• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008 edited
    Hmm....after analysis of your statement...you seriously need a new pair of trousers if that's in your pocket. wink tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2008
    Nah my trousers are good. I need mehr Geld!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    THE BEE IS DEAD!

The tech guys finally came and sorted out my computer. But...

...they took the heat thingy (wtf, I've forgotten it's name!) off the processor (the big metal thing that directs the heat away from it) and didn't put it back on so as soon as they left I had to open it all up again to put it right. Teh fools! But at least I can now work in peace and quiet (well, some at least!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The big cooling thingy.....it will work ok for a couple of days and then the cpu / motherboard or both will probably be BOOM!!!!! Fried, or burned or both hehe. But i am sure they will put one new one back on the cpu! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's also called a fan. biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nooooooooooo, it's not a fan. It's a chunky metal thing (I can't believe I've forgotten the name) that sits of top of the CPU. It's kinda spikey...omg, someone tell me what it's called! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ooh. The radiator?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nope it's not called that, but yes it is the ''thing'' im talking about! tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    HEATSYNC! That's what it's called! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    LOL, the melting has begun. The fans are going into overdrive now - it's lounder than it was with the dust caught in it! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hehehe told ya so
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ooohh, soon, it'll do BOOM! (if D's right, and, y'know, he usually is) and then they'll send you home!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't think it'll go BOOM. I've melted my fair share of hardware over the years - the screen will probably start going weird and then it will just crash. And then a change of desks!

Will the tech guys come to repair it before complete destruction?! Will tomorrows lunch be better than today? Will I become the manager of a strip club?! Find out next week on ''There's a Bee in my computer!''
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote
    I don't think it'll go BOOM. I've melted my fair share of hardware over the years - the screen will probably start going weird and then it will just crash. And then a change of desks!

No, duh, 'course it won't go BOOM!. Not unless you arrange for the BOOM! yourself! Take some preparation! Then, the moment the computer falls flat, you go BOOM! with a, I dunno, chips bag? You act completely in shock, bewildered, and ask for a raise, working under these conditions.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008 edited
    Oh man, a guy just had a go at me for ''calling him when he was driving''. He was like ''Listen mate, it's illegal to be on the phone while driving.'' I just hung up on him (I SO wanted to say ''then why the hell did you pick up?!''.) But how stupid... rolleyes
  1. Anthony wrote
    ...so as soon as they left I had to open it all up again to put it right...

Tut, tut!

Surely you were not allowed to do that?! In ome places you can't even replace a fuse without having to call in someone else to do it.

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2008
    It's Friday!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sure thing. A friday can NEVER be a long and tiring day, i just love 'em! (despite the fact that i have an awful exam in 3 hours and i am up early, trying to open my eyes and get well on my 2nd filter coffee so i can review the s***t another time all over!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Oeh, good luck, man! Let us know how it went! wave
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Haha wicked, I just got through to a guy who's business was training people to use Cubase! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sure thing. A friday can NEVER be a long and tiring day, i just love 'em! (despite the fact that i have an awful exam in 3 hours and i am up early, trying to open my eyes and get well on my 2nd filter coffee so i can review the s***t another time all over!)

biggrin

Good luck!
    Kazoo
  2. Anthony wrote
    Haha wicked, I just got through to a guy who's business was training people to use Cubase! cheesy

Is that good?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Is that good?

Well it's not necessarily "good", but I thought it was cool as a lot of composers use that software. wink
  3. Anthony wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anthony wrote

Is that good?

Well it's not necessarily "good", but I thought it was cool as a lot of composers use that software. wink

Ah, right. I'd not idea what Cubase was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008 edited
    Well, what should've become the Longest. Day. Ever. yesterday, ultimately became one of the most boring ones, since bol.com canceled the second jobinterview due to sickness of the woman I was going to talk to. Will get a new appointment soon.

But, as if fate is having a hand in all this, in the meantime I did get two other jobinterview appointments! One at Selexyz tomorrow (a bookstore/supplier) and one at RCV Entertainment next week (a filmdistributor!). So that takes the pressure off bol.com a bit and puts more motion into my evergoing quest for a job! Yay! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008
    You'll prefer the RCV job more I think? wink

Good luck on all of those.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008 edited
    Bregt wrote
    You'll prefer the RCV job more I think? wink

Absolutely! But the weird thing is, that they invited me for a conversation on basis of the several jobapplications I sent them over the past few months, reacting an basically every vacancy they had. It showed my enthusiasm for the company, and that's what they want to talk about. They're not sure if they really have something interesting for me right now, at the moment, so I'm more betting on bol.com, since that's an actual opening. But if I can work out anything at RCV, that'd be brilliant!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    50 minutes until lunch! lick

How's everyone elses day going? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, I'm off to my next jobinterview in a few minutes... Kind of nervous, but it's more like at a deploymentoffice, not at a company where I could work. Tomorrow will be The Big Day, with my second interview at bol.com, and later that same day my interview at filmdistributor RCV. Then, that next day, a second interview at bookretailer Selexyz, man, I'm looking up against that... Oh man, I hate this whole situation sad At least the weather's good to cheer me up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I have exams (again) at 17:00. About Tibet and Buddhism.......don't ask why. It sucks.