• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I registered here in May but haven't posted until today. Although I've been into soundtracks for 13 years I buy them extremely slowly compared to most of you, so my collection still hasn't cracked 150 scores. I post at MMUKs board mostly, but thought I come over here and see what's going on.

Christopher
  2. christopher wrote
    I registered here in May but haven't posted until today. Although I've been into soundtracks for 13 years I buy them extremely slowly compared to most of you, so my collection still hasn't cracked 150 scores. I post at MMUKs board mostly, but thought I come over here and see what's going on.

Christopher

Hey Christopher, welcome, considering you grew up with the 80' and 90' scores, you seem to know what you are doing, welcome buddy, may we inspire you and may you inspire us cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    Welcome Christopher wave
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited
    christopher wrote
    I registered here in May but haven't posted until today. Although I've been into soundtracks for 13 years I buy them extremely slowly compared to most of you, so my collection still hasn't cracked 150 scores. I post at MMUKs board mostly, but thought I come over here and see what's going on.

Christopher

Hey Christopher! Welcome! wave
  3. I feel so welcome smile Thanks everyone!
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited
    christopher wrote

Welcome, Christopher.

I remember when I had 150 scores - a much more manageable number. Gone are the days when I knew very well* every score I had.

*Meaning that I could recall every track on the album and know pretty well what was happening on each track.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Wyatt wrote
    I'm not new here, but I haven't post in a long time, so I'm not sure if anyone still remembers me.

The reason I've come back is because I just started looking through some of my old music and realized that I haven't been listening to a lot of film score lately, so I'm just kind of getting back into it now.

Yeah, I do remember you, welcome back Wyatt wave

What music have you been listening to instead of film music?

Thanks smile.

Mostly I've been getting more into hip hop and some alternative rock, but mostly I think it is just because my friends are so into that stuff lately. Pulling out my old scores was like a breath of fresh air.
  4. Wyatt wrote
    ...mostly I think it is just because my friends are so into that stuff lately. Pulling out my old scores was like a breath of fresh air.

No chance of converting your friends to film music?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Wyatt wrote
    ...mostly I think it is just because my friends are so into that stuff lately. Pulling out my old scores was like a breath of fresh air.

Definitely worth a try. Most of my freinds ask for the odd piece of film music, and two of my closest friends are really into film music, one of whom is just as crazy about it as I am. He liked film music before he met me, but now he's a film music nut thanks to yours truly. cool
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Wyatt wrote

It seems that way. I only have 1 friend who ocassionaly buys film scores. Aside from that one person, my friends seem to have no taste for film score at all.
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    I suppose I could try making a mix of some really good cues to get some of them interested.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Wyatt wrote

Definitely worth a try. Most of my freinds ask for the odd piece of film music, and two of my closest friends are really into film music, one of whom is just as crazy about it as I am. He liked film music before he met me, but now he's a film music nut thanks to yours truly. cool

I find that people who have an eclectic taste and are open will always have some taste for film music. Almost all of my friends like something to some degree with a couple of them REALLY liking it. Another friend, Rob, who now lives in Cornwall is a big fan and also reads this forum from time to time but despite my best efforts won't join in.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    christopher wrote

Christopher

Hey wave
    Nice profile, including the picture!! smile

Braveheart was one of my first too, together with Jurassic Park and Crimson Tide.
    I recognize what you say about having a relative small collection and not buying much. It goes the same with me. If I buy something it's never the newest releases but mostly something from a couple of years back that people keep talking about and that would fit my taste.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    Wyatt, welcome back mate, of course we remember you!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And Christopher, welcome! Nice to see your profile pic, i only wish more members would follow your example wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008 edited
    Demetris, you're back! Everything ok then!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Everything fine my friend, thanks for asking. I am not allowed to whisper or talk - AT ALL - for 2 weeks so i just signal or write down what i want to say, other than that it all went fine. Once i try to talk in 2 weeks time and voice is all ok again, i'll be completely relieved!

Did i miss anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Wow, 2 weeks!? How cruel.

You missed nothing exceptionally I think.
    I think some missed you. smile
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Everything fine my friend, thanks for asking. I am not allowed to whisper or talk - AT ALL - for 2 weeks so i just signal or write down what i want to say, other than that it all went fine. Once i try to talk in 2 weeks time and voice is all ok again, i'll be completely relieved!

Did i miss anything?

Can we call you Whispering D....sounds catchy wink
    • CommentAuthorWyatt
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wyatt, welcome back mate, of course we remember you!

Thanks.
  5. Bregt wrote
    Wow, 2 weeks!? How cruel.

You missed nothing exceptionally I think.
    I think some missed you. smile

yeah I missed Demitris, ok? Are you happy now? I missed him and his amazing voice tongue
    But glad to have you back buddie wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorIcemac0
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    Hello all,

I've been on score reviews since it started, though due to some family situation haven't been very active over the past 2 years. I've been watching this site a bit, and figured it was time to jump back into the discussion.

I like a variety of composers, all the same ones most of you like.
    Horner, Williams, Zimmer, Newton Howard, Silverstri, Badelt, Poledouris, Elfman, Morricone, Gregson-Williams, Shore, and Isham... and many more.

I live in Colorado, I own a Promotional Products company (Printing - Pens, Mugs, Keychains, T-shirts, Magnets, Golfballs, Hats, etc...)
    I'm head coach of a High School Hockey team, and the Air Force Academy Division III ACHA College Team. ~ I love coaching
    I play sports all the time (Hockey of course), Football, Softball, Golf, Tennis, Bowling... I'm a jock.

Not to sure what else you all would like to know, but I'm easy going and am always up for a good discussion.

Thanks,
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Welcome, Icemac0!! wave beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Hey Mac! Good to see you again here! wave

Hmmm, promotional products? I can already picture mugs, pens and shirts with the MainTitles logo...
    wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    As Bregje said smile

Look forward to seeing you join again man cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah, I remember; The Horner loving ice hockey player! wave (I'm the same, apart from the ice hockey thing.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    Icemac0 wrote
    Hello all,

I've been on score reviews since it started, though due to some family situation haven't been very active over the past 2 years. I've been watching this site a bit, and figured it was time to jump back into the discussion.

Horner, Williams, Zimmer, Newton Howard, Silverstri, Badelt, Poledouris, Elfman, Morricone, Gregson-Williams, Shore, and Isham... and many more.

I live in Colorado, I own a Promotional Products company (Printing - Pens, Mugs, Keychains, T-shirts, Magnets, Golfballs, Hats, etc...)
    I'm head coach of a High School Hockey team, and the Air Force Academy Division III ACHA College Team. ~ I love coaching
    I play sports all the time (Hockey of course), Football, Softball, Golf, Tennis, Bowling... I'm a jock.

Not to sure what else you all would like to know, but I'm easy going and am always up for a good discussion.

Thanks,

Hi, Icemac0! wave
  6. Icemac0 wrote
    Hello all,

Thanks,

Greetings, happy to have you here smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Glad to see one of scorereviews' old-timers! punk wave
  7. Hi I've got a lil film music enterprise in Wilmington NC called Jordan Marsh Film Score. Our challenge to ourselves is that we can make any movie hot, even if it's a cornball movie, then the music can be cornball in a hot way. But mostly we like doing good/beautiful/cutting edge pictures of any length. Jazz, house, orchestral, anything. I'm not here to advertise but rather meet people and share ideas, however if you are a film maker and need original music, check out myspace.com/jordanmarshfilmscore (ok that part was advertising) but not really, hope to meet chill heads.

JM