• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2015
    lp wrote
    NP: How To Train Your Dragons 2 - John Powell

This is an excellent, rousing score. This score better damn get the Oscar nod for Best Animation Score.

There is no such thing. However, it did just win an Annie Award.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Ref Jupiter Ascending
    Give this a try.

01. Commitment
    02. Flying Dinosaur Fight
    03. The Titus Clipper
    04. The Abrasax Family Tree
    05. It’s A Hellava Chase
    06. Digging Up The Flirt
    07. Scrambled Eggs
    08. Dinosaur To New Heights
    09. The Houses Of Abrasax
    10. The Shadow Chase
    11. Abdicate This!
    12. Family Jeopardy
    13. Flying Dinosaur Fight with Guts
    14. Jupiter Ascending - 1st Movement
    15. Jupiter Ascending - 2nd Movement
    16. Jupiter Ascending - 3rd Movement
    17. Jupiter Ascending - 4th Movement

Thanks for the playlist. I'm giving this one a go now. Care to explain why you picked this particular order?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2015 edited
    ND (Now Deleting): Several albums....

Going through my iTunes collection and finally deleting those albums I've given enough chances or that I simply don't seem to get 'into'. Quality, not quantity! Wish I could unload my CD collection the same way.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I need to do this too. I have a lot of crap in my library I will NEVER listen to. (And if I change my mind, I'm sure I can find them again easily enough.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    I need to do this too. I have a lot of crap in my library I will NEVER listen to. (And if I change my mind, I'm sure I can find them again easily enough.)

One thing you'll never listen to is Ironclad, and that statement will remain true even if you come to own it. (Pretty terrible.) At the opposite end of the scale from 3:10 to Yuma, which remains my favourite Beltrami score (and it's a really, really strong film).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I initially dismissed 3:10 to Yuma when it came out. For the life of me I can't think why. Same goes for Soul Surfer, which I recently decided to give a proper listen (and may now be my favourite Beltrami score, edging just above Die Harderist 5).

IMDb tells me he's scoring Ant-Man. I hope that's true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote

This is an excellent, rousing score. This score better damn get the Oscar nod for Best Animation Score.

-Erik-

Back in the Alan Menken years it seemed that they had replaced the Best Original Score award with a Best Animation Score one. (And that was in fact what prompted them to create the separate "Best Original Comedy or Musical Score" - and ironically that coincided with Menken stopping doing so much for Disney - something I've never really understood since he was so pivotal to their revival.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh. It appears to have changed to Christopher Beck. Shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote
    I initially dismissed 3:10 to Yuma when it came out. For the life of me I can't think why. Same goes for Soul Surfer, which I recently decided to give a proper listen (and may now be my favourite Beltrami score, edging just above Die Harderist 5).

IMDb tells me he's scoring Ant-Man. I hope that's true.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

An Annie eh? She's all growed up now. Here's what she looks like now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wait. I'm getting myself confused here. It was Fantastic Four I saw his name attached to.

Whatever. Some Marvel, superhero film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote

-Erik-

Ahh, I see. It's a bit sad that they took that category away.

Hans should really win this one. But he won't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    Wait. I'm getting myself confused here. It was Fantastic Four I saw his name attached to.

It's not from Marvel. There's a big difference. FWIW.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote

I'm in the camp that Christophe Beck just need a good project to shine. His score for Tower Heist was great. His subsequent score had really good moments too. Perhaps Ant Man will be the one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote

Marco is working with Phillip Glass. An interesting pairing that should yield an interesting album at least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    lp wrote
    Steven wrote

It's not from Marvel.

It is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahem. Allow me to outgeek you both.

The Fantastic Four is a Marvel COMIC (it's one of their flagships in fact. Like Spider-Man. And one of their longest-running series).

However the film franchise is in the hands of Twentieth-Century Fox, which, although it has a working relationship with Marvel Enterprises (which includes its film division), is keeping this franchise tightly in its own hands. Marvel very much wants to retain control to incorporate them (and Spider-Man, whose film rights are in the hands of Sony) into the Marvel cinematic universe...but it seems unlikely to happen any time soon.

