• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009
    send me a email bregt and explain that again.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    iTunes DELETED my scores I bought from them!

I had to have a new SIM card (since my other one was lost by the airliner), and I trid to synch new music.

uhm

What?
    SIM card?
    In an iPod?
    confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    iTunes DELETED my scores I bought from them!

I had to have a new SIM card (since my other one was lost by the airliner), and I trid to synch new music.

uhm

What?
    SIM card?
    In an iPod?
    confused

Perhaps he's talking about an iPhone...? Those have SIM cards, right? I mean, they are phones... confused
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    it all sounds pretty weird to me.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    moonie wrote

yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote
    moonie wrote

yeah

yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2009 edited
    I have an iPhone, with a SIM card from work. On my trip I'd taken an old mobile phone with me, with the SIM card from work. During my flight back, I had put the phone in my check-in baggage (not hand baggage), obviously turned off, but somehow KLM (the airline) must have taken it out and didn't put it back, including some other items though.

So I lost SIM card, got a new one (though connected to the same phone number luckily) but when I put it again in my iPhone, and wanted to synchronize music, iTunes didn't show any covers or music, so I had to reselect all folders and music I wanted to synchronize. Somehow, during this, he deleted the two scores I bought from iTunes some time ago (Dark Butterflies and Journey to the Fall (or something like that, by Chris Wong).
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Did you not transfer those scores to your regular music library then?
    confused
    This makes NO sense to me at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    They were stored there well enough I thought?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Have you connected your iPhone to your PC. Have you tried accessing the phone's raw data to see if it's still in there, but iTunes simply won't recognise it? I know iTunes somehow 'marks' its tracks, so if we could re-mark them (and I have a tool for that) you might be able to re-add them (presupposing they ARE in fact still THERE).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I'll check later today.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt, it seems to be a known bug with no resolution.
    Apparently Apple will let you re-download if you contact them with the story.
  1. So I have made an iTunes Store account, and I instantly bought some albums which I've downloaded in the past and really like. I have the files on my hard drive, but my question is now, how do I obtain the covert artwork, mainly the front and back and inside if any? So I can print them.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009
    You can't: front artwork will be downloaded automatically and is visible in iTunes and iPod, but that's it. You don't get any more.
    Which is only *one* of the reasons I do not use iTunes Store.
    Give me downloads like Mikael's any time: high quality and all relevant information and artwork downloadable in the highest possible quality. punk
  2. That's really stupid if you ask me. sad Luckily there are plenty of great looking fan-made covers out there, if you know where to look.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    That's really stupid if you ask me.

It's really stupid if you ask about 90% of their customers, but so far apparently there's not enough of profit damage to Apple to actually go and do something about it. slant
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    So I have made an iTunes Store account, and I instantly bought some albums which I've downloaded in the past and really like. I have the files on my hard drive, but my question is now, how do I obtain the covert artwork, mainly the front and back and inside if any? So I can print them.

Maybe if you list what you're looking for then people could scan booklets for you?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    So I have made an iTunes Store account, and I instantly bought some albums which I've downloaded in the past and really like. I have the files on my hard drive, but my question is now, how do I obtain the covert artwork, mainly the front and back and inside if any? So I can print them.

You might want to fart around HERE!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    That's really stupid if you ask me. sad Luckily there are plenty of great looking fan-made covers out there, if you know where to look.

But you know, you are right on my point: WHAT EXTRA MOTIVE DO THEY GIVE YOU TO CHOOSE THEIR SHOP FROM THE NEXT RAPIDSHARE LINK?

Answer: nothing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

You might want to fart around HERE!

-Erik-

Thanks a lot for the link buddy, it looks to have an incredible amount of covers.
  5. I've read that there's no 64-bit version of iTunes. Does this mean that it won't work on our 64-bit desktop or laptop?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I've read that there's no 64-bit version of iTunes. Does this mean that it won't work on our 64-bit desktop or laptop?

Most 32 bit programs will work on 64 bit machines. The converse is not true.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind … -questions
  6. I can confirm iTunes works on my 64bit Windows 7 Alan.
  7. Thanks.

I'll probably invest in an iPod Classic - though if I am not using iTunes as a store do I need it to transfer my music or "housekeep" my tracks?
  8. I want to make a playlist and I was wondering if I have keywords in the "Comments" box for tracks whether I can make an automatic playlist by selecting these keywords?
  9. FalkirkBairn wrote
    I want to make a playlist and I was wondering if I have keywords in the "Comments" box for tracks whether I can make an automatic playlist by selecting these keywords?

If I create a smart playlist and have a rule like "comments", "contains" and then add the text I want to use as my selecting criteria (e.g., car tracks) would that do it?

For this phrase to be picked up in a smart playlist does iTunes search for the presence of the words in the comments box or do I need to define the phrase?

I know I could just play about with trying this in iTunes itself but I'd like a bit of feedback from anyone who is more experienced with iTunes. Cheers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I want to make a playlist and I was wondering if I have keywords in the "Comments" box for tracks whether I can make an automatic playlist by selecting these keywords?

If I create a smart playlist and have a rule like "comments", "contains" and then add the text I want to use as my selecting criteria (e.g., car tracks) would that do it?

Yes.

For this phrase to be picked up in a smart playlist does iTunes search for the presence of the words in the comments box or do I need to define the phrase?

Either.

If you have multiple selection criteria for multiple lists you may want to use a phrase rather than a key word (e.g. "car high speed pursuit" vs. "car cruising along the boulevard" lists).

But as with each database, iTunes will look for all (or some, depending on your defined search criteria) of the key words in the place you define (in this case in 'Comments').
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011
    Well done iTunes. Function as normal one day, the next morning assume my music library is blank and I haven't imported anything. Brilliant, thanks Apple!
  10. One of the problems with the variety of options for buying music today is that I find I need to keep checking various stores to cover new releases of CDs, digital and digital-only formats.

Does anyone have recommendations of iTunes-only releases worth looking into. For example, I came across Bear McCreary's game score to SOCOM 4 that, as far as I know, is an iTunes-only release.

Cheers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2011
    Anthony wrote
    Well done iTunes. Function as normal one day, the next morning assume my music library is blank and I haven't imported anything. Brilliant, thanks Apple!

Did you back-up your iTunes library files?

-Erik-
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    One of the problems with the variety of options for buying music today is that I find I need to keep checking various stores to cover new releases of CDs, digital and digital-only formats.

Does anyone have recommendations of iTunes-only releases worth looking into. For example, I came across Bear McCreary's game score to SOCOM 4 that, as far as I know, is an iTunes-only release.

I have SOCOM 4 but haven't listened to it yet.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!