• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008
    I'm awed, totally awed! Indy is back! Break out the drinks!

"...whisky?"
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008
    It's is supposed to be small. It's a teaser.

And I love his line when when he goes through the truck windshield. Yes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited
    Tyler's music creates a great feeling of majestuosity and a modern touch that will connect with the younger audiences...

I can't believe Indy's Fans are saying this trailer is great.

Too much digital effects...Well, No problem with GGI, the problem is the set pieces seems to much like an over the top and Over the imposible in the same kind of the mummy returns....Does anyone remember Sky captain Watching Kate Blanchet in this green screen scenes?

And Im not sure about this shoot about Indy's hat at the beggining either... rolleyes rolleyes

At least some scenes in the Peru's Pyramid seems more old fashioned but using modern techniques. Let me rock this one, at least... beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    omaha wrote

And I love his line when when he goes through the truck windshield. Yes!

I think it's horrible. It's too easy make jokes with Indy's age. And the scene seems the typica "Chrouching TIger " scene when you almost can see the cables.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nautilus wrote
    I think it's horrible. It's too easy make jokes with Indy's age.

Maybe, but it would have been even WORSE if they DIDN'T put in some jokes about it!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited
    From the FSM Boards

-------------------

RE: CGI work in the "Not Going to Be Easy Scene"

Some of the shaky CGI is explained here - including the German guys shifting trousers. Apparently they cgi'd out some guns which were in the trailer in the USA but didn't have to in Norway and i assume some other countries?.

http://chud.com/forum/showthread.php?t= … amp;page=7

It was linked from ain't it cool:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35630

-------------------

See the International trailer at
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/vi … 47_SUN6442

And there is no American flag in the International Version.... it was pasted over the wide shot of the trucks in the US version. How totally idiotic!!!

And I'm surprised the guns in the US version weren't replaced with walkie-talkies.

dizzy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Hadn't noticed that until I read this. CGI'ing out the guns is just stupid, and I'm happy that the inclusion of the American flag is not part of the film but also edited in - I always did wonder about that, since it doesn't seem like something Spielberg would do in an Indiana Jones movie. Why they did it is beyond me, but then again, I don't claim to be a rocket scientist. dizzy
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote

Too much digital effects...Well, No problem with GGI, the problem is the set pieces seems to much like an over the top and Over the imposible in the same kind of the mummy returns....Does anyone remember Sky captain Watching Kate Blanchet in this green screen scenes?

The other three films were infinitely silly with the set pieces, so why not the new one? ('Silly' in the best possible meaning of course.)

Spielberg knows how and when to use CGI like very few directors do, so any CGI used in the film I'm positive will be respectful to the feel of the Indiana Jones saga.

And Im not sure about this shoot about Indy's hat at the beggining either... rolleyes rolleyes

How so? The hat is THE piece of clothing that distinguishes the character, it's all you need to see to know what film the trailer is advertising.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008
    Couldn't agree more! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008 edited
    From JWFAN.net

'Indy 4' Recording Sessions are Over

An interview with clarinetist Donal Foster, who performed on the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull score, reveals that the 10 days of recording sessions wrapped on Thursday, March 6 at Sony Pictures Studios in Los Angeles.

And here is a NEW photo!
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20182648,00.html

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008
    "This ain't gonna be easy"
    "Not as easy as it used to be"

Great line.
    GREAT line.

Looking SO forward to this film.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008
    NEW POSTER!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=42763

THIS IS MY INDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Oh man, that looks so cool! Quite "Raiders" looking really!

I can't wait!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aliens? pang
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    confused Aliens? Huh?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Awesome looking poster, just how I wanted, not sure about the silvery dude in the middle. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Aliens? pang

Not sure why this is a problem. I mean, in the previous three movies there have been ghosts flowing out of the ark, people having the ability to live AFTER having their hearts ripped out and a magic cup that can heal bullet wounds. Why are aliens so far fetched?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Aliens? pang

Not sure why this is a problem. I mean, in the previous three movies there have been ghosts flowing out of the ark, people having the ability to live AFTER having their hearts ripped out and a magic cup that can heal bullet wounds. Why are aliens so far fetched?

-Erik-

Exactly what I say to people! I think this could give it that extra awe factor this last Indy movie needs, much like the end shot to Raiders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because...ALIENS. NOT in an Indy movie. crazy I'm up for digusting animals and creatures, Nazis, John Williams and weird mystical objects, but not aliens! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Because...ALIENS. NOT in an Indy movie. crazy I'm up for digusting animals and creatures, Nazis, John Williams and weird mystical objects, but not aliens! sad

Aliens are weird mystical objects, aren't they. Again, back to Temple of Doom... you an swallow the heart ripping stuff yet can't swallow aliens. dizzy

I mean, when I wrote an Indy 4 screenplay back in 1998 I added aliens to the story. In my story aliens are behind the mystical powers of The Bermuda Triangle.

Anyway, I don't mind this story line. Just another mystical unknown element added to the Indy lore.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But I don't associate aliens (hi-tech seeming/UFO guys) with a guy with a whip. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    But I don't associate aliens (hi-tech seeming/UFO guys) with a guy with a whip. sad

Why not?

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because...Aliens...Indiana Jones...No! angry

That's my view from now on. Perhaps soon it will sink in, but for now I feel it's a bad idea. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

But Indiana Jones... Ripping Out Hearts... Yes?

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote

1950's, Russians, Aliens......bring it on! punk

What would you have preferred Anthony, perhaps giant radiation mutated Ants? / Spiders? / Scorpions? / Lizards? / 50ft Women?....all good staple of the 1950's wink

I jest of course ( or do I? ), but I find nothing wrong with Aliens, more believable to me than ancient God relics containing holy powers.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

Well...Im more afraid about the GGI from some set action pieces, or this kind of "im too old for this shit" jokes , than for the Alien thing.

Im not very happy with Blanchet's costume design Either...

But ey! the Maya thing looks Great! Maybe will be a very balanced old fashioned - new generation Indiana Jones film!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

Well...Im more afraid about the GGI from some set action pieces, or this kind of "im too old for this shit" jokes , than for the Alien thing.

Im not very happy with Blanchet's costume design Either...

I have no problem with CGI if it's used properly and doesn't interfere or take the focus away from the story or the characters. As for the "I'm too old for this shit" jokes... I hope that type of humour isn't in there either. I don't mind some reference to Indy's age if it enhances the character.

As for Blanchett... I love the look. Bad ass!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    perhaps giant radiation mutated Ants?

Funny that you mention that... wink

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    perhaps giant radiation mutated Ants?

Funny that you mention that... wink

-Erik-

Indiana Jones And THEM!

Not the most alluring title is it? wink

As for the age thing, I too hope they keep any kind of jokes pointed at this down to a minimum.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    1. No freakin' aliens! sad
    2. Apparantly there aren't going to be any "I'm too old for this shit'' jokes (according to Spielberg)
    3. CGI is fine as long as it doesn't take it to the point where it's unbelievable (explosions, backdrops etc. I can handle, but not an entire CGI ''set'')