• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009
    Steven wrote
    As I said, some opinions are just plain wrong. tongue

No doubt!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    As I said, some opinions are just plain wrong. tongue

Nah, it´s just my opinion.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And it's wrong. biggrin kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    And it's wrong. biggrin kiss

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Brian Tyler conducts "The Legend" for Dragonball Evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXGy-EwAjdk&eurl=

Hmmmm? A version of Elfman's Batman theme eh?

On another thread someone said they thought it was just coincidence that Tyler's score sounded like Batman. Well, only if it's also a coincidence that the pope is catholic.

Is he? The Pope is moneyholic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

On another thread someone said they thought it was just coincidence that Tyler's score sounded like Batman. Well, only if it's also a coincidence that the pope is catholic.

It was me. To be honest he either consciously used the Batman theme, sub-consciously used the Batman theme, or it was pure coincidence. I doubt it was the latter, but I can't be too sure on the other two. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. It doesn't strike me as direct blatant rip though, even though it is very similiar. Hard to explain.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It was me. To be honest he either consciously used the Batman theme, sub-consciously used the Batman theme, or it was pure coincidence. I doubt it was the latter, but I can't be too sure on the other two. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. It doesn't strike me as direct blatant rip though, even though it is very similiar. Hard to explain.

To me it sounds like a very blatant rip and I can't imagine anyone in the orchestra not thinking that either.

Easy to explain.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Is he? The Pope is moneyholic.

Yer kiddin'!? Holy euros D!!! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

To me it sounds like a very blatant rip and I can't imagine anyone in the orchestra not thinking that either.

Easy to explain.

Fair enough.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If it was Horner who had written that the FSM forum would have had a thread full of Horner bashing. Of course, here we are far too polite to go down that road wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Question. I always thought that choir is recorded separately and mixed later on with the score. How come some chorus is heard during this clip that is supposedly a recording session of the orchestra?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009 edited
    Sylvos wrote
    Question. I always thought that choir is recorded separately and mixed later on with the score. How come some chorus is heard during this clip that is supposedly a recording session of the orchestra?

Sylvos, check out the 'Random Randomness' thread in Off Topic wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sylvos wrote

I highly doubt what you were hearing was live sound from the room rather a final mix of the track over top of the video footage.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sylvos wrote

I highly doubt what you were hearing was live sound from the room rather a final mix of the track over top of the video footage.

-Erik-

I agree. Actually, is the choir real? Dan didn´t mention a choir session in his coverage of the scoring sessions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sylvos wrote

-Erik-

I agree. Actually, is the choir real? Dan didn´t mention a choir session in his coverage of the scoring sessions.

He might not have gone to the choir sessions. But it is possible that they could be from a choral library. Debney used a choral library on Lair!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    He might not have gone to the choir sessions. But it is possible that they could be from a choral library. Debney used a choral library on Lair!

-Erik-

Yes, but still, if he does not attend the choir session/s he mentions it in the article. Anyway, no big deal, just out of curiosity.

About Lair, I was convinced, until I read it here (don´t remember exactly who said it in the first place), that the choir was real.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Marselus wrote
    About Lair, I was convinced, until I read it here (don´t remember exactly who said it in the first place), that the choir was real.

I think there are both sampled and real chorus in Lair. The sampled ones were probably last minute additions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote

I said it first. wink

BTW, here is a neat video featuring East West Symphonic Choirs which Debney used on Lair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI5Gg2-mhmU

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

I said it first. wink

-Erik-

Ah, it was you then, I doubted between you and Demetris smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    BTW, here is a neat video featuring East West Symphonic Choirs which Debney used on Lair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI5Gg2-mhmU

-Erik-

shocked
    Very interesting video Erik, thx!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There are sampled choirs which are almost like the real thing wink I am almost sure that he's using one of these in Dragonball.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Very impressive video btw, Erik!

See this as well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhywKr2o … re=related

Mind-blowing stuff shocked
    • CommentAuthorEnemyToo
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Easy to explain.

Fair enough.

The cue's not too bad, but it sounds VERY Elfman-esque, and mostly reminds me of Elfman's superhero music, mostly Batman and Spiderman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009
    BRIAN TYLER: being a film composer [video interview]

In this segment from www.artistshousemusic.org - Brian Tyler is a film composer who has composed scores for films such as The Fast and the Furious 3: Toyko Drift, Annapolis, Constantine and The Hunted. Tyler also has a background as a performing artist and pop songwriter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbl2oq086As
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thanks D, very interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I prefer the man to the music! (Although I still enjoy the music.)

Gotta love the comment:

Sambo2088:

he's the best

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting notes: film music is either orchestral or rock wink And an example of scene: a car chase wink Typecasted? Betcha!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Interesting notes: film music is either orchestral or rock wink And an example of scene: a car chase wink Typecasted? Betcha!

'or romantic scene' was pretty much a throwaway comment wink

Seeing your name on a bus advertising a film you'd yet to score would put a rocket up yer arse though eh!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, time factor is indeed a nasty fuck here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2009
    I wonder why nobody mentioned anything yet regarding the new Tyler score" The Lazarus Project" I bought that one a couple of days ago, and its a nice little hypnotic score.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates