• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013 edited
    Bregt wrote
    I thought the London Museum close to the Barbican was very interesting too.

It is but unfortunately that's what happens when you hang around with a bunch of low-brows, Bregt. rolleyes wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    Great report Thor beer

I wish I could have been there for much of it but too many personal things in the way at present.

I think I'd have been more in your camp with not doing the sightseeing thing, though having said that I would happily spend days in the Natural History Museum with Bregt wink

p.s. I highly recommend The Tower of London, at least on some future trip.

The first Museum (of London) wasn't my cup of tea, the second The Natural History Museum was. At least there you saw something wink

as for Thor's Torture Tour, I don't know what was more painful. The incredible pace of the tour, or Bregt's wacky guide info biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013
    Nice reports Thor! Enjoyed meeting lots of familiar nicknames in the flesh as well, the dinner was a success! biggrin

Glad you all had a blast in London, sad I missed the torture tour. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrocodile
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013
    Bregt wrote
    Thanks for the report Thor.

Thor wrote
    Bregt provided the wacky guide audio (I think he must have said "The Tower of London is the cradle of democracy" about a thousand times...).

Of course you mean that the Houses of Parlaiment are the cradle of modern democracy!

Well, you know, given how convoluted history can be, that can a actually a very true statement. wink

I've not had a chance to do a lot of sightseeing, but spent quite a lot of time in the Natural History Museum, which I really liked. But the Vienna one was even better. I was lucky enough to catch a night of museums Saturday night so went to see everything from mummies to modern art. That was exhausting!

Karol
  2. francis wrote
    Nice reports Thor! Enjoyed meeting lots of familiar nicknames in the flesh as well, the dinner was a success! biggrin

Glad you all had a blast in London, sad I missed the torture tour. wink

don't worry, due to popular demand, it will return next year wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2013
    How was the concert for those that went to the other locations?
    Kazoo