• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    About Tibet and Buddhism.

You were doing something with music right? biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I have exams (again) at 17:00. About Tibet and Buddhism.......don't ask why. It sucks.

I find Tibet and it's culture utterly fascinating! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, i am in my 5th year at the music department and hopefully getting my bachelor this summer. Obviously i had the bright idea to take some lessons from other departments as well and the Tibet thingy came along. But it went alright, thank God (or Buddha). Last year i did some Jihad / Muslims thing as well!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I have exams (again) at 17:00. About Tibet and Buddhism.......don't ask why. It sucks.

I find Tibet and it's culture utterly fascinating! cool

Yeah. As long as you like your cow And i don't mean served in your dish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    biggrin biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008
    Just got through to a complete idiot. ''I'm a bit busy at the moment, can you call back at half seven?''.

Yeah sure mate, everyone works that late don't they... rolleyes

Sigh.

And the number of times you say ''Can I speak to *name here*?'' and the reply is ''Yes you can, but they're away on holiday'' is stupid. If they're away then HOW can I speak to them?! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Just got through to a complete idiot. ''I'm a bit busy at the moment, can you call back at half seven?''.

Yeah sure mate, everyone works that late don't they... rolleyes

Well, aparantly, that's not so weird... I mean, I recently got called by some callsenter for some thing they got, and I said it wasn't such a good time (I can never tell them straight to their faces to leave me alone... plus, I had already tried different other things, like "I'm not interested in some discount and I won't participate in a query", but she persisted it was "something different altogether"), and they asked: when could I call back? And I said, just to get them to leave me alone: "uhm, tonight? after 7-ish?", thinking "ha! now they won't call me, 'cause that's after working hours!". But, sure enough, they called... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    BobdH wrote
    Then, that next day, a second interview at bookretailer Selexyz

Books, books, books!! lick
    Do you get discount if you work there? That would be cool. The same goes for BOL as well of course...

Good luck with the interviews, I hope you get what you want! wave
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008
    lol, the number of people who give you all their business details and their name before asking ''where are you calling from?'' is surprising. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008 edited
    Today is officially the longest day ever. Stupid clock, hanging there by itself on the wall, in the corner of my eye.

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Jack Bauer, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.

OMG. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    Don't you enjoy reading, Anthony?

I am never bored, I always have a book with me. Can't remember the last time I was actually bored! Must be the kind of occasion where it would have been inappropriate to start reading...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm at work, so all reading I do consists of Main Titles, ShoutWire and BBC News. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I actually created a PDF book folder on my server for exactly that occasion... I just log on, and hey presto! Reading material. biggrin

...Though I haven't actually made any use of it yet.. I'm too bloody busy! shocked
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's a great idea, Martijn! I don't think I'd be able to motivate myself to be able to do that though. The internets is my book. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRREEEEEDDDDDD!!!!! cry sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2008
    I, on the other hand, have had one of the shortest days ever.

I don't know who said something similar above, but I never get bored out of free will. The only times are when I'm waiting for something that is beyond my control (waitingroom, waiting for a scheduled meeting etc.).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008
    Question for the bored English speaking people around here:

Would you write

Relax! Take it eaaaaaaaaasy

or

Relax! Take it eeeeeeeeeasy

?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Err, Relax! Take it easy?

I know you'd ''say'' it eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy though. wink Writing it might be with all the A's though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Argh!! That's not of any help!

I'm correcting an article in Dutch but the title is Relax! Take it eaaaaaaaasy
    I was about to change it to eeeeeeeasy when I thought, let's ask the native English people first what would be best.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2008 edited
    I'm English. cry

It would be eaaaaasy. (it would be spelt differently from how it's said though, as you would hold the ''e'' rather than the ''a'')
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Anthony wrote
    I'm English. cry

It would be eaaaaasy. (it would be spelt differently from how it's said though, as you would hold the ''e'' rather than the ''a'')

I would write it as "eeeeeeeaaaassssyyyyy" - elongate everything!!

But then I'm Scottish. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Heh yeah. Technically if you said it you'd be holding the E though, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Anthony wrote
    Heh yeah. Technically if you said it you'd be holding the E though, right?

Yeah that was exactly what made me wonder... it makes more sense to write it that way too then?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Hmm, I don't know. I personally wouldn't immediatly think ''oh, that's easy but elongated'' if i saw that, hence why I'd probably write it eaaaaaaasy. dizzy
  1. Anthony wrote
    Hmm, I don't know. I personally wouldn't immediatly think ''oh, that's easy but elongated'' if i saw that, hence why I'd probably write it eaaaaaaasy. dizzy

I would write it "eeeeeeeasy" (though knowing that it should be eeeeeaaaasssyyyy).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregje, I think it's up to you. We British can't agree on anything! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Anthony wrote
    Bregje, I think it's up to you. We British can't agree on anything! biggrin

OMG, it's so creepy you say that. I just replied to the author with the unedited version and said 'I asked my British friends but they couldn't agree so it's up to you!'
    biggrin

I still vote for eeeeeeasy though.

And by the way, thank you both for the quick reply. It was still helpful and appreciated! kiss
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why not put EZ? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    Me is hungee. eat
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2008
    Same here. But don't know what to cook, and i am a bit bored to do it. Maybe some tagliatelle pasta with melted German Gouda all over it, fresh cream and slices of smoked turkey and fresh red pepper innit would do it, eh? eat