• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012
    Link stolen from FSM.

Great "Rise From Darkness" bonus cue from TDKR:

http://llnw.libsyn.com/p/2/1/b/21be7fb5 … c07e40d377
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    Can I has Download ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012
    http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Rises … B008645YEE

The trailer music of the fourth trailer is a combination of parts from track 3. Gotham's Reckoning and Bane's material from track 13. Imagine The Fire. Glad i found this.

Also, the more i listen to the score, the more themes and usage of them i discover, the more i find myself understanding what Zimmer did, and appreciating it. Some passages are truly massive and i imagine them in combination with Nolan's imaginative camerawork and breathtaking visuals, the end-result must be nothing short of stunning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
    sleep
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    Wake.up! The score is pretty good smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No, it's not!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i 'll wait until you give it some time and / or watch the movie too smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I've watched both previous Batman films and hearing the music in context hasn't helped the music one bit. Batman Begins is a horrible score! Just horrible. The Dark Knight is only slightly better because of the BRILLIANT Joker motif! I doubt my mind will change when and if I ever get a chance to see The Dark Knight Rises. These films deserved music better music!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bane's material is pretty good, and judging from the extra cues that fly around and the trailer musics, there must be even more material in the film that's not on the score cd. As for Dark Knight, it also had the excellent "like a dog chasing cars" moments and its variations, which were nothing short of awesome, imo smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    But one or two pretty good moments don't make an entire score great!

-Erik-
  1. Demetris wrote
    Bane's material is pretty good, and judging from the extra cues that fly around and the trailer musics, there must be even more material in the film that's not on the score cd. As for Dark Knight, it also had the excellent "like a dog chasing cars" moments and its variations, which were nothing short of awesome, imo smile

You refer to the music of 'The Dark Knight' having awesome music. This is of course your sole opinion because to me it's anything but awesome. TDK is a score I will simply never buy, or have no intention of listening to ever again. It's completely without everything I want in a film score, and by now I think you have a pretty good idea what that is.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. I think both 'Batman Begins' and 'The Dark Knight' are stunning scores and after re-watching both films recently I think they really make the films sing; they fit the films perfectly and really elevate them in my opinion. I've only listened to 'The Dark Knight Rises' twice since getting it Monday and I've gotta admit it's not really doing much for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if that opinion changes soon.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I became familiar with TDK before BB and when I listen to the former it just sounds like a synthy mockup of the second score. Of course it shows how much music was simply re-arranged for TDK but on the whole it sounds much better in the sequel.

Oh, and there's all the awesome joker stuff.
  3. Having seen this film... the score works well in the first 45 minutes or so. But from there it's such a cut-and-paste of things, with the chant filling all the gaps, and a decent (but not fatal) chunk of dialogue going under the music bus. Unfortunately if you have the 'fishy-pasta' thing in the back of your mind, it works against the film's seriousness a bit.

There are a few moments circling around Catwoman early on, and in particular Bane's opening manoeuvre, where the music sits really nicely around the scenes.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    What the hell are you guys talking about, 'fishy pasta'?!?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. The deshi bashara chant. Someone posted a youtube video with fish and pasta layered over the lines, because he heard it as "fishy pasta".
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote

Get ready to have The Dark Knight Rises score completely ruined for you!

Fishy, FISHY! Pasta, PASTA!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

Oh God....why did I ask?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    The gentleman who makes the comment about dolphins not being fish underneath that video has the kind of sense of humour that would make him right at home on this board at times!
  5. Indeed, the dolphin commenter should join the Gotham City police force depicted in The Dark Knight Rises. Up the ranks he would go.
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

Ruined is right. There are some key dramatic scenes in the film's second act which almost take on a Monty Python feel because a bunch of people are chanting that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    Demetris wrote

You refer to the music of 'The Dark Knight' having awesome music. This is of course your sole opinion because to me it's anything but awesome. TDK is a score I will simply never buy, or have no intention of listening to ever again. It's completely without everything I want in a film score, and by now I think you have a pretty good idea what that is.

Pff,. go listen to some 80's synths wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh and it's fishy butter wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Oh and it's fishy butter wink

FACT! biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2012
    Here's an article I just did, choosing my 10 favourite Zimmer scores of all time:

http://montages.no/2012/07/topp-10-hans … undtracks/
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Interesting list. I didn't go through the reasonings, because I don't know Norwegian at all, but it's interesting to put Black Rain so high on the list. Glad to see The Thin Red Line there as well. Inception is one of the very best Hans Zimmer works I'd say after repeated listenings.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can't get to 10 favourites but here's a list of those I do like a lot...

THIN RED LINE
    BLACK HAWK DOWN
    DA VINCI CODE
    BACKDRAFT
    BEYOND RANGOON
    INCEPTION

Plenty of other scores have moments I like including GLADIATOR, LAST SAMARAI, CRIMSON TIDE even the BATMAN scores but they also contain a lot of stuff that completely turns me off.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Interesting list. I didn't go through the reasonings, because I don't know Norwegian at all, but it's interesting to put Black Rain so high on the list. Glad to see The Thin Red Line there as well. Inception is one of the very best Hans Zimmer works I'd say after repeated listenings.

I'm sure you were pleased to see BEYOND RANGOON at the number 1 spot too, as we both have it as a favourite (if I remember correctly....I may be confusing you with plindboe).
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Beyond Rangoon is a very personal score to me recently (and part of my inspirational suite as well), but my all-time favourite is The Thin Red Line, which become even more personal for me after it got me in contact with the composer and I got my copy autographed by the composer with "To Pawel" written on it smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    I'm surprised to see Top 10 Zimmer List here without Jordi.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp