• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2008
    Btw, I guess Soncinemad will be at a later date this year? Otherwise it would have been announced yet? Do you have already vague ideas when? I want to do some trips this summer (it's my last summer before I start working) and I thought to do Soncinemad and meet there with some good friends of this place.

Any updates?

Perhaps I'm a bit too nervous and demanding. dizzy
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Seriously now, is there any news? Or, when will there be news? We foreigners have to plan in advance wink

I'd go along with this question.

Time is moving on and I'd like to know one way or another for SONCINEMAD 2008. Plans need to be made.

Ditto. I'm not doing Ubeda this year (at least not at the moment) but I'd like to do something. I'm staying away from the WSA from now on as last year was such a disgrace to the fans. 90% of people there were just invited (they didn't even pay to get in) and to shut out all the fans from that reception at the end was unbelievable. Thank God David Arnold recognised me. shame slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Seriously now, is there any news? Or, when will there be news? We foreigners have to plan in advance wink

I'd go along with this question.

Time is moving on and I'd like to know one way or another for SONCINEMAD 2008. Plans need to be made.

Ditto. I'm not doing Ubeda this year (at least not at the moment)

That´s too bad sad Úbeda 2008 looks great!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    I'm staying away from the WSA from now on as last year was such a disgrace to the fans. 90% of people there were just invited (they didn't even pay to get in) and to shut out all the fans from that reception at the end was unbelievable. Thank God David Arnold recognised me. shame slant

What did they answer you when you emailed them concerning this last year?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    Anthony wrote
    I'm staying away from the WSA from now on as last year was such a disgrace to the fans. 90% of people there were just invited (they didn't even pay to get in) and to shut out all the fans from that reception at the end was unbelievable. Thank God David Arnold recognised me. shame slant

What did they answer you when you emailed them concerning this last year?

I didn't get a reply. angry rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Unfortunately, Soncinemad 2008 is postponed. Expect details and official press release soon.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Unfortunately, Soncinemad 2008 is postponed. Expect details and official press release soon.

That´s too bad sad I hope there are major reasons, given the success of the previous two conferences. Waiting for the press realease.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote

Okay!

That's not the best news, but at least there's an edition then. So far it looked like there wasn't going to be any.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Perhaps it's been delayed due to being relocated to Bristol? I live in hope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregt wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Okay!

That's not the best news, but at least there's an edition then. So far it looked like there wasn't going to be any.

Indeed. Actually, it's quite good news. Because, if they were releasing any news this late on a festival that would be had around the same time it was last year, it probably would've been too late for me. Let's hope it's at a good time, with some good guests... They should've communicated better about the postponing, though.
  1. Bregt wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Okay!

Are you assuming that "postponing" means that it will appear sometime later in the year? Hopefully that will be the case, but I'm assuming that there isn't going to be a SONCINEMAD this year.

Hopefully all will be made clear with the official release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008
    Hmmmm, I hope not.

Otherwise lets meet in Ubeda? smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Otherwise lets meet in Ubeda? smile

Yeah, that would be soooo great, a MainTitles party in Úbeda! beer punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2008 edited
    Bregt, it's really a crime to get to Úbeda across Spain, from the airport. It's a journey of about a few hours, and that's after the travel by plane, and then I'm not even talking about the costs... I guess that's a bit too much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hmm, there's no train connection?

Damn, that sucks a bit. I always think and compare to our country, where evrything is so reachable by public transport.
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote
    Hmm, there's no train connection?

Damn, that sucks a bit. I always think and compare to our country, where evrything is so reachable by public transport.

From what I remember people saying about previous Ubeda festivals, if you don't have a car you have a 2-hour bus journey from the airport.

To be honest, I'd prefer to try and organise something more locally and just have an informal get together. Even hire a function room, bring a stereo and just play CDs - with access to a bar. Someone could bring some travel agent posters of Spain!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2008
    Hello? What happened?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    It was that way 'cause of the deadly-HOT body movement of Silvestri.

Down boy! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Looks like the place to be this summer is Filmucite II in Tenerife.

Ramin Djawadi (IRON MAN), John Frizzell (ALIEN RESURRECTION), Reinhold Heil, Johnny Klimek annd Tom Tykwer (PERFUME: THE STORY OF A MURDERER), Joel McNeely (TERMINAL VELOCITY), Trevor Rabin (NATIONAL TREASURE), Fernando Velazquez (THE ORPHANAGE) and Christopher Young (HELLRAISER).

http://www.fimucite.com
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What a line-up!

Oh, and Djawadi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Udeba too!
    Or was it Ubeda?

spin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorSangreal
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2008
    So ehm........2009 Soncinemad? Anyone?

Really hopes there is one in 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Damn, I expected some news when I´ve seen a new post in this thread slant
    • CommentAuthorSangreal
    Sorry shame ........but maybe there will be when this thread is up in the picture again ....
  3. biggrin

I hope too.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. Any news about this year? Demetris?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2009
    Not yet sad
  5. Oh, OK, because I would go to such a festival. For now I might slowly start planning on Ubeda then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009
    Does anyone know if Soncinemad was ever arranged in 2008? What about this year, 2009? Moreover, does anyone have any information on the festival and how it came to be? The site www.soncinemad.com seems to be down. Thanks.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009
    What do you want to learn exactly my friend? I was doing international pr for the committee and was a member of the organizing team back in 2006. 08 and 09 where planned all the way with great names attached but stuck in various sponsor-related issues.