• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011 edited
    Hang on, the guy was talking about what government agencies he wanted to get rid of. I can excuse brain farts, but when you talk about major political decisions, you better know what you're talking about. How can he not know that? These things should have been drilled into him. I'm reminded about Sarah Palin, who didn't seem to be able to answer the simplest questions about her policy, because she didn't seem to do much research. There's a difference between the occasional brain fart, and not being able to talk about some of your most essential decisions as a politician.

That said, I do understand your reaction. It's very difficult not feeling sympathy for the guy watching that clip. It's torture; pure concentrated awkwardness.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    But I honestly don't find this brain freeze idiotic, stupid or incompetent.
    Sadly, as it was on live TV, it was spectacular.
    And that, again sadly, is what matters.

Perry even made light of it on David Letterman's Top 10 list last night!

Good sport!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wAtYop-5U

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    plindboe wrote
    Hang on, the guy was talking about what government agencies he wanted to get rid of. I can excuse brain farts, but when you talk about major political decisions, you better know what you're talking about. How can he not know that? These things should have been drilled into him. I'm reminded about Sarah Palin, who didn't seem to be able to answer the simplest questions about her policy, because she didn't seem to do much research. There's a difference between the occasional brain fart, and not being able to talk about some of your most essential decisions as a politician.

I don't care who you are... some times you just have a brain freeze at the most inappropriate times. It happens to all of us. The guy is human. Pilan is not human and should be shot on sight! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    plindboe wrote

I don't care who you are... some times you just have a brain freeze at the most inappropriate times. It happens to all of us. The guy is human. Pilan is not human and should be shot on sight! wink

-Erik-

A shame she hasn't got a BIRTHMARK
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Erik Woods wrote
    I don't care who you are... some times you just have a brain freeze at the most inappropriate times. It happens to all of us. The guy is human.

You guys are amazingly tolerant. I can't even imagine voting for such a politician in a little country like Denmark, where I've never ever seen a politician freeze like that, but in a huge ass country like the US where you're voting for the most powerful person in the world, please have higher standards.

It scares the hell out of me that people are so lenient, considering what they're actually voting for. We're talking about a guy who's practically a button away from nuking the world, so you need to find someone out of the ordinary, not just any regular joe. If a guy consistantly stumbles over his words and can't remember what major political decisions he's planning, that's probably not your guy.

Peter shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    plindboe wrote
    We're talking about a guy who's practically a button away from nuking the world, so you need to find someone out of the ordinary, not just any regular joe.

Ideally someone who isn't a bible thumping ignoramus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I don't care who you are... some times you just have a brain freeze at the most inappropriate times. It happens to all of us. The guy is human.

You guys are amazingly tolerant. I can't even imagine voting for such a politician in a little country like Denmark, where I've never ever seen a politician freeze like that, but in a huge ass country like the US where you're voting for the most powerful person in the world, please have higher standards.

And you're perfect?! shocked

He had a brain freeze in a fucking debate! He knew what he wanted to say but at that moment the words disappeared! Again, this happens to all of us. If he becomes President (which he won't anywway) he'll have teleprompters and speech writers so that he never stumble over another word again.

He's a human fucking being... not a robot!

And this isn't an isolated incident.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the … _blog.html

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Erik Woods wrote

I'm running for president of the United States?! shocked

Erik Woods wrote
    He had a brain freeze in a fucking debate! He knew what he wanted to say but at that moment the words disappeared! Again, this happens to all of us. If he becomes President (which he won't anywway) he'll have teleprompters and speech writers so that he never stumble over another word again.

He's a human fucking being... not a robot!

He's just a regular dude, hence no surprise he freezes (and he has several other poor debate performances btw). Personally, if I was voting for who to run the most powerful country in the world, voting for a regular dude with the occasional brain freeze would be the last thing on my mind. I'd want a freaking genius.

Peter slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

No, but you're human just like Perry... at least I think you're human?! Kill it! Kill it now!!!!

Did you even bother to read the article I posted?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Erik Woods wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

No, but you're human just like Perry... at least I think you're human?! Kill it! Kill it now!!!!

