• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2014 edited
    gameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthrones
    gameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthronesgameofthrones

Peter spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2014
    Ahhh shad up!!! slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2014 edited
    Nevah!!! I'm way too excited to keep quiet!!!111 biggrin

Not a fan of the show, Tim? It has dragons, boobs, gore, gutsy writing, brilliant dialogue, good music, depravity, fantastic actors, cool and complex characters, great character interactions, antiheroes aplenty, zombies and of course Peter Dinklage!

Peter spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2014
    I'm a MASSIVE fan of the show Peter, I just don't have the means to watch the 4th season yet. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    We'd have to wait almost a year for it to arrive on Danish telly too, so I use this link-> www.watchseries.to/serie/game_of_thrones

You need to have adblock installed first though, as there are countless banners and crap otherwise.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Catching up on all the movies that I missed last year.

Frozen - Good movie, bland songs, good score. Licked some of the action licks, reminded me of Beck's work on Buffy.

Thor 2 - Meh movie. Some of Tyler's emotional cues were good (albeit simplistic) but I've never liked his action writing much and there's oodles of it here.

Olympus Has Fallen - Entertaining. I thought the score was tremendously effective in supporting the film, especially during the initial takeover scenes.

This Is the End - Lots of fun. While sparse in the film, I thought the score was very good and appropriately apocalyptic. Shame that it was never released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Josh B wrote
    Licked some of the action licks

All it takes is one misplaced 'c' and I'm aroused.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014
    Alan, did you watch The One Show this evening? If you didn't there was a fascinating and excellently filmed article on the Goshawk. Worth catching up on if you missed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Alan, did you watch The One Show this evening? If you didn't there was a fascinating and excellently filmed article on the Goshawk. Worth catching up on if you missed it.

No, I missed it. I will take a look. Thanks for the prod.

[edit] shocked Great stuff. I remember seeing one a couple of years ago - but not at such close quarters. This one was some distance off and quite high in the air, just effortlessly patrolling its territory.

I am not sure I'd be able to identify one myself though: we were on a guided day and it was pointed out to us (with some excitement as they are not that common in this part of the world.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2014
    Unless someone were there to tell me I most definitely wouldn't be able to identify one.

What an awesome bird though.
  1. Timmer wrote
    What an awesome bird though.

Fantastic! So manoeuvrable to get through all those trees. And Miranda's arms!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014
    Pacific Rim - Badass. And Djawadi's score is surprisingly effective.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Most people thought it was shite. For me, it satisfied my giant robots v giant monsters yearly quota. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sleep
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I like the score, the film I found tedious.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2014
    AFRICA'S GIANT KILLERS: NATURAL WORLD

On BBC 2 right now. Lions and Elephants....WOW!!!!! Stunning and at times very upsetting and grisly viewing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Elephants are the ET's of the natural world; kinda ugly, but also really quite beautiful. I remember seeing a documentary some time ago (can't for the life of me remember what it was) where a baby elephant had lost its parents, and Christ on a stick did that get to me. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's why I'm still on line. So that I can look away and man-up. Some of this is seriously upsetting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I feel ya, bro. Animal suffering gets to me, and for no logical reason, elephants I feel particularly sympathetic towards. Nature's a bitch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2014 edited
    One of the highlights of my visit to the NgoroNgoro reserve in Tanzania a few years ago was seeing a big, adult elephant alone on a grassy field, quite a bit away from all the animals. Very majestic.

Vice versa, the most 'brutal' view we had was when we drove up to a lion that had just caught its prey -- a baby buffalo that lay by its side, the lion breathing and panting and being exhausted from the chase.

I'm not sure I would see the two of them together, however. Elephants and lions aren't supposed to be up against each other.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2014
    Circumstances. It was in this show Thor, Lions taking down weak elephants. Stunning and harrowing all at once.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The making of BATMAN TV series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UB2jgZAbY

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Desolation of Smauuuuuug

Only just started watching this (not out of choice). First few things that strikes me about this film: everything looks fake, the wallpaper music is incessant, Gandalf is a shit wizard, everything is SO GRAND AND EPIC and I just don't give a shit about anything happening.

God I fucking hate these films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I heard Smaug is a snooze fest and that some action scene with barrel's is absolutely hilarious for all the wrong reasons. I'm still going to see it though.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh man I saw Smaug in the theatre and my butt was numb. It's even worse than the first film.

That being said I caught myself nodding off on the sofa today and put Man Of Steel on the TV for some background noise. The bits that I saw when I wasn't dozing off were hilariously bad. It pretty much summed up everything that is wrong with movies these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It doesn't help that both Tolkien and Peter Jackson bore the crap out of me. Peter Jackson is too much an anorak filmmaker for me. Brevity is not his strong point. slant

I'd take Man of Steel over this any day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote

Only just started watching this (not out of choice). First few things that strikes me about this film: everything looks fake, the wallpaper music is incessant, Gandalf is a shit wizard, everything is SO GRAND AND EPIC and I just don't give a shit about anything happening.

Glad to see we're back on track again, because I absolutely LOVED this film. Not as good as the first HOBBIT, which I thought was the second best film in 2012, but pretty damn close.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor, ever thought about doing stand-up?

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote

Glad to see we're back on track again, because I absolutely LOVED this film. Not as good as the first HOBBIT, which I thought was the second best film in 2012, but pretty damn close.

I'm with you Thor. I just love this stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote

I do see their appeal, but what appeals to fans of these films is precisely what makes me want to peel my own skin off. Also, some the effects shots in this film are just awful. Jackson's ambitious approach to special effects often outreaches his ability to use them effectively.

I hate most fantasy things like this. Fantasy just doesn't gel with me. The story seems to be focused on the events, and not the characters. In that sense, I love Game of Thrones, because I suppose that is far more realistic in its approach, more 'down to earth' (if such a thing can be said of fantasy), and the characters are INFINITELY more interesting.