• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Can I pay you a lump some to get RID of most of them?

Ow, perhaps I better add a function to disable smileys.
    (or only show sad and angry ones wink )

I'd be up for that... disable all smileys with the exception of the 24 original smileys that were available when the board started. Honestly, all the rest makes this board look amateur and are a main contributors to all the off topic conversation that pollutes this board! Just my two cents.

-Erik-

I'd go along with getting rid of all the extra smileys that are around. It's just annoying.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009 edited
    It seems I'm the last person who hasn't used this emoticon yet.

bhangra

NP: Green Card - Hans Zimmer

I bought it few years ago because I liked a clip from Greenhouse. But the rest of tracks were boring, and synth sounds were annoying, so hadn't played it for a long time...

Recently I started playing this again. And it's growing on me! shocked I like themes, as well as synthy sounds...

Probably it's because I've been exposed to too many 80s synth scores at SST? There are many people who love 80s stuff so much biggrin (I even started liking Top Gun Anthem lol)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. Harold Faltenmeyer... Yeah....

Zimmer's so much better bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    By the way have a good month!

(i know you like me saying it! wink )

And you have an absolutely fabulous fortnight!

Bregt wrote
    slant sad

smile Don't change a thing, mate! (except maybe that creepy-crawly one. THAT one can GO. The sooner the better. slant )

spider = cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Miya wrote
    It seems I'm the last person who hasn't used this emoticon yet.

: bhangra :

I haven't used it yet.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Timmer wrote
    BY THE SEVEN THUNDERS I DEFY THE GODS AND I'LL PLAY MUSIC AS PISS LOUD AS FUCK!!!!!

Tim my dear can I quote you on this next time my neighbours in Sparta give me a hard time about me playing music loud? punk

They DO? I thought it was a privilege of the much grumpy Thessaloniki and Athens' residents, mainly! angry

Well, I can't say the have complained much, mind you I never play music loud in common rest hours. But if the do complain I have things to say too about other kinds of "sounds" I hear from their apartment from time to time... if you get my meaning! wink
    By the way!Καλό μήνα για σήμερα και Καλή Σαρακοστή! kiss

Stavi, you are, of course, MOST WELCOME TO USE IT! punk cool

And, uhmmmm, what exactly are the kind of noises you hear from "The Others"?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Timmer wrote
    BY THE SEVEN THUNDERS I DEFY THE GODS AND I'LL PLAY MUSIC AS PISS LOUD AS FUCK!!!!!

Tim my dear can I quote you on this next time my neighbours in Sparta give me a hard time about me playing music loud? punk

They DO? I thought it was a privilege of the much grumpy Thessaloniki and Athens' residents, mainly! angry

Well, I can't say the have complained much, mind you I never play music loud in common rest hours. But if the do complain I have things to say too about other kinds of "sounds" I hear from their apartment from time to time... if you get my meaning! wink
    By the way!Καλό μήνα για σήμερα και Καλή Σαρακοστή! kiss

Stavi, you are, of course, MOST WELCOME TO USE IT! punk cool

Oh; Stavi. Somebody tried to complain to me about such noises. I was under the impression you said it was the case with you too, i didn't know they were the ones making the noises wink biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Eric wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : UFO - Barry Gray

Thank you Randal beer cool

Is this the LP release ?

No. This is the 2CD release for Fanderson members.
    Almost every cue from the series is on it too!
    Very cool sixties style scoring for a great old show! cool
  3. Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote

NP: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button ~ Alexander Desplat
    It gives me a sense of much needed calmness. I some times have the feeling I get when I listen to water falling. The music is really flowing and I cannot overlook the prominent place Desplat gives to my favourite instrument, the piano. Wonderful, just wonderful!

Good to see someone else with a positive opinion of this score.

wave
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    all the rest makes this board look amateur and are a main contributors to all the off topic conversation that pollutes this board!

It's just annoying.

