• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007
    The next great one!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2007 edited
    I hope so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A-ha! Definitely!

I said it in SR before and i'm repeating: I honestly CANNOT WAIT for Lost season III to get a release; same goes for TURNING POINT: FALL OF LIBERTY! That video Dan had in his feature quite a while back contained some totally awesome music, i'm SO excited about these 2 i can safely say are my 2 most wanted scores for the time being now; i think of those before everything else, which doesn't even come close in terms of anticipation! ARRGGHHHHHH BRING ME MY MEDICINE! crazy
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Does anyone know if Giacchino could be involved in the Abrams production Cloverfield, or if not, who's composing it, or if it will even HAVE a score?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. IMDB shows Manon Dave as "additional music" and ... get ready for it ... Giacchino's name has been removed from the IMDB page; I find 98% of the time that means the person is no longer scoring the film.

It's also missing from his official website now...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    According to Paramount no composer is hired to score the film yet.
  2. Well, Giacchino has been under some serious delusions with writing it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2007
    RULES!!!!!!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. A question to Erik maybe...

Do you know who do I have to contact for an interview with Giacchino? I tried to mail him twice few years ago (and about 2 years later) to no avail. I presume he wants to get this stuff done through his agents (all my interviews were done through personal e-mail contact with the composers, Yared - no English version available -, Jeff Danna and Jim Dooley). Would you recommend using the website e-mail again, because he could have no time to respond to it, as he apologized at least on the previous version of the site?

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2007
    PawelStroinski wrote
    A question to Erik maybe...

Check your PM.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Very interesting new project for Giacchino (I was expecting either Don Davis or Marianelli to score this one):

Speed Racer: http://imdb.com/title/tt0811080/

Source: GSA Music
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2007
    Hope GSA got it right this time and he's not in fact producing or anything like that.

If true however, this could be very interesting indeed!

Based on the classic 1960's Japanese animated series chronicling the aspirations of a young race car driver as he attempts to obtain glory, with the help of his family and the Mach 5, the advanced car created by his father.
  5. Would love to see what he would do with that one!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007 edited
    Michael Giacchino: Speed Racer
    The Gorfaine-Schwartz Agency confirms that Michael Giacchino (The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Mission: Impossible III) is attached to Speed Racer, the eagerly anticipated new action film by brothers Andy and Larry Wachowski (of The Matrix fame). The film, which is scheduled to premiere on May 9, is based on the 1960's Japanese animated series about a young race car driver and his advanced car, Mach 5. Emile Hirsch, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci and John Goodman stars in the film, which is produced by Warner Bros and Joel Silver's Silver Pictures.

Great News I cant wait.

sd smile

Sorry just noticed the above link about this, anyway I love it!!
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2007
    Giacchino + Action Movie = Win!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Correction:

Giacchino + anything = Clear Win!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Hmm. Interesting.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  6. I guess its fair to say that practically anthing Giacchino touches turns into gold, I find it only sad that some people discovered him through Lost and Alias, because what he wrote for The Medal of Honor series before that is truly some of the best music he's written so far. Okay so no boundaries like in a film or series, but the development and texture is bascially top notch quality.

Anyhoo, Giacchino is clearly one of the best composers when it comes to putting depth in his scores
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    ...some people discovered him through Lost and Alias...

I think that many of us here discovered Michael Giacchino's work through Erik's enthusiasm. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

I think that many of us here discovered Michael Giacchino's work through Erik's enthusiasm. wink

hehe, if that's the case I hope Erik continues smile
  8. Tommy_Boy wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote

hehe, if that's the case I hope Erik continues smile

I think that Erik's enthusiasm for Michael's work is from an infinitely deep source.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I will always continue to endorse and support Michael's music. Not just because he is a good friend but because this man can write music. And I'm talking the great music that we all feel in love with when hearing such greats as Williams, Goldsmith, etc. He is the future and the cure for the Zimmer blues. wink

BTW, I just had a quick chat with Michael about Speed Racer and he is very excited. Starts working on it soon.

-Erik-
  9. I have no problem with the Zimmer blues man smile
    Everyone has his own style, tone, talent and method, Giacchino is a brilliant composer on his own, so is Zimmer, Williams, Silvestri, Newton Howard, ahhhh I guess you know them all eh wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    I will always continue to endorse and support Michael's music. Not just because he is a good friend but because this man can write music. And I'm talking the great music that we all feel in love with when hearing such greats as Williams, Goldsmith, etc. He is the future and the cure for the Zimmer blues. wink

BTW, I just had a quick chat with Michael about Speed Racer and he is very excited. Starts working on it soon.

-Erik-

Couldn't agree more! He's currently my favorite composer and those don't change frequently wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    If there was one score you should name to a guy who wants to understand all this M.G. excitement, which one would it be?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    If there was one score you should name to a guy who wants to understand all this M.G. excitement, which one would it be?

Not just one... but three.

Medal of Honor
    Medal of Honor: Frontline
    Secret Weapons Over Normandy

That should do it!

-Erik-
  10. What about Don?! (Davis, that is.)

To Ralph:
    - Erik will say 'Medal of Honor'
    - Demetris will say everythingandeverythingandeverything from LOST.
    - Timmer will say John Barry's 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service.'
    - Chris Tilton will say 'Mercenaries'.
    - I will say... try Desplat instead! (No, just kidding - I like 'Ratatouille' the best.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    NOT - HELPFUL!!! crazy

But okay, I´ll try to give all of that a really good and focused listen given I find the time. wink

I must say I like LOST, but beside two or three tracks there is nothing that would keep me awake at night. Must give it a better listen, then...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2007
    I'd name two. M:I:III and MEDAL OF HONOR:airborne

But listen carefully and closely wink
  11. I think that when it comes to this generation, Giacchino is the best working composer alongside with Powell. Airborne (and Ratatouille) are heavily recommended, though I was disappointed by M:I-III. Could have been *much* more melodic and a bit less generic, really

Lost is amazing, I really like Alias too, what he does with that techno elements. In fact, I'd perhaps say the only disappointment for me was Mission: Impossible 3, really. Family Stone is not particularly amazing either. Looking forward to his Star Trek score the most.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website