• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009
    He's writing an article on filmmusic festivals and wants us to do his research.

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2009 edited
    fommes wrote
    He's writing an article on filmmusic festivals and wants us to do his research.

tongue

He, he...well, that's one way of putting it.

He's right, though. I'm writing an article on film music festivals for a Norwegian online film magazine (the same I wrote the Morricone article for a couple of weeks ago), and my google efforts have come up dry. The site is gone and all I could find were various messageboard threads like this one.

What I would like to know is:

1. How did this festival come into being? Who were the sponsors?
    2. Where in Madrid was it held?
    3. What guests were at the 2006 and 2007 festivals (I assume it started in 2006)?
    4. What were the contents in general? Workshops? Orchestral performances? etc.
    5. What prevented the 2008 and 2009 festivals (was it merely a matter of not finding enough sponsors?) Are there any plans to start it up again?
    6. Was there anything "special" about it? You know, like the Krakow festival has the great Blonia fields concerts, Ubeda has the renaissance-style buildings, Tenerife has...well Tenerife etc.

If you know anything about this, Demetris, I'll give you a "special thanks" at the end of the article. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    Anyone? The article's going online in a couple of days.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Can't you delay it a bit? I am looking up my archives too for your details but have also asked Pablo Nieto too, the director of the festival for more info, i am waiting for his reply if he's willing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Can't you delay it a bit? I am looking up my archives too for your details but have also asked Pablo Nieto too, the director of the festival for more info, i am waiting for his reply if he's willing.

Oh, I didn't expect you to go to THAT much trouble, D. I'm only going to have a "condensed" paragraph on it, after all, with SOME of the info above. But I can hold off untill the last deadline on Sunday midnight if that helps.

Thanks!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, if you can hold it a bit i'll see what i can get for you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009
    Hey, D, I'm afraid I had to send the article off this morning, as it was past the deadline even (I had to base it on various old press releases that I had found on the net). But I'll gladly take any info you might get from your contact, should I ever do another article on these festivals, perhaps with more details on each and every one. Sorry I couldn't hold it any longer.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You mentioned Ghent too, right Thor?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    You mentioned Ghent too, right Thor?

Of course. I'll provide a link when it's up (even though it's in Norwegian).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009 edited
    No worries mate, i am sorry he didn't reply in a timely manner as i haven't talked to him in ages, but let me know if you need anything else in the near future!