributed very healthily to my young childhood.
  1. THE LOST CHILD - Mark McKenzie

This album is just ravishingly beautiful. The first half is especially so. I think Mark McKenzie is one of the most consistently excellent composer ever. By that I mean that the man doesn't seem to write duds. Nearly every score that he writes is just really good. Granted, there are a couple I haven't heard, and he hasn't scored that many, but I'd say the quality of his average score is very high compared to most composers.
  2. Timmer wrote
    NP : "STAND BY FOR ACTION" THE MUSIC OF BARRY GRAY - Barry Gray

From the early FOUR FEATHER FALLS through FIREBALL XL5, THUNDERBIRDS, CAPTAIN SCARLET, UFO etc etc. This is a fabulous compilation of original scores to Gerry Anderson shows, Barry Gray was truly a giant talent and I can honestly say he contributed very healthily to my young childhood.

Tim, looking at the track listing for this one I have a question for you that, when I ask myself the same question one theme comes straight to mind...

Listening to track 19, "Captain Scarlet - Century 21 Logo", which of Gray's themes pops into your head at the end of the logo?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2012
    UFO.
  3. Timmer wrote
    UFO.

Me too.

I was just wondering. A great and dramatic combination of both music and visuals (logo and title sequence) for me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    christopher wrote
    THE LOST CHILD - Mark McKenzie

This album is just ravishingly beautiful. The first half is especially so. I think Mark McKenzie is one of the most consistently excellent composer ever. By that I mean that the man doesn't seem to write duds. Nearly every score that he writes is just really good. Granted, there are a couple I haven't heard, and he hasn't scored that many, but I'd say the quality of his average score is very high compared to most composers.

Indeed. I haven't heard anything by him though that isn't in fact, beautiful!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    UFO.

Me too.

I was just wondering. A great and dramatic combination of both music and visuals (logo and title sequence) for me.

And still one of my favourites to this day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Mine too! Loved the show also!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PAUL LEONARD MORGAN - Dredd

I am on my first listen and until now (5th cue) it is God-awful. I guess it genuinely marks the Total Recall of a generation that characterizes Dubstep as music.
  4. So you were talking about Dredd before. You just didn't realise it at the time! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Mummy Jerry Goldsmith

The antidote to the Total Recalls, the Bourne Legacys and the Dredds. Film music proper.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

The antidote to the Total Recalls, the Bourne Legacys and the Dredds. Film music proper.

Word forever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote

punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And for the sake of starting a well-worn (but always fun) argument: I think this is much better than Silvestri's score! And I like Silvestri's score a lot.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    And for the sake of starting a well-worn (but always fun) argument: I think this is much better than Silvestri's score! And I like Silvestri's score a lot.

Well worn or not, facts are facts! biggrin beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2012
    NP: Basic Instinct - Jerry Goldsmith

Perfection!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    n.p. JOHN WILLIAMS - A.I

Perfection!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Erik Woods wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Bregje wrote
    RE: The Avengers

Funny I read this discussion now. Because my son said yesterday, after seeing the Avengers DVD cover:
    "Actually The Avengers is Iron Man 2 1/2"
    tongue

Yeap smile My thoughts.

It's also Captain American 1 1/2, Thor 2, Black Widow 1, The Hulk Redux, etc. Oh wait, actually, it's The Avengers 1.

-Erik-

I'll pass the message to him, see if he agrees with that as well spin
  5. Hans Zimmer - Black Rain

The bootleg, of course. The sound quality isn't good, but there are a lot of good things to say about this score. There are of course tracks that are unlistenable (the whole "steel plant tetralogy"), but the soundscape Hans created for the score is maybe not too unique (it is very much in the sound of the 1980s, but with much more intelligence than whatever Harold Faltermeyer ever did or something like that. And you can actually, by the atmospheric character of it, tell that it's a Ridley Scott movie from the score. The atmosphere building is impeccably there.

Some great action/stalking cues (The Overshadow, Chase of the Steel Plant, Final Confrontation and a little bit in Sato's Escape/Nick's Arrest), some great Japanese-tingled underscore cues (for a while I thought if The Yakuza Codex wasn't at least INFLUENCED by Tora! Tora! Tora!).

I don't yet know how influential the score was, I've just heard it was and that Zimmer was told to ape his Charlie Loses His Head cue (early piece of atonality from him) for his action music in Backdraft, because Ron Howard loved it so much.

All-in-all a cult score and a rare case of an early Zimmer work I like quite a lot, in fact I recently can't stop listening to it.

Get on with it, Lala!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2012 edited
    NP: Beyond Rangoon - Hans Zimmer

Not bad... wink

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE AVIATOR - Howard Shore

Very "classical" sounding score, I enjoy it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE David Whitaker SONGBOOK

As far as I can make out, and the liner notes don't give nothing away, 11 of the 21 tracks are from film scores.

It's an incredibly ecclectic mix from French pop to lounge to brassy 'music to spy by' to beautifully orchestrated easy listening and even 'classical', I love this album and it's become one of the best buys I made this year.

I'm playing this. Much easier to quote from my post of a year ago wink
    • CommentAuthorzond0
    So, I've actually just been watching the TV show, but I can't help but enjoy the music too. Star Trek: The Next Generation, anyone? It's great getting to relive some childhood, and I forgot how much fun the music was.

Anyone have any insight on how it was done? (Studio recording or was it electronic? I can't tell some of the time)
    Those who have a why to live for can overcome almost any how. -Nietzsche
  6. zond0 wrote
    So, I've actually just been watching the TV show, but I can't help but enjoy the music too. Star Trek: The Next Generation, anyone? It's great getting to relive some childhood, and I forgot how much fun the music was.

Anyone have any insight on how it was done? (Studio recording or was it electronic? I can't tell some of the time)

Here is some info on some of the music:

www.filmscoremonthly.com/cds/detail.cfm … s-Project/