• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008
    NP : FIRELIGHT - Christopher Gunning

Gorgeous score, beautiful theme!

D, you'd love this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wow, just started playing Crysis Warhead and the soundtrack is immense! Sounds like an entire army of percussion!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : OUT OF AFRICA - John Barry

Great music works excellently with the sunset outside my window.....sigh cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Wow, just started playing Crysis Warhead and the soundtrack is immense! Sounds like an entire army of percussion!

Really? Is composed by Zur again? And what about the game?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BLACK BEAUTY - Danny Elfman

Excellent! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The First Knight

Gorgeous!!!It's cold and raining all day today...A perfect score to dream of my knight tonight to keep me company! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Really? Is composed by Zur again? And what about the game?

Nope, it's Peter Antovski using Zur's theme(s) this time around. A much better choice! His use of the main theme is used to much better effect here. A cross between the synthy stuff Sean Callery produces, coupled with typical Tyler sounding percussion writing (but synthy).

As for the game, there's a lot more ''go in an blow EVERYTHING up'' objectives and not really much stealth. They've refined a lot of little thing now though which make it more enjoyable - vehicle handling is better, you auto pick up ammo, and you can dual wield more guns. smile
  1. NP: Forrest Gump - Alan Silvestri

A perfect choice (to me, at least) for a morning listen. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008
    SHE - Max Steiner

There are many brilliant moments in this score.
    It takes a few listens but it's right up there with King Kong.

Next: Son Of Kong / The Most Dangerous Game - Steiner
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MERLIN - Trevor Jones

Good stuff! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: "The Journey Begins" and "End Credits" from Homeward Bound - Bruce Broughton

This is very important score for me (along with the bunny killer score wink )... I remember when I saw the movie as a kid, and noticed how much I loved "film music that are not songs". I could hum the great main theme after seeing the film only once. This is my favorite theme to hum & whistle even now (as well as themes from another my favorite score).

But these are only 2 tracks I have crazy Hope there will be a re-release...
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Miya wrote
    NP: "The Journey Begins" and "End Credits" from Homeward Bound - Bruce Broughton

This is very important score for me (along with the bunny killer score wink )... I remember when I saw the movie as a kid, and noticed how much I loved "film music that are not songs". I could hum the great main theme after seeing the film only once. This is my favorite theme to hum & whistle even now (as well as themes from another my favorite score).

I could say almost the exact same thing verbatim. This is one of my favorites movies from my childhood, and may have been one of the movies to start me on my film music journey. I certainly remember humming the main theme when I was little, and I was lucky to acquire the album just last year!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The sun is shining, I'm happy because there's only one more week at work before I go on holiday, so what better way to celebrate than by listening to Elmer Bernstein - John Wayne Volume Two. Currently on The Shootist - how has this score not been released properly!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Timmer wrote
    NP : CROSSING TO AFRICA - Various Artists

Fantastic compilation by Martin ( Tintin ) that some of you here are familiar with.

Very enjoyable cool

This is an excellent compilation, the tracks flow perfectly into eachother. For me it's very energizing as well. I play it very often!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : CROSSING TO AFRICA - Various Artists

Fantastic compilation by Martin ( Tintin ) that some of you here are familiar with.

Very enjoyable cool

This is an excellent compilation, the tracks flow perfectly into eachother. For me it's very energizing as well. I play it very often!

It is very well done. I prefer Martin's 'Asia' compilation but both work as great travelogues.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    The sun is shining, I'm happy because there's only one more week at work before I go on holiday, so what better way to celebrate than by listening to Elmer Bernstein - John Wayne Volume Two. Currently on The Shootist - how has this score not been released properly!?

The Shootist was on TV yesterday evening, a superb film it is too.

Where you off on Holiday James?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Pirates Of The Caribbean - AWE - Hans Zimmer

I had Singapore stuck in my head all day for some reason! A terrific track!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2008 edited
    David wrote
    Miya wrote

I could say almost the exact same thing verbatim. This is one of my favorites movies from my childhood, and may have been one of the movies to start me on my film music journey. I certainly remember humming the main theme when I was little, and I was lucky to acquire the album just last year!

My journey began with it (and TLK) too, literally. smile

By the way I noticed it was released by Intrada, not Disney. I'm wondering if they still have the right...

NP: SST
    The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly is now playing cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Yeah, I recorded The Shootist. A very good film - haven't seen it for a long time.

Off to Florida - again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I believe it was the last film Ron Howard did in front of the camera (Shootist). Never been a fan of John Wayne (can't like everyone) but it was hard to watch him dying.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I didn't care for him by the way because of his pro McCarthy stand in the 50's.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    "A dark night" by James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer.

A very powerful and overwhelming piece of film music....

My thumbs up for these 2 great composers on their work for the score of such an awesome film.
    Robinson
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    NP: From Russia with Love - John Barry

I'm planning on listening to all of the Bond scores at least once before Quantum of Solace comes out. It's been a while since I've listened to most of these, so it should be a great ride.
  2. NP: Alone in the Dark by Olivier Derieviere

Nice soundtrack with vocals reminding me of Earthsea, I must say Bregt nailed it down in his review so no reason further to write my impressions down here wink

7 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Yeah, I recorded The Shootist. A very good film - haven't seen it for a long time.

Off to Florida - again!

Disneyland?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Robinson wrote
    "A dark night" by James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer.

A very powerful and overwhelming piece of film music....

My thumbs up for these 2 great composers on their work for the score of such an awesome film.

Robinson! Hello my man, how are you? Agree on the score btw, have you seen the movie as well?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    David wrote
    Miya wrote

This is one of those childhood movies where I definitely noticed the music and enjoyed it a lot. Where would I be right now without it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008 edited
    Panthera wrote
    David wrote
    Miya wrote

This is one of those childhood movies where I definitely noticed the music and enjoyed it a lot. Where would I be right now without it?

We're all in our early twenties, aren't we? beer

NP: Porco Rosso - Joe Hisaishi

I'm playing this again. I LOVE IT! lick

Wind Of Time and Madness ~Flight~ are two of my favorite tracks. And the piano on The Bygone Days is so relaxing cool
  3. Was Playing: The Other Boleyn Girl - Paul Cantelon
    Now Playing: Message in a Bottle - Gabriel Yared

Two smooth and serene works, perfect for my evening play. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2008
    sdtom wrote
    I didn't care for him by the way because of his pro McCarthy stand in the 50's.

I understand and agree with that, but then I am disturbed too by Charlton Heston's work for the NRA, Disney's attitude in the McCarthy era, Wagner's opinion of jews,

While these personal traits will always stain any memory, the good and worthwhile these individuals have created should, in my opinion, be acknowledged as well.
    Personally I think The Shootist is a very powerful and very personal film for the Duke, where of course he was already dying (and knew he was- from cancer contracted from filming -of all things- a Djengis Khan bio-epic in the Nevada Desert during a time of atomic tests), and dies "in the saddle, with that other Golden Age legend, Jimmy Stewart, at his side.
    A true and proper swan song.

NP: S.W.A.T. - Elliot Goldenthal
    An excellent and exciting score, which owes not a little to the early seventies' blaxplotation film scores. smile Great percussive elements, quite funky, and so very well mastered for CD: a joy to listen to, and a brilliant adrenalin kick.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn