• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009
    That bad Tom?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've never seen it Tim but one can only imagine.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    So bad it's good!?? ....maybe?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I might be done with my review of the music tonight which is pretty good. I've always enjoyed listening to Lalo material. But this film I don't think so.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The Schifrin review is up and I finally found someone who saw the film. Their comment was boring. I'm not surprised.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
    BULLIT
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The question is how many have both
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Both what?

I love Bullit. It's a great seventies' flick (pretty hard to go wrong with McQueen!).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Do you have (Schifrin's own) Aleph Records' rerecording of the score, Tom?
    If so, how does it compare to FSM's release?

I find the Aleph version extremely pleasant. It's one of my favourite CDs.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Should I get it? I love the theme, but is the rest okay?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    At the risk of attracting watermelon comments, I'll say that I'm very happy with the wonderful original album. For someone who didn't have that, I'd recommend it very, very highly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Should I get it? I love the theme, but is the rest okay?

Well if your connection with a score is just that, then an official release holds perhaps more than what you already need. Generally talking, that's the way i see such things smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    At the risk of attracting watermelon comments, I'll say that I'm very happy with the wonderful original album. For someone who didn't have that, I'd recommend it very, very highly.

Amazingly, I don't have a soundtrack of BULLIT, although it's been on my want list for a long time. If I'm going to get it one day, it will NOT be the FSM release, though. I'd probably go for a cheaper version with ONLY the LP program that I'm interested in. If there's a brand new rerecording a la his excellent MANNIX CD, I'll go for that, no doubt.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Then you should go for the Aleph records version, Thor: it's the same series (and orchestra) as the Mannix CD. It's outstanding!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Then you should go for the Aleph records version, Thor: it's the same series (and orchestra) as the Mannix CD. It's outstanding!

Thanks! That's it, then.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Martijn wrote
    Do you have (Schifrin's own) Aleph Records' rerecording of the score, Tom?
    If so, how does it compare to FSM's release?

I find the Aleph version extremely pleasant. It's one of my favourite CDs.

Could not agree more!!!

Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Schifrin re-recorded his Bullit score and I didn't know about it???? dizzy confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    You didn't know Tim?????
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Thor wrote
    Amazingly, I don't have a soundtrack of BULLIT, although it's been on my want list for a long time. If I'm going to get it one day, it will NOT be the FSM release, though. I'd probably go for a cheaper version with ONLY the LP program that I'm interested in. If there's a brand new rerecording a la his excellent MANNIX CD, I'll go for that, no doubt.

Er, you could also buy the FSM and then press STOP when the LP programme is over?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    fommes wrote
    Thor wrote

Er, you could also buy the FSM and then press STOP when the LP programme is over?

Exactly!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, the sound and recording quality of the rerecording is miles over the original album release.
    Personally I find the performance better as well, but that's a matter of personal taste.
    It really is a very fine listen both as a (very!) funky jazz album and a score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Well, the sound and recording quality of the rerecording is miles over the original album release.

Yes, that and the fact that I just found a used copy of the Aleph at Amazon for $11 (plus shipping). It's a no-brainer.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    cheesy

Good for you! punk
    Prepare to be funked!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Personally I find the performance better as well, but that's a matter of personal taste.
    It really is a very fine listen both as a (very!) funky jazz album and a score.

Like Thor, this I MUST seek!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote

Yes, that and the fact that I just found a used copy of the Aleph at Amazon for $11 (plus shipping). It's a no-brainer.

And with the new release coming out there might be more of them in the used market
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hope so Tom because I'm more interested in the Aleph release than the FSM.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    Just remember Tim that there is a small cult out there that considers everything from FSM holy grail.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited
    I'm just thankful there is an FSM, an Intrada, a Varese etc etc...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009
    Somehow they manage to survive
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009
    A simple yes or no question. How many have a Bullitt CD?