• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2013
    Since there are several different groups now trying to arrange a get-together beforehand, I've created this 'event-merging' thread at FSM to assemble the people for a dinner before the concert:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … 716#bottom

Is there anyone here beyond me, Francis and Southall who are attending this and not on the list above?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2013
    Yes - me, from FSM, JWFan and here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Great! I'll add you to the list.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Jim, will you be at the Elfman gig?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    I try to be there as well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2013
    BasilB wrote
    I try to be there as well!

No try, only do! wink

Should I put you on the list?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2013
    Details of the programme, and the pre-concert seminar with Horner and David Newman and others (I wish I had known about this before, since I don't actually arrive until the day after it happens)

http://jameshorner-filmmusic.com/hollyw … e-program/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2013
    Same here. Alas, I won't be arriving untill the afternoon, and I don't think I can just "drop in" to get the last couple of hours.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Southall wrote
    Details of the programme, and the pre-concert seminar with Horner and David Newman and others (I wish I had known about this before, since I don't actually arrive until the day after it happens)

Does anyone else get a dodgy-looking "Congratulations you are a winner..." type window appear when you try to navigate away from this page? I'm seeing it in Google Chrome and IE but not when I use Opera.

Just curious what it is - it's certainly quite insistent advertising whatever it is.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2013
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I wish I could go. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Southall wrote
    Didn't get it in Safari.

Cheers James.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Southall wrote

Yes, had this info been known earlier I'd definitely gone to it as well.

I'm also getting the "Congratulations you are a winner..." popup with google chrome... weird association with such a classy site wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2013 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Does anyone else get a dodgy-looking "Congratulations you are a winner..." type window appear when you try to navigate away from this page? I'm seeing it in Google Chrome and IE but not when I use Opera.

Just curious what it is - it's certainly quite insistent advertising whatever it is.

Yeah, I got that. Annoying. Had to close the browser and re-open. Also using Google Chrome.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thanks for the replies guys. I was wondering if it was something suspicious that had been "planted" in the site? Surely the site wouldn't add such an annoying ad themselves?

I had to do a malware sweep of my PC and check my browser settings re: pop-ups just to make sure that I hadn't picked anything up.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2013
    Hi,

Someone who goes to Vienna, could get a signed CD Cover of James Horner for me? I´ll pay the shipping cost.

Thanks in advance
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't think Horner will available for signings or any other public attendance outside the concert hall. Except maybe the seminar on the 2nd, but I'll arrive after that, unfortunately. He's very shy.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    Thanks Thor. I know that it´s very difficult. And I hope that James Horner goes to Ghent in the future
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2013
    Hey, Francis -- would you like to join for some dinner Wednesday evening?

I'll probably be ready by 18:00.

The offer is open to anyone else too, of course....I thought it would be nice with a more informal dinner upon arrival in Vienna.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Enjoy the trip and concert you all! Greetings to Marcel.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor wrote
    Hey, Francis -- would you like to join for some dinner Wednesday evening?

I would if I was there, I'll be arriving thursday evening so I'll see you on friday. Have a safe trip!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, OK!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I am a little concerned by the potential for getting drunk at the 3-hour pre-concert gathering! Willpower required.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2013 edited
    Ha, ha...so am I. However, a live James Horner concert would be the one thing that could keep me in check.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2013
    I am of course not at all concerned by the potential for getting drunk after the concert. Indeed, I believe it is compulsory.
  4. Southall wrote
    I am of course not at all concerned by the potential for getting drunk after the concert. Indeed, I believe it is compulsory.

100% Compulsory! I don't generally need an excuse for having a bit of a session but post James Horner concert is a pretty good one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2013 edited
    Sure. The only problem is the lack of time (the concert ends pretty late) and the fact that I'm checking out and heading for London the next day....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Could I join for some after-The-concert drinks too? Would love to do so and meet some of you maintitles guys.

All best
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Of course. Although I have no idea how we're all going to meet outside the concert hall afterwards. I haven't planned that, and I assume it's a pretty chaotic situation.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    Sure. The only problem is the lack of time (the concert ends pretty late) and the fact that I'm checking out and heading for London the next day....

Don't worry Thor, being Irish I have the ability to find an open bar if one exists! As for your early check in the next day I'm afraid I can be of no help in that department...