• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. On some sites, if you accidently press a button and go away from hte page, you can hit the back button and all the stuff you were typing is still there. Not this one.

I just spent over half-and-hour typing something and accidently pressed a wrong button, taking me away. I pressed the back button and the text was GONE, F**KING GONE.

MovieMusicUK.us has this. I just tested it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008
    Write your really LONG posts in Word or Notepad so you can save as you go, then copy and paste your final post over here. I know that 's a bit inconvenient but it will guarantee that you won't loose your work.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Hmmm, I've no idea how that is done. Gonna look that up. But in the mean time, I suggest Erik's solution. Also, never press anything wrong, you know Earth can be destroyed that way.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    I just spent over half-and-hour typing something and accidently pressed a wrong button...

If it were another one of those show-stopping jokes, then I call it destiny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    LSH wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    I just spent over half-and-hour typing something and accidently pressed a wrong button...

If it were another one of those show-stopping jokes, then I call it destiny.

LOL lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Bregt wrote
    Also, never press anything wrong, you know Earth can be destroyed that way.

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    On some sites, if you accidently press a button and go away from hte page, you can hit the back button and all the stuff you were typing is still there. Not this one.

I also wish we had this feature...

justin boggan wrote
    I just spent over half-and-hour typing something and accidently pressed a wrong button, taking me away. I pressed the back button and the text was GONE, F**KING GONE.

Wow, that really stinks for you. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2009
    I would like to see Maintitles optimised for mobile devices.

What do you think, Bregt?
    Nice little project for next week?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Only for iPhones since that defines our claims of being a cool place. All the rest is rather ... uncool.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    iPhones?
    Has an unexpected timewarp thrown me back to bellbottoms, peace-ins and theropods?
    Is anyone actually still using iPhones?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    what is an iPhone? Is that a me me me thing?
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote
    a me me me thing?

biggrin

Yeah, and as such went out with the eighties, Bregt!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I still use my iPhone. It was precisely the right height to place under my table leg so it doesn't rock about any more.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    On some sites, if you accidently press a button and go away from hte page, you can hit the back button and all the stuff you were typing is still there. Not this one.

MovieMusicUK.us has this. I just tested it.

It's not the site, it's your browser. I used to use Opera and that did it, now I'm back to Firefox I use notepad. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    So iPhone actually sucks? Srsly; 'cause i was considering getting one once prices go down to logical levels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    So iPhone actually sucks? Srsly; 'cause i was considering getting one once prices go down to logical levels.

I wouldn't say they suck, but I would take serious thought as to whether it's worth buying one even when the prices goes down. It's a gadget with lots of cool gadgety apps on it which are fun at first... but the novelty soon where's off I'm sure and will probably become an annoying brick-like object you have to lug around all day.

I wouldn't want one, but I do think they're pretty cool. (In terms of technology, not fashion. I don't 'do' fashion.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So, what's wrong with them? their size?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wellllll, they're not that chunky. For the technology you get, it's actually very small. But I still wouldn't want to carry something that 'big' around all the time. Plus I like to use actual buttons when texting, I'd get annoyed with the touch screen.

I do like iPhones, I would just never use it to its full potential so it wouldn't be worth it. That's the question you have to ask yourself, will you actually use all those apps after the novelty has worn off?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009 edited
    The new version of the Vanilla forum Vanilla 2 is now in Beta and it looks really good, with lots of ideas from Facebook. Maintitles currently uses Vanilla 1. There's now a PM system included (I wrote the one we are using now), there's also a Wall on your profile, a section with updates of everyone on the forum, you can save drafts of your threads and posts (I've no idea yet if there's an auto save), topics that can feature as an announcement which you can hide later, and what is interesting is that you can reply to a post in a way that you don't have to quote something, but that it becomes a sub-discussion of that post, like when someone comments on a status in Facebook for example.

Also good is that I will be able to use our current posts and convert them to the new forum system. There's no date yet when it will be released, but I think it would be wise to change
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2009
    Bregt wrote
    ...what is interesting is that you can reply to a post in a way that you don't have to quote something, but that it becomes a sub-discussion of that post, like when someone comments on a status in Facebook for example.

The question is will Tom use it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    what is interesting is that you can reply to a post in a way that you don't have to quote something, but that it becomes a sub-discussion of that post, like when someone comments on a status in Facebook for example.

That's one of the features I hate, because it completely disrupts the reading flow.
    I realize going off-topic causes similar discrepancies in continuity as well, but at least physically a thread remains the same, and allows for one smooth reading experience.

Opening, and keeping track of, potentially hundreds of subthreads and sub-subjects in one thread is abhorrent to me: it would be comparable to having just one big thread (comp. the forum) and a whole web of sub-sub-sub- (ad infinitum, potentially) sub-threads (comp. every single thread on this forum).

I'm NOT in favour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok. But it still would be interesting to experience it for a while.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, to be clear: I do like the rest of the proposed features.
    But this one...not so much. slant

I can see an issue arising already in that I tend to quote not one, but multiple posts to make or address an overall point: I don't see how that could translate to a threaded format!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes. You are right.

But, the thing itself is interesting, as I have not experienced/seen it in a forum.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am pro! Let's go for it!
  2. MainTitles, a site where now everything is possible

fireworksfireworksfireworksfireworksfireworks
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. I remember at scorereviews there was the opportunity to add comments to the bottom of score reviews. I quite liked this as it gathered peoples' opinions together with the "official" review - and (in hindsight) kept the actual forum a little less cluttered.

Is there any plans to add this feature here?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    MainTitles, a site where now everything is possible

fireworksfireworksfireworksfireworksfireworks

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I remember at scorereviews there was the opportunity to add comments to the bottom of score reviews. I quite liked this as it gathered peoples' opinions together with the "official" review - and (in hindsight) kept the actual forum a little less cluttered.

Is there any plans to add this feature here?

That was indeed a very neat feature. If it returns, i can safely bash Thomas' 3-star reviews for Tyler Bates' crap!