• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008 edited
    Have a nice break! Sounds good! smile
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2008
    Talos wrote
    Any luck with the driver install, Chris...?

Do you call yourself Chris, D, or is it D? It's never actually occured to me that you might not be called "D" in real life! shocked smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He'll always be D. to us. angelic
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    kiss kiss
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    I did something to my keyboard that changes the shift function. I can´t find a quêstion mark anymore. It´s = now. Help!

=:;`±|=:;`±|^~???? Hey! ?????////

It´s all in the wrong places, how can I change it back?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Go to Control Panel and Accessories and check to make sure Sticky, Filter and Toggle keys are turned off. You probably hit the shift key 5 times (or something similar) and it activated one of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Probably your keyboard layout shifted somehow.
    I was typing out really long and convoluted instructions when I considered someone would probably have already put that on the web somewhere.

And hey presto!

(If that doesn't solve it, write back in this thread and I'll look some further).

wave
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    make sure Sticky, Filter and Toggle keys are turned off.

Good one!
    that may well be it too.

Instructions with screen shots here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Anthony wrote
    You probably hit the shift key 5 times (or something similar) .

Of course! Quinn was using my laptop yesterday to type something for school, something must have happened then! Haha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    In MSN and Word everything works fine==

It´s just different here!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What browser are you using?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009 edited
    Have the drivers for your keyboard been changed somehow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Bregje wrote
    In MSN and Word everything works fine==

It´s just different here!

That's because every program can have its own keyboard layout associated to it.

Instructions for Vista:
    Open Regional & Language options (not the 'keyboard' settings) in the configuraiton panel. The 'Keyboards and Input Languages' tab should have a button that shows you installed keyboard layouts. Remove all from the list that do not match your keyboard layout.

Once the other keyboard layouts are removed, all programs should switch back to the default one.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009
    Thank you all for your help. I tried something yesterday, but I don't remember what.
    It didn't help then, but it's fixed now.
    See? <--

smile
  1. For some time now I've been using Sygate's Personal Firewall instead of Windows Firewall as my system's firewall. But recently it seems to be playing up and it seems to have been responsible for stopping my connection working (a series of tests with this installed and uninstalled mirrored my ability to connect to sites).

So for the time being I have uninstalled this and switched on Windows Firewall. I know that this isn't ideal as I quite like a firewall to monitor what my PC's outward traffic as well as incoming.

Does anyone have any experience and recommendations of a 3rd party free firewall that I could use? Preferably one that has only limited conflicts with general PC useage. I'm running Windows XP SP3.

BTW, keep it simple!! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009
    ZONE ALARM. Best firewall ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    http://filehippo.com/download_zonealarm_free/

2. No harm in giving it a go. Thanks!

I did consider Zone Alarm but I had a feeling that it raised a few conflicts.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I used to use Zone Alarm, but it didn't work properly when I tried to install the new norton antivirus.

Quite frankly, it was norton that went off my hard drive. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    YOU TRIED TO INSTALL NORTON!?!?!? MAN, THAT'S THE WORST VIRUS ITSELF!
  3. I've now installed Zone Alarm and I'll see how it goes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    YOU TRIED TO INSTALL NORTON!?!?!? MAN, THAT'S THE WORST VIRUS ITSELF!

FACT!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Honestly, i could never understand how that software wasn't deemed illegal already, save for people actually paying for it. That's a crime, srsly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Agree angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. I used to have Norton - not the whole suite just the anti-virus software - and it was so resource hungry. Slowed down my PC significantly. And when I decided to get rid of it...
    crazy
    It took ages to get rid of the remnants of that programme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Imagined if you had the full suite.

Listen, best antivirus:

eset nod 32

best firewall:

zone alarm

as simple as that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009 edited
    I don't use anti-virus. Last time I had a problem was when I was still using IE, back in 2002 or so.
    Kazoo
  5. Bregt wrote
    I don't use anti-virus.

omg

How you are still able to do anything on your PC is beyond me...

Then again sometimes I take a shot against the flu and the virus still finds a way into my body. So go figure!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    No, Bregt is right. If you have experience of what you're doing, you don't need one. I know many people who don't have such things too and have no problems. I used to not have an antivirus either until i started doing audio mixings at home and clients brought their portable usb flash memory sticks with them, packed with everykind of virus you can imagine. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2009
    I actually only have the free thingie - AVG Anti-virus, and turned off the Windows Firewall (at least I THINK I have turned it off...I'm a computer noob!). Has worked wonderfully so far.
    I am extremely serious.