Look! It's Jack Lemmon & Walter Matthau (back in 1993)!
    biggrin

NP
    : Walking Across Egypt - Marco Beltrami
    Nice and dramatic little score, and very indicative of what a sense of melody Beltrami has.
    I wish he'd do more like this! (I wsh he'd do more PERIOD slant )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Three Choral Suites - Miklos Rozsa

I keep returning to this CD by my fellow Hungarian. It's stunning. By the way: what is the best representation of Quo Vadis on CD?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    That's easy: the Dutton/Vocalion CD re-issue of the old Decca Phase 4 album (coupled with Ben Hur).

A STUNNING and absolutely QUINTESSENTIAL release.
    I know: I keep gushing over these records and this particular release, but everyone should have them! Honestly! These records are just that good. And for such a seminal recording, AND being a double CD, it's bloody dirt cheap too! There's simply no excuse NOT to own it!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

Rattling chains, I wager. The odd hollow moan.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Rattling chains, I wager. The odd hollow moan.

biggrin

Bedroom noises Tim! You know...
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ahhhh....willow trees knocking on the window. Demented giggling from harlequin dolls. A closet door creaking open.
  4. Too much Poltergeist? bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    TYLER BATES - watchmen

With all seriousness, i am struggling to apprehend how this man continues to get hired; for anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    TYLER BATES - watchmen

With all seriousness, i am struggling to apprehend how this man continues to get hired; for anything.

You´ve finally done it! Remember D, the buckett.....you are warned.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    TYLER BATES - watchmen

You´ve finally done it! Remember D, the buckett.....you are warned.

I like how he copies himself on 300 in various occasions. Like for instance track.11 sounding like having be straight-lifted of 300; 'cause it was SO good he had to re-do it. :sigh:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote

It gives me a sense of much needed calmness. I some times have the feeling I get when I listen to water falling. The music is really flowing and I cannot overlook the prominent place Desplat gives to my favourite instrument, the piano. Wonderful, just wonderful!

wave

As in someone other than you, me and Demetris. And probably someone else who I've forgot. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote

wave

As in someone other than you, me and Demetris. And probably someone else who I've forgot. wink

Everyone always forgets me. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah. I must have assumed you thought it was overrated twaddle. biggrin
  5. Don Davis - Behind Enemy Lines

Good modern and Hornerish suspense score, very well-written, good infusion of modern rock elements. Good choral writing - why the hell didn't it get an official release?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    About Watchmen I didn't heard it the whole thing, but the sound it's kind (if not original) interesting. So Maybe I will like more (or I will like) this score more than the previous Bates.

Oh...I heard some Vangelis Blade Runner touch...here and there OOPS!

I was playing: 3:10 to Yuma

The second best Beltrami score , after Hellboy !

I love this western sound, with the creepy touch of Beltrami. It could have been very good for score Alone in the Dark 3 .

NP:King Arthur (Zimmer)

It sounds very much like Ancient magic (or it is just me?). And that is ironic, because the movie tried to be realistic. So Why Zimmer did this kind of Sound? I don't know. But it's coooooooooooool Dude!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote

wave

Everyone always forgets me. cry

Count me in, mates! That was the score I was rooting for at Oscar night (although completely hopelessly...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Les Aventures De Tintin - Ray Parker and co.

Felt like playing this childhood favourite after I read this - http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090204/90 … p-for.html

So Secret Of The Unicorn will be the first adapted comic. I can only hope John Williams comes onboard to create another pirate score along the lines of Hook! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Les Aventures De Tintin - Ray Parker and co.

Felt like playing this childhood favourite after I read this - http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090204/90 … p-for.html

So Secret Of The Unicorn will be the first adapted comic. I can only hope John Williams comes onboard to create another pirate score along the lines of Hook! punk

Don't get your hopes too high, remember the last Spielberg film with a hotly anticipated Williams score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeh. But always good to be optimistic wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    About Watchmen I didn't heard it the whole thing, but the sound it's kind (if not original) interesting.

No it isn´t.

Nautilus wrote
    NP:King Arthur (Zimmer)

It sounds very much like Ancient magic (or it is just me?). And that is ironic, because the movie tried to be realistic. So Why Zimmer did this kind of Sound? I don't know. But it's coooooooooooool Dude!

Indeed. I´ve never read a word from Zimmer regarding this score. Somebody know if he liked to score it, or had any particular issue with the director or something?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. All I can say is that the orchestra doesn't seem to have fun with the performance.