• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Just came back from a press screening of TRANSFORMERS 3. My God, what a mess! shocked

A HOT mess?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thor wrote
    Just came back from a press screening of TRANSFORMERS 3. My God, what a mess! shocked

And what about the music?
  1. lp wrote
    Thor wrote

And what about the music?

And in English please. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I really like Jablonsky's score to the first film, less so the one from the second and to be honest - I could hardly make it out in the noise of the third one. The powerful minor-mode theme is great, but it's really full of INCEPTION riffs and JASON BOURNE riffs too. The choral writing is fine -- especially [spoiler] in the doomsday sequence as the Decepticons level Chicago.[/spoiler]

But the film is made by someone out of control. Seems like Bay has just thrown a bunch of random elements into the mix, without any thought to dramaturgical unity. It seems written on a cocaine high! I kid you not. It's horrible.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011 edited
    What did you expect Thor smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    What did you expect Thor smile

A return to the first film, perhaps (in terms of quality), but alas...
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Transformers films don't need to be good, they just need to avoid being bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Score-wise, i like the slower, dramatic parts more than the first score. But both of them are kick ass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    New interview with Steve Jablonsky at ON THE SCORE

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=8108
  2. Anthony wrote

Well they haven't managed to do that yet. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011 edited
    Reviews are in, and they aren´t good. But since it was filmed in 3D, not converted (the interesting parts, at least), I´m sincerely thinking about going. I plan to ignore the expository first hour and just enjoy the rampage of the second half on screen. The action must look spectacular in 3D, IF Bay was able to tone down on the fast cuts. I heard he did.

Have you seen it in 3D, Thor? What was your impression regarding to that?

The score, however, is a must-buy for me, regardless of any (missing) qualities of the film. I need to expand my Jablonsky library for my RPG sessions. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Must buy before you even listen to it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Reviews are in, and they aren´t good. But since it was filmed in 3D, not converted (the interesting parts, at least), I´m sincerely thinking about going. I plan to ignore the expository first hour and just enjoy the rampage of the second half on screen. The action must look spectacular in 3D, IF Bay was able to tone down on the fast cuts. I heard he did.

Have you seen it in 3D, Thor? What was your impression regarding to that?

Yes, I saw it in 3D. It had some pretty impressive sequences, esp. when the paratroopers hop off an airplane and glide along through the cityscape. The 3D effect is great in such cases, with lots of geometrical shapes to run througuh.

But overall, it's sad that such wonderful visual effects are wasted on the total absence of a unifying script and just random plot point that annoy more than they please.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Must buy before you even listen to it?

It´s Transformers, it´s Jablonsky, and I´m easy to please. So what are the chances I´m going to be disappointed? Of course I will listen to clips and stuff beforehand, but unless there´s a total blackout in them, I don´t see myself not buying the score. Beside that, I really am currently using his TF stuff in my RPG campaign, so having some additional tracks to put into the playlists is good. I´m also using his Nightmare on Elm Street score. It´s great for the exploration of haunted halls.

Thor wrote
    Yes, I saw it in 3D. It had some pretty impressive sequences, esp. when the paratroopers hop off an airplane and glide along through the cityscape. The 3D effect is great in such cases, with lots of geometrical shapes to run througuh.

But overall, it's sad that such wonderful visual effects are wasted on the total absence of a unifying script and just random plot point that annoy more than they please.

Understood. I´ll leave my brain at home then. Thanks for the info.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

They need to avoid being made.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
    Oh my God, someone made the mistake and released the composer's draft synth mock ups instead of the actual score on CD.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh my God, someone made the mistake and released the composer's draft synth mock ups instead of the actual score on CD.

lol first laugh out loud moment today biggrin applause
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Review of the score Transformers 3

- Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Review of the score Transformers 3

I'm really bothered by the title, what the heck is Dark of the Moon?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Its "Dark Side Of The Moon" shortened in an attempt to somehow be cool or something similar.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Genius.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Wouldn't want the kids confusing it with Pink Floyd now would we? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Genius.

'Pinnacle of' even! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2011 edited
    Actually, it's not the first time this abbreviation was used, going way back to 1947:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_of_the_Moon

So much for 'hip' and 'modern'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Wouldn't want the kids confusing it with Pink Floyd now would we? wink

Fuck i never thought about this goddamn it god help us
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    BobdH wrote
    Actually, it's not the first time this abbreviation was used, going way back to 1947:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_of_the_Moon

So much for 'hip' and 'modern'.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    It's still stupid. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2011
    Earlier this spring, composer Steve Jablonsky recorded his score for the hit Michael Bay film, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. We're going through the archive, and just posted a web gallery of pix from the scoring sessions!

http://www.scoringsessions.com

Enjoy!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it