• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    Yes I'm at my parents' place now. I'm spending a few days here to make to make up for my time away as you very well guessed. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. Wish I had somebody to return to smile Or somebody who'd return to me...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    It will happen... you wish for it and it will happen. I know it takes time, I know it's hard but you will find that someone. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  2. Thanks, Stavi smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wishing for it won't do you much good I'm afraid, not unless you put yourself on the line and put your cards on the table. The chance usually will not come along unless you make it happen.

Pawel, if I could, I'd be your wingman ANY day my friend! beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'm back home from uni until Tuesday (due to a lack of money). So very bored! dizzy

Bored??
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    I'm bored too, and I had no wish to go to a party today.

Why are we all so far away... sad

Bored????
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You guys have time to be bored!??????

rolleyes spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Steven wrote
    Wishing for it won't do you much good I'm afraid, not unless you put yourself on the line and put your cards on the table. The chance usually will not come along unless you make it happen.

Exactly my thoughts. (Boy/girl) friends don't end up at your doorstep coincidentally. I've heard that it comes to you when you least expect it, so when you're not trying too hard or looking for it too hard. (Probably because you're just being you then...)
    smile

I don't have the boy/girl friends problem as you may know and no experience with that, but I recognize some of it when it comes to friends. It is clear to me that I won't make new friends if I don't go out and actively make them myself. I like the expression of putting your cards on the table. Just meeting people is not enough, you have to give and show a little bit of yourself of course.

Well, happy easter everyone. It is the time of new beginnings (and fertility haha) so good luck to everyone with making friends and making love!
    wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Some times it does come to some women's doorsteps. All they have to do is look nice and act beautifully, someone will "bite" and come their way although it doesn't happen all the time in this way wink But if you're a man, you'll definitely have great difficulties finding babes at your doorstep; except if your name is George Clooney or variations of Brad Pitt.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009 edited
    You have a point there darl but it always depends on what a man or a woman wants. Ief you just want to "have a go" you will find someone in your doorstep provided you look nice and act beautifully as you very well pointed out. But if this is not your intention exactly you tend to remain invisible despite good looks. Believe me, I know!!! rolleyes
    EDIT: By the way, any ideas on how I'll spend my Sunday night with him making him sorry for leaving me alone yesterday?
    Be careful of what you are going to say! Come on D.! I'm counting on you!!!
  3. He left you alone? What happened?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Drive him crazy (the good kind of crazy wink ) so he'll know what he was missing and he won't want to miss THAT again! It's the only way, captivate him, excite him. wink Have the upper hand and control things, make him "loose" it a bit, the good kind again! Bitching and whining - despite what some women think, will do exactly the opposite, i.e. further reinforce his choice of leaving you alone the night before!

As for the other thing, i wasn't strictly talking on just "having a go"; it generally always depends on what attracts you on other people, not all of us have the same likes / dislikes, tastes and standards as to what we like when we first see a new person.

But if you won't happen to meet that that somebody through common friends and big-company night outs, and you're going to approach a stranger you've seen and you like, i'd say that the general rule is that the man should do the first step in those situations, thus what i said; although, truth to be told, most youngsters won't even dream of doing something as direct as that and i've happen to known / be told or actually see cases where the babe makes the first step, either by general body language and facial signs / smiles or by actually going there and talking to the dude!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    PawelStroinski wrote
    He left you alone? What happened?

He went to a reunion. Bad timing leaving me alone after so many days apart but I don't enjoy whining of restraininh others so I didn't make any complains.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

rolleyes spin

You do realise what the term 'student' implies do you not??
  4. Steven wrote

Pawel, if I could, I'd be your wingman ANY day my friend! beer

I can't drink alcohol at the moment, but when I'm in England and am allowed to drink again (antidepressants + alcohol = danger), I will gladly have one with you!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

rolleyes spin

Booze and traffic cones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

rolleyes spin

Booze and traffic cones.

Very true that. Once, when we were in the car, my mate who was driving at the time tried to pull a traffic cone through the window while we were stopped in traffic... except it was too big to fit through, so we ended up with half a traffic cone sticking out the side for the rest of the way back.

We felt it was worth it though. We needed a traffic cone in our halls to annoy the cleaners.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

rolleyes spin

Booze and traffic cones.

Very true that. Once, when we were in the car, my mate who was driving at the time tried to pull a traffic cone through the window while we were stopped in traffic... except it was too big to fit through, so we ended up with half a traffic cone sticking out the side for the rest of the way back.

We felt it was worth it though. We needed a traffic cone in our halls to annoy the cleaners.

biggrin

20 years ago it used to be traffic cones and oil lamps ( the kind used for roadworks ), beware, you can be arrested for these offences.

my advice is don't get caught wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Traffic cones?!? Must be a Brit thing.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh it is. Our government wastes so much resources on making and placing bloody traffic cones! They're a fucking nuisance. So we steal 'em.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well we have them in Cyprus too; but then again we are heavily influenced by the Brits.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    But they are not always annoying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What's the general attitude towards drinking in Greece? Here in Britain it's awful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Luckiest cone in the world.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Luckiest cone in the world.

Almost makes you want to be a cone wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    What's the general attitude towards drinking in Greece? Here in Britain it's awful.

Can be. For the first time ever ( at least when I've been there ) there was a vicious punch-up in a regular pub I go to....moronic cretins rolleyes Mind you, I was so stoned on the tabs I took that I was mellow as a sun-baked lizard viewing it all through dispassionate eyes cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Not as bad, but we also have those people who go and get pissed without limits on weekends just because they feel they 'ought to or something. Still, i'd say they're in the minority.

Most people above 25, including myself, will enjoy a couple of drinks (2 usually, max 3) on Friday or Saturday nights with good company.

But we also have the bouzoukia group (usually the 18-25 age-span) which consists mainly of students who'll go and drink a lot at the Bouzoukia, on Saturdays. However, since the drinks there are very expensive 'cause they carry expenses for the singers and staff as well, they can't drink as much as within a British pub, for instance. To give you an idea, if you go with 4 buddies to Bouzoukia, there's no entrance fee or anything, but you're bound to the minimum consumption which is either one full bottle of whiskey, vodka and all the relevant drinks of this category or half such a bottle per 2 persons. One such bottle costs (According to who's singing at the bouzoukia that night) somewhere between 60 euros to over 200 euros when "big names" are on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Not as bad, but we also have those people who go and get pissed without limits on weekends just because they feel they 'ought to or something. Still, i'd say they're in the minority.

Most people above 25, including myself, will enjoy a couple of drinks (2 usually, max 3) on Friday or Saturday nights with good company.

But we also have the 18-25 group which consists mainly off students who'll go and drink a lot at the Bouzoukia, on Saturdays. However, since the drinks there are very expensive 'cause they carry expenses for the singers and staff as well, they can't drink as much as within a British pub, for instance. To give you an idea, if you go with 4 buddies to Bouzoukia, there's no entrance fee or anything, but you're bound to the minimum consumption which is either one full bottle of whiskey, vodka and all the relevant drinks of this category or half such a bottle per 2 persons. One such bottle costs (According to who's singing at the bouzoukia that night) somewhere between 60 euros to over 200 euros when "big names" are on it.

Pfft....that's like a cheap pint here in Norway! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What's your average salary in Norway? I bet my ass is much higher than the pitiful 650 euros per month of current Greece.