• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008
    Southall wrote
    18: Nobody has guessed this. It's probably the least famous score in this bunch. It's a composer I praise endlessly - nobody else seems to share the love (round here, at least)

I guessed that one!

It's a lovely score, and I especially worship the theme playing in this clip. I only have 6 scores by this composer so far, but I do agree this guy deserves all the praise we can muster.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Wow, clip 6 certainly struck home! dizzy
    I think I just got my filmmusic spark back and I'm glad (and a bit surprised too) that it happened with this one!! As soon as I finish this game I'll get out that disc again.
    cheesy

Great game.
    James, I think you found the right balance between familiar and unfamiliar clips and the ones that can be figured out. There really have to be some easy ones in there to keep people like me motivated, preferably among the first couple of clips.

Southall wrote
    Not many entrants (which also seemed to be the case with Anthony and Tommy_Boy's games) - are people losing interest? Or are people just waiting till nearer the deadline before entering? Or do people think they'll get a low score so aren't bothering? I'd have thought an awful lot of people would be familiar with at least half of the scores in this game.
    goat

For me the last couple of games were too difficult and I think that's why I was losing interest. I was also busy, but I'm sure that if the games were easier, I'd have made some time to figure them out. Also, the games have become rather big, so you really need to sit down to listen to it all, read the clues and then start guessing and searching! I know I spend a lot of time on it when I really go for it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    Southall wrote
    18: Nobody has guessed this. It's probably the least famous score in this bunch. It's a composer I praise endlessly - nobody else seems to share the love (round here, at least)

I guessed that one!

It's a lovely score, and I especially worship the theme playing in this clip. I only have 6 scores by this composer so far, but I do agree this guy deserves all the praise we can muster.

Peter punk

Oops! My apologies.

goat goat
  1. This an excellent game James. I think the numbers go up and down according to people's general level of busyness... I couldn't participate in the game before last, and just missed out on the last, largely because I never found that hour I was after.

And I will be sending you some more guesses. I'm letting those mysterious melodies sit in the back of my head until I stumble on top of them.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008 edited
    You've got lots of clues now on page 1 (if you missed them)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2008 edited
    Some new players join in!

plindboe 37 points smile
    FalkirkBairn 36 points
    franz_conrad 31 points
    Martijn 29 points
    Thor 26 points
    petersv 23 points
    Tommy_Boy 22 points
    Bregje 11 points

goat

<edit> Alan closes the gap at the top to just one point, and Martijn joins the fun...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008 edited
    Update... a change at the top!

franz_conrad 43 points dizzy
    plindboe 37 points smile
    FalkirkBairn 37 points
    Martijn 29 points
    Thor 26 points
    petersv 23 points
    Tommy_Boy 22 points
    Bregje 11 points
  2. Southall wrote
    Update... a change at the top!

franz_conrad 43 points dizzy
    plindboe 37 points smile
    FalkirkBairn 37 points
    Martijn 29 points
    Thor 26 points
    petersv 23 points
    Tommy_Boy 22 points
    Bregje 11 points

Shipping and handling of 2 CDs to Australia is going to be expensive!! Now, on the other hand, second class postage to North Wales? Just pointing this out.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. I suspect Southall's better-half will make a late run, score well, and save him the effort of making any trips to the post box at all. wink
  4. franz_conrad wrote
    I suspect Southall's better-half will make a late run, score well, and save him the effort of making any trips to the post box at all. wink

biggrin
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. In this respect alone I say: LUCKY HER.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    I suspect Southall's better-half will make a late run, score well, and save him the effort of making any trips to the post box at all. wink

biggrin cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Update: a new player has entered! Well done to LadyS who picks up an incredible 51 points, including the surprise bonus point for identifying the composer of Clip 26, which would have appeared if I could have been bothered.
  6. I believe this contravenes the rule which has been upheld by precedent on this board:

" Let the best MAN win."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I take it then you haven't received my invisible e-mail yet, which contained the correct guesses not only for this game, but for every singly game you might conceivably host in the future of not only this reality, but in every multiverse, amassing me an amount of points that is in fact incalculable by current scientific standards?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Perhaps it was redirected by my spam filter?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    Whoah! I hope I will get around to listening to these this weekend but the scores look rather formidable. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2008
    Don't post the answers yet. I'm going to submit soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Me too, wait!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Sent.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah hang on, I'll have a last minute stab.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh meh, once again it's a case of knowing the music but not knowing what it's from or who it's by. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    james did you get my lame guesses from yesterday?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2008 edited
    Some new scores... sorry to those who had to wait a day for my response. BhelPuri shoots straight up to second place... but can anyone catch Franz?

franz_conrad 44 points dizzy beer
    BhelPuri 40 points dizzy
    plindboe 37 points smile
    FalkirkBairn 37 points
    Martijn 34 points
    Thor 26 points
    petersv 23 points
    Tommy_Boy 22 points
    Bregje 11 points
    Bregt 9 points
    Christodoulides 8 points
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    How long will the game run? I'm sure I can score higher now that there are hints.

Peter cow
  7. I think it's time we called an end to this game.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think it's time we called an end to this game.

NO!

I'm going to have a go and send my answer within the hour wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think it's time we called an end to this game.

NO!

I'm going to have a go and send my answer within the hour wink

Sent my answer wink

Don't worry, I won't be bothering the top scorers. biggrin