• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    who is Ron Burbella?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven is going to have puppies and kittens when he hears "Quaritch Down" and "Fight To The Death."

-Erik-

Sweet! I'm only looking for a couple or so extra tracks to include on the official album, so I'm not really that worried that some of the tracks are apparently in mono. Unlike any of the Lord Of The Rings scores, this isn't one I'm prepared to listen to every note of... but I am prepared to try to improve the official album in any way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    All the good stuff is in stereo and great quality, no worries. The new final battle music in Disc 3 is terrific!
  1. Timmer wrote
    who is Ron Burbella?

The Ultimate Soundtrack Collector

And a gentleman too, as it turns out...
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ahhhhh yes! I do remember the name now and he posts at FSM.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote
    who is Ron Burbella?

The Ultimate Soundtrack Collector

And a gentleman too, as it turns out...

For leaking it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. DemonStar wrote
    All the good stuff is in stereo and great quality, no worries. The new final battle music in Disc 3 is terrific!

ow man, this is going to be soooooo good smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. New, very unexpected project for Horner:
    The Karate Kid
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … id-remake/
    • CommentAuthorLars
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010
    and very uncommon for his music style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    I think this is great news! After the disappointing replacement for Clash of the Titans... we now see another replacement... but in a good way. I look forward to this score! smile
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010 edited
    I presume it's a remake?

sorry, I should have read the link first shame rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    Its a totally unnessary remake as the first movie is still very nice. Its a classic actually. Good acting... nice slow approach and such. Coming of age.

Regarding the remake; I like that Horner will score it, that's the only good thing about it I guess.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I guess you can never have enough shakuhachi flute music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    At least now there's something that interests me in this Karate Kid movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Has anyone seen the trailer to this movie? If so, tell me why this is being called The Karate Kid when Jackie Chan is actually teaching the kid Kung Fu?!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony … karatekid/

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I guess they count on the nostalgia factor with the title: they hope they can reach those who liked the Karade Kid movies with the same title.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I no have interest in this new film whatsoever! The first two original films are classics in my mind!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Scorefanatic wrote
    New, very unexpected project for Horner:
    The Karate Kid
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … id-remake/

wow, very odd choice indeed
    but at least this means the score is going to be interesting now
    I hope Horner brings tribute to Conti's theme, as the film tries to do with the old one
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    I have interest in this new film whatsoever! The first two original films are classics in my mind!

-Erik-

I'm sure you mean that you have NO interest in this movie?
    I agree with you mean, Jackie Chan can never replace Pat Morita, and it's sad he's just chosen for his kung fu moves
  6. I have zero interest in the movie.

What an odd choice for the film's score (though more odd would have been Craig Safan, but also -- way more interesting a choice!).

I'd be worried if I were Horner; you've just come onboard a remake film where a composer from the RC camp has been canned. It's supposed to go the other way, you get canned, then RC comes in.

Now, the real question is: do we get today's Horner, or the '80's Horner?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    We'll get today's Horner because it's 2010. Not the 80s.
  7. Creativity wise, you smeghead.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I still stand by my original comment. Prick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What a strange assignment!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I guess you can never have enough shakuhachi flute music.

freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Steven wrote
    I still stand by my original comment. Prick.

Steven's sig reads
    "I'm not in a feel good mood , so don't touch my balls very much today." - Jordi

This combination seems to put a smile on my face. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, i second that sentiment as well my friend! :brrrrrr:
  8. I know this is really random, but I just had to make a general comment about my love for this man. I have listened to maybe 20-25 scores from Horner and I've yet to hear one that I didn't like. Aside from Thomas Newman, he is my favorite film score composer. There isn't anyone working today who can stir my emotions (positive and negative) as well as this man can. I know he has a tendency to recycle cues in his work, but to be perfectly blunt, it doesn't really bother me that much. Actually, it's kinda fun pinpointing what melodies he uses...

A Beautiful Mind, Bicentennial Man, Sneakers = Genius theme
    House of Sand and Fog, A Beautiful Mind, All the King's Men, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas = SuperTragic Death theme
    Avatar, The Perfect Storm, Troy = 4-note danger motif...

The only time I was a bit irked by his recycling is in Troy, but I forgive him for that because he only had 2 weeks to write music for that movie...

I was heartbroken that he lost the Academy Award for Avatar. I loved the movie Up, but besides that one cue that everyone knows what I'm talking about, I didn't think the score was that great. Avatar was the best film of 2009, and its score matches it perfectly, and only reaffirmed my love of his music as a whole. If I had to pick a favorite Horner score, it would be a tie between Avatar and A Beautiful Mind.

Here's hoping his next project is as fun as everything else he's done!
  9. Oh and one more thing, I always felt that the official release of Avatar's soundtrack was incomplete...which made me just about ecstatic when I found the complete score online. Talk about a labor of love...