• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2012 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Timmer wrote
    One of my favourite Bond songs isn't even a title track and even plays as source music on the villains walkman as he throws exploding milk bottles. This is a corking track written by John Barry and Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders, apparantly Barry & Hynde got on very well unlike Barry's well publicised spat with title singers of THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS a~ha

WHERE HAS EVERYBODY GONE

I've been listening to the expanded Barry album a lot recently. Do you know if it's true what Clemmensen of Filmtracks stated? He said that Barry was actually trying to get this song into the title sequence instead of the a-ha thing. Is that true?

That's the first I've heard of it. I'd like to know who/what Clemmensen's sources were? I do remember a tabloid newspaper back in the day saying that a~ha's song was thrown out and that The Pretenders were doing a new one ( no mention of John Barry but hey, were talking tabloid newspapers rolleyes ), unless proven otherwise I'd take that info with a bit of salt.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013 edited
    One of my favourite songs and it's been recorded by a multitude of artists and has featured in multiple films, THE TALENTED MR RIPLEY ( Miles Davis version ) and MOULIN ROUGE ( David Bowie & Massive Attack ) among them

NATURE BOY

Anyone know the film it was originally written for? You shouldn't need a Quantum Leap in thought to get there. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013
    The Circle o....

Do you really wanna see my list? tongue
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    The Circle o....

Do you really wanna see my list? tongue

...only if it makes you feel better. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    biggrin

No I won't do list my favorite including countless Disney/other animated movie songs (that will bore me as well tongue ), but there are several good ones I want to share.

And the first one is not from an animated movie.

A song from a Japanese movie "Poppoya (railway man)", written by Ryuichi Sakamoto and sung by his daughter Miu.

Japanese version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCID4I9Gnw
    English version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npJ5mamoHhE

Actually I haven't seen this movie but love the song.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013 edited
    Miya, did you read my Karaoke thread?

Lots and lots of Disney songs there that I've now nailed for future performances. Maybe you could recommend some to me?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Miya wrote
    biggrin

No I won't do list my favorite including countless Disney/other animated movie songs (that will bore me as well tongue ), but there are several good ones I want to share.

A song from a Japanese movie "Poppoya (railway man)", written by Ryuichi Sakamoto and sung by his daughter Miu.

What a lovely song love

Are both versions by the same singer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Miya wrote
    biggrin

What a lovely song love

Are both versions by the same singer?

Yes, both are by Sakamoto Miu. Actually those lyrics are very different, though. (I guess the English version was recorded for her album, not the movie)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    Thor wrote
    Miya, did you read my Karaoke thread?

Lots and lots of Disney songs there that I've now nailed for future performances. Maybe you could recommend some to me?

ok I'll check it out! smile
  1. As Time Goes By
    Singing in the Rain
    High Noon (Do Not Forsake Me ...)
    Part Of Me, Part Of You
    When You Whish Upon A Star
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow
    Moon River
    Wondrin' Star
    Live And Let Die
    The Living Daylights
    Diamonds Are Forever
    Goldfinger
    Into The West
    Book of Days

Well, some of these songs were used in a filmbut not written for it. Doesn't make them any less good.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2013
    Anyone already mentioned "Somewhere in My Memory" from Home Alone? I love that song. Even when it's out of season. christmas_drunk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I find it interesting how the generation gap shows with some of the songs I thought of such as Somewhere Over the Rainbow, The Man That Got Away, and As Time Goes By; all standards for me.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. sdtom wrote
    I find it interesting how the generation gap shows with some of the songs I thought of such as Somewhere Over the Rainbow, The Man That Got Away, and As Time Goes By; all standards for me.
    Tom

Tom, you did notice my post, did you? wink

And as everybody here has taken to state their respective ages: I turn 42 on the 4th of July. I fill that genreation gap. biggrin

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    I'm 28 but I like Moon River and Somewhere Over the Rainbow and such cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I didn't mean to infer anything. I'm glad that you like the songs that I do. Another favorite are some of the Gershwin songs from Girl Crazy.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!