I wouldn't be fit to run for president as I'm just a regular dude like Perry. If I were to run for president I'd want you to dismiss me because of it. I'm not president material, and 99,9999% of people aren't. Don't settle for voting for some average doofus.

Erik Woods wrote
    Did you even bother to read the article I posted?

The one you edited in after I had replied? Yes, I've just seen it, and while there are some embarrassing ones, few communicate the same ignorance that I saw in Perry's performance. Others were so bad that the people not surprisingly ended up losing their campaigns, and I wouldn't vote for them either.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bottom line: pallin should be shot
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    plindboe wrote
    We're talking about a guy who's practically a button away from nuking the world, so you need to find someone out of the ordinary, not just any regular joe.

Ideally someone who isn't a bible thumping ignoramus.

Word.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

I wouldn't be fit to run for president as I'm just a regular dude like Perry. If I were to run for president I'd want you to dismiss me because of it. I'm not president material, and 99,9999% of people aren't. Don't settle for voting for some average doofus.

He makes one tiny gaffe and that makes him a doofus?!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bottom line: pallin should be shot

End of debate!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If you want to see the king of debating, just watch anything with Christopher Hitchens in.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    If you want to see the king of debating, just watch anything with Christopher Hitchens in.

Stop being right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The world will lose a truly truly great mind when his impending doom finally beckons. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    'Lose'

damn but I know you'll get me back for that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    the event is not funny at all , but the choice of music is......

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c9_1321031385
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    the event is not funny at all , but the choice of music is......

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c9_1321031385

True.....but I do hope the pilots were alright.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I think that the pilot was killed from what the tags say ("dead", "pilot", etc). And the accompanying text suggests that the pilot drowned.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011 edited
    plindboe wrote
    Hang on, the guy was talking about what government agencies he wanted to get rid of. I can excuse brain farts, but when you talk about major political decisions, you better know what you're talking about.

Without reiterating what's said before, the whole point is that -in stark contrast to the continued toe curling nonsense Palin and Quayle kept spouting- this wasn't a brain fart, it's a brain freeze. The reason is a neuron misfiring when collecting, concatenating and analysing data causing cortisol to quite literally "freeze up" information (see the information link in my first post about this).

Happens to everyone: to me this afternoon!
    I was busy checking my wallet to pay for a purchase, while the guy at the register was signing me up for a newsletter. He asked me my phone number....and I went blank. I could NOT remember my own phone number! The more I tried the more "stuck" I got!
    Now there is absolutely NO reason for me not to know my phone number! I've had it for over a decade! I know it by heart! I know it now! (In fact, I remembered it as soon as I left the shop).

...but I froze up then.

And that's what I saw happening with Perry.

I honestly dont know very much about where he stands politically, whether or not he's a nice guy, 'what his credentials are or whatever! I just think on the basis of this incident alone, he doesn't deserve the derision he got.

Esta todos. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2011
    Our brain is such a scam, especially when you are outside the bed and dead sleepy, get up and go to bed only to struggle and stir until 3 hours of insomnia pass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Perhaps you're right, Martijn, that I'm a bit harsh. I do feel sympathy for the guy actually, even though I admittedly felt some schadenfreude at his screw up. He's not quite as bunkers as Palin, but he does have many of the same features. He is a creationist, with a tendency to stumble over his own words. I first became aware of him after he made some rather disaparaging remarks about atheists, and later when he held a giant prayer rally to stop the recent Texan drought (which of course didn't work at all).

He's just the kind of person that sometimes it can be difficult not to laugh at. Even if the singular events doesn't justify the reactions, the overall act of this persona is what makes people react strongly to his screw ups. But granted perhaps I'm being a bit unfair.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, as I said, I knew nothing of his points of view or his credentials.

To be disparagingly honest, had I known he harboured such medieval tendencies, I might have been VERY tempted to make the exact same remarks you did.

Gunga Din is not a better man than you are, plindboe. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Hehe. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    "Odd that people focused on Gov. Perry's memory lapse and not that Education was a government agency he wants to cut." Neil deGrasse Tyson (via Twitter)
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
    biggrin

That's made my evening.