• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The sole purpose of this game is to show you hidden gems. Often an average album can still contain a moment of brilliance, a track that dazzles, a moment that silences you for a second. This game wants to show that there are moments that do it to me every single time. If you wanna play then think at least of these little stats:

25 Tracks: guess the score and the composer + a Bonus track (5 points worth)

Each correct answer is 1 point, so 25 x 2 + bonus of 5 makes for 55 points to earn

All samples are in chronological order and most are fairly recent. Tip (no score before 1980 is featured in the game considering I'm young and most guys here are as well).

Of the 26 scores know this:
    - 5 are so far unreleased (meaning these samples come from promos)
    - Of the remainder of those 21, 1 is downloadable through the composer's website and 1 didn't use the cue in the film.
    - Meaning 19 scores have received an original soundtrack release and these moments are featured on that.

The purpose of this game is not to see who knows his scores, but to enlighten you of brilliant music found in lesser known films or scores. This could be an extremely easy game (apart from several moments) but I want people to go and search for these albums after the game has ended. Because most scores are still purchasable at online websites. And its time you people find out those scores through these little samples.

The Much requested Hints wink

- Sample 1: the man's an acclaimed singer, songwriter and composer who was born in 1946 in Oklahoma. It is one of his few scores
    - Sample 2: this composer is constantly put in the circle when we talk about disrespected film composers. The movie stars a very known actor who also directed a couple of movies (the latest movie he directed was in 1990 starring Bill Cosby)
    - Sample 3: known today for his amazing music on BBC documentaries
    - Sample 4: recently released after all this time by one of the busiest film composers nowadays by a label who released some naughty boys as well
    - Sample 5: composer who's usual style is completely the opposite of this, married recently one of my top 10 hottie actresses
    - Sample 6: this track is so far only found on the promo, yet the theme has been heard on the song soundtrack. From the most loved/hated composer on the planet, it covers a style nobody ever heard of him
    - Sample 7: it sounds heroic but its for a comedy (a farse), and he has scored various films of this legendary actor/director
    - Sample 8: unreleased but the theme once again is heard on the song soundtrack in a slightly different version, I sold my copy recently on Ebay and its scored by the son of ...
    - Sample 9: you hear music that almost resembles the biggest trilogy that recently shooked our very earth.
    - Sample 10: the son of ... wrote the theme and this composer finished the trilogy with it, quack quack quack
    - Sample 11: once called the next John Williams (you know the man who did Star Wars) ;-)
    - Sample 12: son of ... goes John Debney like
    - Sample 13: they made a live version (sequel) to of one of the biggest animated movies ever made, somewhere in a jungle
    - Sample 14: female composer who once won an Oscar
    - Sample 15: for once he didn't score a film for his usual pair of acclaimed directors
    - Sample 16: This was used in the Belgian show "Terug naar Sibërie"
    - Sample 17: the composer everybody talks about recently created this insanely catchy theme for a total flop of Eddie Murphy
    - Sample 18: starring a guy who played the father in both the French and American remake (starring another one of my 10 hottie actresses) and co-starring is the hot actress who married the man (in reality) who raped Rachel of Friends in the movie starring someone who had to protect the last pregnant woman on earth my boy if you get this you're brilliant biggrin
    - Sample 19: this is the downloadable score from the composer's site, however the man is very unknown. Except he once made a new version of a famous logo covering just one letter of a guy with a cape
    - Sample 20: Lucky Luke anyone? or ... its like he transported us twice
    - Sample 21: cheerleaders hmn. He prefered a running Indiana Jones
    - Sample 22: its not a movie score per se, think of acrobats
    - Sample 23: this composer has done this too few. And no its not Newton Howard or Silvestri, its a composer who usually gives us boring music. For once he scored goals with this one
    - Sample 24: Swedish Label gave us this wonderful score
    - Sample 25: wow, a Bond composer?
    - Bonus Sample: this is the sample that was unused in the film: recognize the 2 themes and you know the bonus. Ps Think religious wink

And my final clue, of the 26 titles, 13 are reviewed on my old site
    Now I want higher scores from you, go go go cheesy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jna7am
    http://rapidshare.com/files/102327685/L … s.zip.html

Let the Games Begin smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    Nice set of clips. I only recognized a couple, but all the clips sounded very good. I'll give the game a try one of these days.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008 edited
    woah, lots of good stuff innit mate, albeit too festive tongue I know too few though but what a nice theme for the game, bringing people in contact with unknown gems.

btw, whatever track 8 is, it is REALLY bad! shocked
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008
    I am hitting my head on the wall to remember what 26 is, i have it i am sure!
  2. plindboe wrote
    Nice set of clips. I only recognized a couple, but all the clips sounded very good. I'll give the game a try one of these days.