As you were.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

The Fantastic Four is a Marvel COMIC (it's one of their flagships in fact. Like Spider-Man. And one of their longest-running series).

However the film franchise is in the hands of Twentieth-Century Fox, which, although it has a working relationship with Marvel Enterprises (which includes its film division), is keeping this franchise tightly in its own hands. Marvel very much wants to retain control to incorporate them (and Spider-Man, whose film rights are in the hands of Sony) into the Marvel cinematic universe...but it seems unlikely to happen any time soon.

As you were.

Word! biggrin

How many years will it be before I get to see a classic tear up of Hulk v Thing slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    The Fantastic Four is a Marvel COMIC

Twentieth-Century Fox has a working relationship with Marvel Enterprises.

Marvel very much wants to retain control to incorporate them into the Marvel cinematic universe.

So... not Marvel?
  1. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

As you were.

Word! biggrin

How many years will it be before I get to see a classic tear up of Hulk v Thing slant

Like this?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote
    The Fantastic Four is a Marvel COMIC

Twentieth-Century Fox has a working relationship with Marvel Enterprises.

Marvel very much wants to retain control to incorporate them into the Marvel cinematic universe.

So... not Marvel?

Not Marvel.
    Cinematically.

It's all a bit of a wonder.
    A Marvel, even.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Not Marvel.
    Cinematically.

"Let's go see that new 20th Century Fox film!"

"Oh, you mean that new Marvel film."

"...yes."

Steven, OUT.

(Stan Lee.) biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There's just ONE Twentieth Century Fox film, dawg.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mercy me. 20 seconds of glorious, untouched original theatrical goodness. Oh George. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE MASTER (Jonny Greenwood)

Not always an easy listen (Greenwood never is), but by God...it's so captivating!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Jupiter Ascending - Michael Giacchinio

Anthony's playlist. Stuff it haters! This is Giacchino at his all time best! For those that have been begging for Giacchino to return to his video game roots (I'm one of those people) then this is it folks! BRILLIANT!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Ref Jupiter Ascending
    Give this a try.

01. Commitment
    02. Flying Dinosaur Fight
    03. The Titus Clipper
    04. The Abrasax Family Tree
    05. It’s A Hellava Chase
    06. Digging Up The Flirt
    07. Scrambled Eggs
    08. Dinosaur To New Heights
    09. The Houses Of Abrasax
    10. The Shadow Chase
    11. Abdicate This!
    12. Family Jeopardy
    13. Flying Dinosaur Fight with Guts
    14. Jupiter Ascending - 1st Movement
    15. Jupiter Ascending - 2nd Movement
    16. Jupiter Ascending - 3rd Movement
    17. Jupiter Ascending - 4th Movement

Thanks for the playlist. I'm giving this one a go now. Care to explain why you picked this particular order?

-Erik-

I was finding it difficult to picture a story in my head with the order it was presented on the soundtrack.

I also wanted to get into some action much sooner. My biggest issue was the ending however - it felt like it was building up to something and that it would all come together, but it just...ended.

However moving the suites to the end works fantastically - movements 1 & 2 serve as a great finale, and 3 & 4 could be a great end credits piece.

I actually made a couple of very minor edits too - removed the loud opening of "The Abrasax Family Tree", removed the quiet bit at the end of "The Titus Clipper" and cut out a very small portion of "It's A Hellava Chase" (there's a silly "twinkly" bit). It helps improve the flow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    lp wrote
    Steven wrote

It's not from Marvel.

It is.

I meant that it wasn't produced by Marvel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thanks for the explanation, Anthony!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2015 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Jupiter Ascending - Michael Giacchinio

Anthony's playlist. Stuff it haters! This is Giacchino at his all time best! For those that have been begging for Giacchino to return to his video game roots (I'm one of those people) then this is it folks! BRILLIANT!

-Erik-

That this score was very "Erik Woods" was one of the least surprising things ever! I got that vibe after just a few seconds! biggrin

That being said, I'm also grateful for Anthony's playlist. I'm going to try that eventually, and see if it helps.
    I am extremely serious.