• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009
    Nice. As long as it isn't another Mutt theme though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009 edited
    John Williams premieres concerto for harp

John Williams’ latest concert work, a harp concerto entitled “On Willows and Birches,” was premiered by the Boston Symphony Orchestra in their season opener on wednesday night. James Levine conducted the premiere performance of the work, which was commissioned by the orchestra to honor the BSO’s retiring principal, Ann Hobson Pilot. The fifteen-minute two part work was described in today’s reviews as a work that “showed the composer at his best”.

More at:
    http://moviescoremagazine.com/2009/09/j … -for-harp/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    Yes, the piece sounds promising and yet another addition to Williams' "tree obsession". Is there any instrument in the orchestra for which Williams has NOT written a concerto yet?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I wonder if it'll see a CD release?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Is there any instrument in the orchestra for which Williams has NOT written a concerto yet?

The triangle.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Kazoo?
    Kazoo
  1. A typewriter?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    Kazoo?

That's the most awesome idea I've ever heard!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A Rolf Harris wobble board.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    A whoopie cushion?!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    James Horner?
  2. Party pooper !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    He's missing the oboe from completing a complete cycle of concertos for the melodic instruments. As for percussion, he hasn't showed much interest in writing for piano in the past and I guess he is unlikely to change this late in the day. And he hasn't done a percussion concerto although he is an exceptional arranger for that section. Coming from a family full of percussionists one might have expected one by now? (his dad, two brothers, and one of his sons all specialized in percussion...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009
    John WilliamsStar Wars named best movie music of all time. Check this out.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    It seems that in the above post there was a problem in clicking the link, so, click the below link:

http://totalscifionline.com/features/40 … ovie-music

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  3. My mind already knows for decades it's the best movie music of all time. I don't need a website to tell me that. wink

And I would seriously put Empire first, Jedi second and Hope third as my favourite order of awesomeness. Strange even Empire isn't mentioned on that list.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I like JEDI best.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. If Star Wars is the "best movie music" of all time then it's been downhill for me ever since!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009
    Thor wrote
    I like JEDI best.

For me, certain aspects are best, the choral work is truly sublime.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    I like JEDI best.

For me, certain aspects are best, the choral work is truly sublime.

Indeed. It probably contains my favourite moments of Star Wars music, but the complete score is a bit of a challenge. For an all-round experience, the first one's probably my favourite.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sunil wrote
    John WilliamsStar Wars named best movie music of all time. Check this out.

Most popular!

Brilliant and grounbreaking without a doubt though nothing original ( music wise ) at all. Still, a good populist vote that's hard to disagree with.

p.s. give it a few years and # 10 will disappear into the obscurity it deserves.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Brilliant and groundbreaking? hmmm.... it seems to me that you are slowly understanding my theory of groundbreaking. Well done! applause
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Foolish man.
  5. But it really does break ground, in more ways than one. I'm with Sunil. Am I foolish? cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009 edited
    Yes! wink
  6. I knew it! Branded for life. sad
  7. Who do I have to sleep with at sony music to get a star wars saga complete recordings? We should seriously be looking into prostituting ourselves at this point as I feel it may be the only way.
    I'm your Piper at the gates of dawn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009
    Recently, i listened to Tchaikovsky's greatest hits, in that, "Marche Slave in B-Flat Major, Op.31", it just sounds like John Williams' famous cue 'Scherzo for Motorcycle Orchestra" from Indy 3. Of course, i don't call it as plagiarism instead of that i appreciate Maestro that he wonderfully studied and inspired by that particular piece of music. AWESOME! did anyone notice that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No, I hadn't noticed that but there are indeed sections in "Marche Slave" that could have inspired Williams while writing Scherzo For Motorcycle and Orchestra. Man, could this be the first really useful thing you've posted on this board, Sunil?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    I don't say that Maestro was completely inspired from Tchaikovsky but in the middle of the "Marche Slave", you will find some similarities as in the middle of track Scherzo for Motorcycle and orchestra. In fact, i don't know how to explain briefly but in case, if you have Tchaikovsky's Marche Slave, you most probably notice that.

Have a nice day!