Peter punk

Really, I thought it would be kinda easy for some? Anyway do your best and I'll see how the points will determine whether it is easy or not

Christodoulides wrote
    woah, lots of good stuff innit mate, albeit too festive tongue I know too few though but what a nice theme for the game, bringing people in contact with unknown gems.

btw, whatever track 8 is, it is REALLY bad! shocked

Thanks for appreciating the idea, 8 is really bad indeed wink but so are several others

Christodoulides wrote
    I am hitting my head on the wall to remember what 26 is, i have it i am sure!

That you must know, you must smile
  3. And we have our first entry smile

Contestants: 1
    1. Christodoulides (2 points)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2008 edited
    Yay, I finally have it (sendspace was very slow) - another very tough one.

Shouldn't we try and avoid using promo stuff that's not easy to find? confused

And oh dear God, I think I might actually know number 8. shocked vomit
  4. Anthony wrote
    Yay, I finally have it (sendspace was very slow) - another very tough one.

Shouldn't we try and avoid using promo stuff that's not easy to find? confused

And oh dear God, I think I might actually know number 8. shocked vomit

peope seem to say its a tough game, but actually the large part of these samples are coming from Hollywood A composers. I just hope you guys will look out for these babies after the answers have been given
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008 edited
    In all honesty, there wasn't anything in there that made me go '' shocked ''. Did I get number 8? confused

Edit: I got number 8. pang
  5. So far this is the score:

Contestants: 4

1. Bregt (15 points) punk
    2. Anthony (6 points)
    3. Southal (4 points)
    4. Christodoulides (2 points)

Guessed the Bonus Sample: Bregt wave

I'm actually somewhat surprised about the difficulty, considering most clips are coming from known Hollywood composers. Anyhoo, if this is gonna continue I will give give clues. I'll wait a couple of days to see if other people find it as difficult as everyone else smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008
    Wow, 14!!! shocked

Some fantastic clips!
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    Wow, 14!!! shocked

Some fantastic clips!

damn you Bregt, I send you that clip 6 months ago because I needed you to hear it, and you have forgotten it again? angry
  7. Just a heads up

Contestants: 5

1. Bregt (15 points)
    2. JuPe (9 points)
    3. Anthony (6 points)
    4. Southal (4 points)
    5. Christodoulides (2 points)

Guessed the Bonus Sample: Bregt, JuPe wave

Tips will be placed soon wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Wow, 14!!! shocked

Some fantastic clips!

damn you Bregt, I send you that clip 6 months ago because I needed you to hear it, and you have forgotten it again? angry

Hmmm, it sounds familiar yes.
    I think I might know a few more, but not this one. sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm still ashamed with myself for getting number 8. I've never heard the score out of the movie. Clearly it's on TV too much at Christmas and I have too much free time. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    and it's crap; don't know what it is, but it's crap!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2008 edited
    I know, I know. cry

Why do I remember it?! dizzy It's bad, but surely it's not that bad? shocked
  8. Anthony wrote
    I'm still ashamed with myself for getting number 8. I've never heard the score out of the movie. Clearly it's on TV too much at Christmas and I have too much free time. shame

you might hate the movie, but not the score wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Everything revolving around that movie is the spawn of satan. Sorry if you disagree, but how is anything in that score redeemable? confused
  9. Anthony wrote
    Everything revolving around that movie is the spawn of satan. Sorry if you disagree, but how is anything in that score redeemable? confused

Well if you're a fan of the composer you could understand that little fact wink , plus I found a movie a bit amusing shame
  10. I'll take a listen when I get home tonight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  11. And another contestant, this time runner up Plindboe smile

Contestants: 6

1. Bregt (15 points)
    2. Plindboe (10 points)
    3. JuPe (9 points)
    4. Anthony (6 points)
    5. Southal (4 points)
    6. Christodoulides (2 points)

Guessed the Bonus Sample: Bregt, JuPe, Plindboe punk
  12. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'll take a listen when I get home tonight.

You do that Alan, tomorrow I'll add hints for every score smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008
    Who's doing the next one? I want to have another go at making an EASY game sometime! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Who's doing the next one? I want to have another go at making an EASY game sometime! slant

I've got an idea for one. I can't remember if there was anyone else in front of me in the queue.

Mine WILL be easy!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Go for it then. I'm not that eager to do another just yet, so for anyone else who's got an idea planned then fire away! smile
  13. Anthony wrote
    Go for it then. I'm not that eager to do another just yet, so for anyone else who's got an idea planned then fire away! smile

Fine by me that Southal does one, I'll do a sequel on my hidden treasures game considering there is so much good out there apparently most people haven't heard yet. wink But that's after Southal, Anthony and who wants to follow that smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2008 edited
    Sounds good to me. So Southall next week and myself the week after and Tommy_Boy again after that. smile
  14. Anthony wrote
    Sounds good to me. So Southall next week and myself the week after and Tommy_Boy again after that. smile

yay, games aplenty, who needs Playstation? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No more 'the winner of the game does the next?'

If Peter wins this game (I' sure he'll jump over me), he should have a chance to do one? Lets wait a little more and see what happens.
    Kazoo