• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008
    NP - Iron Man - Ramin Djawadi

The score works well the movie. On album, it makes for an enjoyable listening experience.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    lp wrote

The score works well the movie. On album, it makes for an enjoyable listening experience.

???
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote

Having watched the movie the other night I really can't see what the fuss was about? The score works fine in the movie, hell, I might even get it!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    omaha wrote
    lp wrote

???

? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

Having watched the movie the other night I really can't see what the fuss was about? The score works fine in the movie, hell, I might even get it!? wink

I'll be interested in hearing your reaction to it. I can't remember hearing many worse scores in major films and my views are usually pretty similar to your own so I'm keen to hear what it is about it that you like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I didn't DISlike it, but that's about it.
    Can take it or leave it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. lp wrote

I couldn´t agree more. Wonderful background noise for housecleaning. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2008 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    lp wrote

I couldn´t agree more. Wonderful background noise for housecleaning. wink

Except for when I have to vacuum, then only the loudest noise would work, say, John Debney's Cutthroat Island.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    :battle: biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    I was Playing Casper (Horner)

Well, it's good enough for a listen.

The "spiderwick" theme...is scandolous. shame

Casper? GOOD ENOUGH for a listen???! This is a total GEM! shocked

And if anything, I'm very impressed how Horner manages to reach into the near future and insert themes and motifs from several scores that he hasn't even written yet! shocked shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Raiders Of The Lost Frickin' Ark | John Williams

After over a year of searching, I've got a mint condition copy of the DCC release. PERFECT condition, not a single scratch, and all for $12.99. Considering I've bid over $40 on eBay for this in the past (and not won obviously), this is a total bargain.

Best CD release ever. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Anthony wrote
    And if anything, I'm very impressed how Horner manages to reach into the near future and insert themes and motifs from several scores that he hasn't even written yet! shocked shocked

LOL! James Horner is a clairvoyant genius!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

Once I finally saw the film (which I enjoyed) a month back I kinda dug the score!
    Hell, I've listened to it a few times now.
    It's quite enjoyable if you're in that upbeat musical style mood.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Atham wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

Once I finally saw the film (which I enjoyed) a month back I kinda dug the score!

Is the film really good? I'm very tempted to buy it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Anthony wrote
    Atham wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

I think you'll like it. It's a fun movie, with some pretty cool "wow" moment that make it a memorable film.
  2. Brian Tyler - Eagle Eye

My most played Tyler score, somehow.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    lp wrote
    omaha wrote
    lp wrote

???

? confused

haha, just messing with you

it works well with the film, but I better be busy when listening to it on its own
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    lp wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Atham wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

I think you'll like it. It's a fun movie, with some pretty cool "wow" moment that make it a memorable film.

NEVER underestimate the pessimism of Anthony! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Atham wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

It shouldn't be too hard to find Martijn's review of it on the 'Recent Viewing' thread.

I thought the film was great fun!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    lp wrote

I'll be interested in hearing your reaction to it. I can't remember hearing many worse scores in major films and my views are usually pretty similar to your own so I'm keen to hear what it is about it that you like.

I'll take a rain check on that "I might even get it" statement. I didn't have a problem with the way it worked in the movie but I'd like to see it again before I make such rash decisions, I was a lot more caught up in the film than truly paying attention to the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

After over a year of searching, I've got a mint condition copy of the DCC release. PERFECT condition, not a single scratch, and all for $12.99. Considering I've bid over $40 on eBay for this in the past (and not won obviously), this is a total bargain.

Waaaaaay Hey Hey! Well said!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Waaaaaay Hey Hey! Well said!

-Erik-

I third this one mate!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    The latter cues from Ice Age 2 John Powell

Very very good film music. John Powell has such an amazing sense of pace and rhythm, and continually shifts his music to keep the listener interested and the sense of excitement within the film. Tyler could learn a thing or two from this guy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    The latter cues from Ice Age 2 John Powell

Very very good film music. John Powell has such an amazing sense of pace and rhythm, and continually shifts his music to keep the listener interested and the sense of excitement within the film. Tyler could learn a thing or two from this guy.

It's very nice indeed, although i prefer HAPPY FEET over it, it's still a very good score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Merlin - Rob Lane

This is my first listen. Not bad. Nice main title piece. Some exciting music... hope there's is more. Not a fan of the synthy sounding orchestra. And is sound like someone is a fan of The Ewoks theme from Return of the Jedi. Just listen to "Meeting Arthur / Lady Helen Possessed." at the 44 second mark. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Is it sound library-music?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

No!

yours sincerely

Eri.......Tim wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

I have no idea. I pretty sure there are real instruments but there is something ARTIFICIAL sounding about the recording. I think the percussion is synth and some of the lower brass are fake which makes the BIGGER action material sound small. Or maybe it's just a really tiny orchestra. Anyway, something sound-wise is really turning me off!

-Erik-
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    And is sound like someone is a fan of The Ewoks theme from Return of the Jedi. Just listen to "Meeting Arthur / Lady Helen Possessed." at the 44 second mark. wink

There was some talk about that yesterday in the Merlin topic. I found a youtube video where you can listen to the music in context to the scene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjI4d-jOTCI from 2:55.
    I think the style fits the scene quite nicely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    And is sound like someone is a fan of The Ewoks theme from Return of the Jedi. Just listen to "Meeting Arthur / Lady Helen Possessed." at the 44 second mark. wink

There was some talk about that yesterday in the Merlin topic. I found a youtube video where you can listen to the music in context to the scene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjI4d-jOTCI from 2:55.
    I think the style fits the scene quite nicely.

Oh, the light-hearted style is fine... but I don't see any Ewok's in the scene. tongue

-Erik-