• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Weird. I'm just playing it from my iPod via my amplifier where it sounds dreadful. dizzy

Btw, do you know if you can manually change the EQ settings on an iPod or can you only use the default presets? I really want to get more bass when playing stuff on it as my amp is already at max. When playing CD's though I don't have the same issue - in fact they seem to have too much bass (but I can obviously turn that down).

i don't think you can create custom EQ setting. You can only use what they give you.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    i don't think you can create custom EQ setting.

Actually, you can. Just click "View," go down to "Show Equalizer," and click. A little box should pop up, in which you can alter existing settings, or create a new one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    I think they're talking about custom EQs for the iPod.

I remember reading somewhere that if you create a custom EQ in iTunes then open up the song options and then choose a EQ for that particular song, it will copy over into the iPod. I've never tried it myself though, so I don't know if it actually works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    David wrote
    I think they're talking about custom EQs for the iPod.

I remember reading somewhere that if you create a custom EQ in iTunes then open up the song options and then choose a EQ for that particular song, it will copy over into the iPod. I've never tried it myself though, so I don't know if it actually works.

I think that works, though I'm not 100% sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Actually, you can. Just click "View," go down to "Show Equalizer," and click. A little box should pop up, in which you can alter existing settings, or create a new one.

Can't export custom EQ to the iPod.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Really? Hmmm... Ah well.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yeah, I see you can *make* presets in iTunes, but I'm guessing these don't copy over to the iPod. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yeah, I see you can *make* presets in iTunes, but I'm guessing these don't copy over to the iPod. sad

Correct!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sounds good to me, check volumes (output level) and equalizer (mostly bass)
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2008
    Sorry Erik , but I still like the Clone Wars score, just me smile
    as well you know my friend, dont worry about the email I sent you, Im ok.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2008
    My review of Griskey's Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, copied and pasted right out of my score reviews blog:

" A solid attempt, though a couple tracks almost ruin it. "

Released shortly after Kevin Kiner's Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Mark Griskey's endeavor into the Star Wars universe, a score to a video game called Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a score truly worth listening to - at least once or twice. While only released in an online promo, the album still packs a lot of sound, and somehow manages to entertain and satisfy most of those who dislike Kiner's approach.

Griskey fearlessly and shamelessly utilizes John Williams' themes, probably something that gives this score the advantage over Kiner's score, at least amongst Williams purists. However, this score has not much new to offer, and although some moments do reflect the John Williams sound fans have come to love, there are several instances in which Griskey's (and Jesse Harlin's) own voice shows through so much, I'm amazed it doesn't ruin the work.

Tracks like The Force Unleashed and Bonus Track: Ton'yy Rho's Uglejig (funnily both by Jesse Harlin) are in no way Star Wars-like, and the latter is absolutely detestable in sound. Tracks like General Kota and the Control Room Duel, Approaching Felucia, The Sarlacc Unleashed, and Maris and the Bull Rancor all sound great, but not necessarily very Williams-like. Others, however (Infiltrating the Junk Temple, Drexl's Raiders, PROXY and the Skyhook, Redemption), are filled to the brim with good, old-fashioned Williams-like scoring, some of which contain direct or near-direct quotes of Williams' music for the films.

As for the track I have failed to mention above, Juno Eclipse/Finale, I'm not exactly sure yet what to think; it sounds amazing, but Williams-esque? Part of me thinks so, but another doesn't. Not entirely sold on my opinion of that track, but nevertheless, it's a beautiful track centered around a delicate, beautiful motif. Can't go wrong with that, I suppose.

Overall, the score to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a relatively sound attempt at a Williams-like score, though a couple tracks do manage to come close to ruining it, at least for me. (It should be noted, however, that both these tracks are Jesse Harlin's brainchildren, so the blame cannot fall to Griskey, in this case.) It is a good score, but not nearly as 'interesting' as Kiner's The Clone Wars. Whether it is better, or worse, is for you to decide.
  1. William wrote
    My review of Griskey's Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, copied and pasted right out of my score reviews blog:

Released shortly after Kevin Kiner's Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Mark Griskey's endeavor into the Star Wars universe, a score to a video game called Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a score truly worth listening to - at least once or twice. While only released in an online promo, the album still packs a lot of sound, and somehow manages to entertain and satisfy most of those who dislike Kiner's approach.

Griskey fearlessly and shamelessly utilizes John Williams' themes, probably something that gives this score the advantage over Kiner's score, at least amongst Williams purists. However, this score has not much new to offer, and although some moments do reflect the John Williams sound fans have come to love, there are several instances in which Griskey's (and Jesse Harlin's) own voice shows through so much, I'm amazed it doesn't ruin the work.

Tracks like The Force Unleashed and Bonus Track: Ton'yy Rho's Uglejig (funnily both by Jesse Harlin) are in no way Star Wars-like, and the latter is absolutely detestable in sound. Tracks like General Kota and the Control Room Duel, Approaching Felucia, The Sarlacc Unleashed, and Maris and the Bull Rancor all sound great, but not necessarily very Williams-like. Others, however (Infiltrating the Junk Temple, Drexl's Raiders, PROXY and the Skyhook, Redemption), are filled to the brim with good, old-fashioned Williams-like scoring, some of which contain direct or near-direct quotes of Williams' music for the films.

As for the track I have failed to mention above, Juno Eclipse/Finale, I'm not exactly sure yet what to think; it sounds amazing, but Williams-esque? Part of me thinks so, but another doesn't. Not entirely sold on my opinion of that track, but nevertheless, it's a beautiful track centered around a delicate, beautiful motif. Can't go wrong with that, I suppose.

Overall, the score to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is a relatively sound attempt at a Williams-like score, though a couple tracks do manage to come close to ruining it, at least for me. (It should be noted, however, that both these tracks are Jesse Harlin's brainchildren, so the blame cannot fall to Griskey, in this case.) It is a good score, but not nearly as 'interesting' as Kiner's The Clone Wars. Whether it is better, or worse, is for you to decide.

nice review William
    I will review this one myself if I find the time in the next couple of weeks or months, so then we can see who's right here and who's wrong wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote

nice review William
    I will review this one myself if I find the time in the next couple of weeks or months, so then we can see who's right here and who's wrong wink

Cool. I look forward to reading your review! beer
  2. (Is it really necessary to quote the whole review just to add one or two sentences? Twice?!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    (Is it really necessary to quote the whole review just to add one or two sentences? Twice?!)

Hmmm... Let me think about it. I'll get back to you later. tongue
  3. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1570976/fullcredits#cast

punk

I hope the score is just as good as the first game and it gets released this time. Easily the most exciting Star Wars score since Empire.
  4. There are already trailers out for the game in which you hear snippets of the upcoming score. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.