• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. We're back, for another round of hidden treasures. The sole purpose of this game is to show you another selection of hidden gems. Often an average album can still contain a moment of brilliance, a track that dazzles, a moment that silences you for a second. This game wants to show that there are moments that do it to me every single time. If you wanna play then think at least of these little stats:

20 Tracks: guess the score and the composer + a Bonus track (5 points worth)
    Each correct answer is 1 point, so 20 x 2 + bonus of 5 makes for 45 points to earn
    All samples are in chronological order and most are fairly recent. Tip (no score before 1980 is featured in the game considering I'm young and most guys here are as well).

Of the 20 scores know this:
    - All 20 cues have received an original soundtrack release, only the bonus is so far unreleased

The purpose of this game is not to see who knows his scores, but to enlighten you of brilliant music found in lesser known films or scores. This could be an extremely easy game (apart from several moments) but I want people to go and search for these albums after the game has ended. Because most scores are still purchasable at online websites. And its time you people find out those scores through these little samples.

http://rapidshare.com/files/124249919/H … 3.zip.html
    http://download.yousendit.com/ED9F47CE0DB05FE4

The Much requested Hints

- Sample 1: The first 2 scores captured a scary devil sound, for the first time this legendary composer gave it magical wings on the 3rd
    - Sample 2: The biggest director and the biggest composer gave the Television series a chance, and their pilot episode gave us this awesome feast
    - Sample 3: Try imagining a passing plane low over the ground, a boy watching it with awe, and this music supporting it
    - Sample 4: It is no film score, yet its from a film composer who performed the flute on a composer's only Oscar win, while having a closing choral track on that same composer's masterpiece a couple of years ago
    - Sample 5: Celebrated as one of France's finest musical scores, the score shows remarkable John Barry passion and is directed by Philippe Monnier
    - Sample 6: What if your school was taken over by terrorists? You would wanna hear this heroic tune over the speakers when you kick those terrorists asses
    - Sample 7: He's back, the composer I always promote to the death in my games. Back to lead Mackenzie Astin to the finish line altered tip
    - Sample 8: This is the composer's finest orchestral score, for a Television series that received one large movie, I wonder if the pink one is still so cute?
    - Sample 9: Talk about a heavy load strapped to a parachute, but the composer gave it his best shot
    - Sample 10: Speaking of animals, here's your best underwated friend. And one of the many series starred one of today's hottest SIN chicks altered tip
    - Sample 11: I guess we stay in the animal category, only this one people refuse to acknowledge it ever existed
    - Sample 12: Captain Sparrow's reply would be: Who are you weird green frog thing?
    - Sample 13: The Belgian label released this one with pride, and this bullet time composer didn't disappoint
    - Sample 14: Talk about a main theme entrance, the cats were already scared before they were attacked, video game that received a failed movie version altered tip
    - Sample 15: Celebrated Tv movie captures this composer finest hour, it starred 4400's star among others
    - Sample 16: One of this country's most Western projects ever, the effects are downright brilliant and it shows a plane transforming into a ...
    - Sample 17: Maurice Jarre wasn't the only one who made the music for the famous tale, this minimalist composer did it to the DUCHESS herself altered tip
    - Sample 18: Dance, Dance I say and invite the rich to get your revenge, the guy who acted in Neighbours ought to be scared by now altered tip
    - Sample 19: If you're talking about a PRESTIGIOUS work, this composer gave the sunlight a new meaning altered tip
    - Sample 20: Nobody will guess this one without a clear hint: so here goes: The first word is The, the second name is voleur in French and the third is one of the 4 words in the title of one of the largest trilogies ever made
    - Bonus Sample: heard on the composer's compilation and uncredited in the movie (1990), this composer made sure there's something new under the ground, composer already appears in this game altered tip

Let the Games Begin smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    I'll have a go later Tommy, I only have until Tuesday to play so I doubt I'll get many guesses in.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    I'll have a go later Tommy, I only have until Tuesday to play so I doubt I'll get many guesses in.

No problem man, you got some time I guess

For now, here are the first scores

Contestants playing: 2

1. Ralph Kruhm & Christodoulides: 10 points : punk

Guessed the Bonus: so far no one crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008 edited
    Will give it a shot in a couple of days although I won't get much time for it thanks to an upcoming conference in Florida (worst place to be in the summer).

Rapidshare's captcha has gotten ridiculous over time. It took me 4 tries to get it to work. Couple of the letters were only partially visible. Did they want us to enter all or only the visible ones.
    Thomas, you should try to use yousendit from next time. It's much easier to download.

While on the rapidshare topic... http://i32.tinypic.com/2upqp6s.jpg wink
  3. BhelPuri wrote
    Will give it a shot in a couple of days although I won't get much time for it thanks to an upcoming conference in Florida (worst place to be in the summer).

Rapidshare's captcha has gotten ridiculous over time. It took me 4 tries to get it to work. Couple of the letters were only partially visible. Did they want us to enter all or only the visible ones.
    Thomas, you should try to use yousendit from next time. It's much easier to download.

While on the rapidshare topic... http://i32.tinypic.com/2upqp6s.jpg wink

if people have problems as well, I'll upload it again with yousendit
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008
    After getting the code wrong several times I still couldn't download. It says:

"The download cannot be provided. Please check, if your browser supports Javascript."

How does one check that? I've never had any problems downloading from any sites before.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008
    plindboe wrote
    After getting the code wrong several times I still couldn't download. It says:

"The download cannot be provided. Please check, if your browser supports Javascript."

How does one check that? I've never had any problems downloading from any sites before.

Peter slant

Same problem with me! I tried yesterday night and again in the morning but it won't work! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Turns out that it's happy hour now at Rapidshare so it let me download directly.
    Here's the Yousendit link for those who have trouble with Rapidshare-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thanks a lot for that, BP!! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    punk BhelPuri punk

*also currently headbanging to cue 1, from one of my all time favourite scores.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Very, VERY nice collection of cues, Tommy! Even if I don't recognise most, this is a great way to discover new scores! punk
  4. BhelPuri wrote
    Turns out that it's happy hour now at Rapidshare so it let me download directly.
    Here's the Yousendit link for those who have trouble with Rapidshare-

Thanks BhelPuri, you spared me the time and effort to reupload it again, I hope everyone can download it now
  5. DemonStar wrote
    Very, VERY nice collection of cues, Tommy! Even if I don't recognise most, this is a great way to discover new scores! punk

That's why we host these games Demonstar wink
  6. 5 new contestants, and all have something to be proud of, great job dudes
    And congrats to Alan and Jupe, you guessed the bonus, if they can do it, surely you can too
    For now Jupe rules everyone else

Contestants playing: 7

1. Jupe: 31 points punk
    2. Plindboe: 22 points wave
    3. Zirael: 20 points cheesy
    4. FalkirkBairn: 15 points smile
    5. Ranietz: 13 points smile
    6. Ralph Kruhm & Christodoulides: 10 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: FalkirkBairn & Jupe punk
    Now, where are those who think they know their music?
  7. Post-1980 is not my best era!! Though I may have identified the bonus. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Post-1980 is not my best era!! Though I may have identified the bonus. wink

You sure did Alan! wink

Jupe and Alan, both of you! Did the hint do it for you? Or was the music familiar?
  9. A bit of both. But it was the year that I focused on rather than the rest of the clue - though I can see how the clue fits! I did recognise some the synthy effects and just checked all my 1990 scores.

BTW, check you PM, Tommy_Boy. wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I play when my playground has ended, which is Wednesday.
    Kazoo
  10. I'm not sure I understand the clue for sample 4:

"...It is no film score, yet its from a film composer who performed the flute on the composer's only Oscar win, while having a closing choral track on that same composer's masterpiece a couple of years ago..."

A film composer who played flute on his own Oscar success...and this same composer has had a more recent score that has a finale choral track?
  11. No, no, no

The composer WAS playing the flute on a certain composer's only Oscar win and had a closing track... Now it's quite obvious smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  12. PawelStroinski wrote
    No, no, no

The composer WAS playing the flute on a certain composer's only Oscar win and had a closing track... Now it's quite obvious smile

Funny, when I was writing out this question I had an idea of who the composer in question was. I think that I've worked out the details!
  13. PawelStroinski wrote
    No, no, no

it is like Pawel so clearly pointed out here, he played flute on "a" composer's oscar winning score
  14. Heads up, Alan takes second place and threatens the first place of Jupe, but who will do it as well?

Contestants playing: 7

1. Jupe: 31 points
    2. FalkirkBairn: 25 points punk
    3. Plindboe: 22 points
    4. Zirael: 20 points
    5. Ranietz: 13 points
    6. Ralph Kruhm & Christodoulides: 10 points

Guessed the Bonus: FalkirkBairn & Jupe punk
    Now, where are those who think they know their music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008
    These games are the perfect venue to get to know new stuff each time and really, the amount of new scores / composers i've came in contact with 'cause of someone else's games is VAST! I can't begin telling you how fun and enjoyable these games in, and especially when i discover new mind-blowing stuff i wasn't previously aware of. So thanks everyone for building the games, keep 'em coming 24/24! wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  15. Oh man, I think I finally may have a chance with this game. The clips are cool, this game is uber-cool, Tommy is .... a little forgiving with his hints. Thank the gods for them.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    I won't be playing!

Great clips Tommy, I think I've got about 25 points but I can't continue as I won't be here for a week.

Clip # 1 is above and beyond my favourite of all of them though I dare not say any more, I'll be disappointed if even one ( 1 ) person get's it wrong!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  16. Timmer wrote
    I won't be playing!

Great clips Tommy, I think I've got about 25 points but I can't continue as I won't be here for a week.

Clip # 1 is above and beyond my favourite of all of them though I dare not say any more, I'll be disappointed if even one ( 1 ) person get's it wrong!

so far I think everyone who played got the first clip right, so alas they know their classics wink
  17. welcome to our 8th member, he sent me his guesses on his birthday and he even had time to blow out the candles, great start DreamCatcher

Contestants playing: 8

1. Jupe: 31 points punk
    2. FalkirkBairn: 25 points wave
    3. DreamCatcher: 24 points cool
    4. Plindboe: 22 points
    5. Zirael: 20 points
    6. Ranietz: 13 points
    7. Ralph Kruhm & Christodoulides: 10 points shame

Guessed the Bonus: FalkirkBairn & Jupe beer
    Now, who does feel lucky? You PUNK???
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008
    I don't know clip one. rolleyes slant
    Kazoo
  18. Tommy_Boy wrote
    welcome to our 8th member, he sent me his guesses on his birthday and he even had time to blow out the candles, great start DreamCatcher

Dude you gotta learn my name once and for all. The band already sent me hate-mails because of the first time you did this crazy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.