• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. We're having a 'cold snap' but nothing on that scale!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023
    We've had a rubbish August. Rain, even floods, grey etc. I think the heat wave in the south of Europe is "translated" into this when it reaches these Northern shores. Damn climate change! But hoping for an "Indian Summer" now in September. Today has been nice; summery to the extent that I've enjoyed a few beers on the balcony.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Ah, that explains the flurry of posts!

Yes, August was rubbish for weather. The weathermen are saying the next week might be nice/warm.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2023 edited
    He, he...well, I ALWAYS think about doing occasional "flurries of posts" on Maintitles, just to see if we're still alive. So it was not really spontaneous. But had an opportunity tonight.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Having 30°C for a whole week is not what I consider nice... I prefer colder temperatures. Overall, the summer here was already too warm, even with all the rain and stuff. I don't need another heatwave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2023 edited
    Full-on autumn here in Norway now. Yellow and red leaves "raining" outside. Windy, but sunny. Relatively cold (about 5C). Normally, I absolutely ADORE autumn. Very close to summer in terms of appreciation, and way ahead of spring and - obviously - winter, which I hate with a passion. This autumn, however, I have too many worries related to an economic crisis facing me from mid December, so I haven't been able to enjoy it as much I would like. How's it like where you live?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. It hasn't stopped raining all day. Not been too windy but the leaves are beginning to drop on the oak and beech trees across from the house.

We have a few acers in the garden, and over the last few days my Facebook memories has been showing me photos of them "turning" to the bright red they go to. But, this year, they are nowhere near ready to change colour. Global warming!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2023 edited
    Two days ago, huge amounts of snow and wind (a blizzard, basically) hit Norwegian shores, and it hasn't let up since, causing chaos and havoc in the streets. More rain and snow expected in the coming days here in Oslo, creating an uncomfortable amount of "slush". God, I hate Norway during wintertime. This year, it came WAAAAY too early.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2024
    Ridiculous weather continues in Norway. Mild weather and rain yesterday, everything frozen to solid ice today. Makes walking about very risky. Still huge amounts of snow, everything frozen solid.
    I am extremely serious.