• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Awesome trailer... terrible movie!

-Erik-

Disagree. I think it's a well done homage to the first film.

Shouldn't it have been a well done sequel?

-Erik-

Whichever way you or I want to see it. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
    Umm... actually, the fact is it's a sequel to Superman II.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Demetris wrote
    Dt, why do you think Snyder's Superman's teaser trailer looked crap?

I think you're talking to me, not DT wink

well, for the fact nothing happens, even the superman returns teaser we saw a kid growing up with powers, here nothing happens except a cape and a superman going Mach 3

I thought it was crap because nothing suggested this is Superman, not the music, not the character (working on a fishing boat?) not the feel

I know they're going for a different approach, but still I didn't sense it is Superman. Without the final scene, it could be a drama for all we know, nothing suggest Superman at all.

that's why I think the teaser of Superman Returns it simply superior
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I liked the colors, the light, the angles, the overall tone. A lot.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Demetris wrote

well, for the fact nothing happens, even the superman returns teaser we saw a kid growing up with powers, here nothing happens except a cape and a superman going Mach 3

I thought it was crap because nothing suggested this is Superman, not the music, not the character (working on a fishing boat?) not the feel

I know they're going for a different approach, but still I didn't sense it is Superman. Without the final scene, it could be a drama for all we know, nothing suggest Superman at all.

For a fresh audience, the teaser works because you don't know it's about Superman until the final scene. The fact that it could be a drama works because it implies that the movie could be deeper than just a boy growing up with superpower. It is a teaser, after all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Also agree.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Here's my take on THE DARK KNIGHT RISES:

http://moviemusicuk.us/2012/08/24/the-d … ns-zimmer/

Jon
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012
    Btw i thought whilst seeing the Dark Knight Rises last night at the cinema (which i found spectacular, big Nolan fan here) that the music fit 100% and elevated it completely. The whole fishy fishy pasta pasta thingy gained meaning for me at the cinema with its steady pulse and continuous agonising build-up. Loved it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    That's exactly how I felt about it too D.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Am I right that the Bane motif is the same note repeated 4 times but with different harmony on each "pulse"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited
    Edit: wrong thread!
    tongue
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SPIDERMAN - James Horner

spider
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. lp wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Demetris wrote

For a fresh audience, the teaser works because you don't know it's about Superman until the final scene. The fact that it could be a drama works because it implies that the movie could be deeper than just a boy growing up with superpower. It is a teaser, after all.

I get it's a teaser, but still I'm always comparing in life, so this teaser did nothing for me (compared to the teaser of Superman Returns). I'm sure I'll chance my mind once I see a proper trailer or the finished movie in the end

but for now, hardly interested ... if it wasn't for the fact Snyder's directing it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : SPIDERMAN - James Horner

spider

James Horner
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  5. Happy 55th, Hans smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012
    Never die or retire Hans!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Imagine what his scores as a zombie would sound like wink
  6. Isn't Ramin Djawadi enough of a proof? wink
  7. Some news for his birthday:

Hans Zimmer has been hired to update the jingle for Germany´s most watched news, the "Tagesschau", for the newest makeover in October/November. I´m looking forward to it; it´s as iconic for us as the Big Ben bell ringing for the British.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Some news for his birthday:

Hans Zimmer has been hired to update the jingle for Germany´s most watched news, the "Tagesschau", for the newest makeover in October/November. I´m looking forward to it; it´s as iconic for us as the Big Ben bell ringing for the British.

That news is incorrect - it's Henning Lohner who is going to re-arrange that theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    So, is Hans' year off never going to happen now?
  8. Nope.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012 edited
    Well i don't see the reason why it should. wink Looking forward to SUPERMAN RETURNS. Very curious to hear that one...

[edit] obviously, as i was corrected, i mean MAN OF STEEL. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    Well i don't see the reason why it should. wink Looking forward to SUPERMAN RETURNS. Very curious to hear that one...

You mean MAN OF STEEL. Ottman did Superman Returns a few years ago.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote

MAN OF STEEL even? wink

EDIT: Erik beat me by seconds
  9. Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

MAN OF STEEL even? wink

EDIT: Erik beat me by seconds

Well, he is faster than a speeding bullet.

Or is that Superman? Or the Man of Steel?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You're both right. I guess i am hoping it will be Superman's return wink And also i am trying to erase that junk from my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Ah, the Ottman score is at least worthy of existing, it adds a nice little epilogue to the Williams legacy. Especially since we are apparently never going to hear that theme again in a new production.