• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    Thor wrote
    Oh yeah, remember the Golden Times of Yesteryear? How everything was so much better then? Everybody held hands and sang "Kumbayah My Lord" around the camp fire? Naked ladies danced around in the street? Everyone opened the door for the next man? Everything that came out of Hollywood was Top Quality stuff? Aaaaaah, those were the days....

Perhaps you missed my post in which I wasn't saying things were either better or worse... just different.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Different = BAD!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Absolutely! biggrin

Excellent points in your post, James.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote
    Oh yeah, remember the Golden Times of Yesteryear? How everything was so much better then? Everybody held hands and sang "Kumbayah My Lord" around the camp fire? Naked ladies danced around in the street? Everyone opened the door for the next man? Everything that came out of Hollywood was Top Quality stuff? Aaaaaah, those were the days....

Perhaps you missed my post in which I wasn't saying things were either better or worse... just different.

And I wasn't reacting so much to your post, specifically, more to the seemingly "general consensus" that it was so. I react every time there is this lamenting for yesteryear (whether it's caused by nostalgia or not).
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Well, didn't know some episodes of "American Dad" were up on IMDB already. Anyway, two McNeely scored episodes are up:

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi621478681

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi4165337881
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2009
    Joel McNeely recently completed his score to the upcoming DisneyToons Studios animated feature sequel, Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure. Recording took place with an 82-piece orchestra at Sony, and ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the session!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2009
    Great stuff as always, Dan! beer

Sadly Disney Records means chances of a score release must be slim... sad but would be nice to hear it in the film anyway!
  2. dgoldwas wrote
    Joel McNeely recently completed his score to the upcoming DisneyToons Studios animated feature sequel, Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure. Recording took place with an 82-piece orchestra at Sony, and ScoringSessions.com is pleased to bring our readers the exclusive photos from the session!

Enjoy!

oh my god, why does Joel keep doing these things? They will be fun and exciting, but put this man on projects that actually somebody gives a damn about
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    dgoldwas wrote

Enjoy!

oh my god, why does Joel keep doing these things? They will be fun and exciting, but put this man on projects that actually somebody gives a damn about

These belongs to HGW; and Tyler Bates; and Djawadi.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    ....and Desplat. Oops, I just said it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Complain about the dominance of evil in our world, Marselus, not the rare wellspring of good. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Complain about the dominance of evil in our world, Marselus, not the rare wellspring of good. wink

beer
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    dgoldwas wrote

Enjoy!

These belongs to HGW; and Tyler Bates; and Djawadi.

whoever, just not one of the greatest remaining orchestral voices of the good old days
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2009
    Saw the soundtrack of the new Tinkerbell movie at the Disney Records website, to be released tomorrow. Not a single score track on there this time. sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    angry sad
  5. DemonStar wrote
    Saw the soundtrack of the new Tinkerbell movie at the Disney Records website, to be released tomorrow. Not a single score track on there this time. sad

and you're surprised by that?
    Not even does McNeely has to score this, but he doesn't get the chance to even get soundtrack releases

Ps, wasn't Disney going to stop with CD's?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Not even does McNeely has to score this, but he doesn't get the chance to even get soundtrack releases

Unfounded internet rumour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

I don't believe you. There aren't such things.
  6. Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I beleive it was Chirs Tilton (works for Giacchino) possibly at the MMUK board, or Giacchino asked via e-mail, who said -- as I recall -- there would be no more score CDs/soundtrack CDs. I don't recall the exact details anymore. Could be Tinkerbell was planned in advance of that -- it certainly recorded before then.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote

I beleive it was Chirs Tilton (works for Giacchino) possibly at the MMUK board, or Giacchino asked via e-mail, who said -- as I recall -- there would be no more score CDs/soundtrack CDs. I don't recall the exact details anymore. Could be Tinkerbell was planned in advance of that -- it certainly recorded before then.

Somebody (not Tilton) said that he knew someone who knew Giacchino who had said they wouldn't do any more CDs. After Up was download-only, it was taken to be true. Maybe they only meant score CDs - or maybe they were just wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wow. People actually believe this crap?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Not surprised, but I think even a download-only score suite would probably be better than nothing here. Unfortunately the guys with the Mickey Mouse hats didn't think so. tongue

PS~ I think I had mentioned this before, one of the Disney execs told a customer they don't want to release score-only soundtracks, but will release song containing ones like the upcoming Princess And The Frog on CD too.

For the first time in my life I'm wishing Alice In Wonderland has a couple of Miley Cyrus songs, for the sake of Elfman's score getting a CD release too...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2009
    Southall wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Somebody (not Tilton) said that he knew someone who knew Giacchino who had said they wouldn't do any more CDs. After Up was download-only, it was taken to be true. Maybe they only meant score CDs - or maybe they were just wrong.

That is incorrect. That someone is me, and this came from Michael Giacchino's mouth - I heard and saw his very lips say it in person. From Up onwards, Disney are not going to invest in printed CDs. Score releases will continue (as well as song albums as well), but only as digital downloads.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I stand corrected - but still think we will see score CDs on the Walt Disney Records label before too long. It seems to make no commercial sense to do anything else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Amen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Yeah, face it Mike, Up just wasn't good enough to deserve one.

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009
    A soundtrack for the new Tinker Bell is on Amazon US as we speak and as expected (or perhaps unexpected) we're getting nothing by McNeely at all this time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2009 edited
    That's what I posted back there. sad

Thank you Disney for ruining yet another potentially good score.
  7. all hail disney
    the land of mickey mouse and crappy soundtrack producers sad