• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Twilight (Carter Burwell)

Let's see what the fuzz is all about

Well, what do you think of it?

well, I think you're right, most of this stuff is hard to get connected with, the typical stylish Burwell touch is far from to be found, the lullaby is indeed however quite nice, wah I think 5/10

Yeah. The lullaby is easily my favorite track. beer
  1. William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

well, I think you're right, most of this stuff is hard to get connected with, the typical stylish Burwell touch is far from to be found, the lullaby is indeed however quite nice, wah I think 5/10

pity, considering this is stuff a composer like Burwell doesn't get too often
    oh well

bhangra
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

pity, considering this is stuff a composer like Burwell doesn't get too often
    oh well

bhangra

I disliked the film and never read the books, so I am by no means a Twilight fan, but I still enjoyed the score.

NP: Horton Hears a Who - John Powell

But this is by far superior. John Powel has not disappointed me once with a score for an animated film. I hope he keeps them coming. They are all so good. Recently I've been playing Bolt all the time. Sure wish someone owned that promo...
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    bhangra

What the crap kind of emoticon is that? shocked confused
  2. BHANGRAAAAAAAAA
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    PawelStroinski wrote
    BHANGRAAAAAAAAA

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    Conan and Perfume overrated twaddle? shocked

biggrin

I was only really referring to one of those, if truth be told. I'll leave it to you to see if you can work out which one.

If only such overrated twaddles were composed and released more frequently.

About 150,000 finer scores than Perfume have been released in the 80-or-so years we've had film music, so I don't know how much more frequent you want.

Yeah yeah yeah; you know what i mean wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    bhangra

What the crap kind of emoticon is that? shocked confused

A-HA! You're my man, welcome to the club!

Wait 'till you browse the other 30-or-so threads filled with the emoticon and which you missed when you were away!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2009 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

What fuss? It's his least interesting score this year, by far. Want pure Burwell gold? BURN AFTER READING and IN BRUGES are you scores smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I will introduce emoticons on request. 3EUR per request, 2EUR for exclusive use (as in, can only be used by its requester).

All money will be put in a fund for maintitles.net.

WALK ON THE WILD SITE | elmer bernstein

Not as awesome as The Man with the Golden Arm, since it's also a bit more dramatic and romantic. But the main theme is a blast again. cool
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    I will introduce emoticons on request. 3EUR per request, 2EUR for exclusive use (as in, can only be used by its requester).

Srsly? Great idea!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote
    BY THE SEVEN THUNDERS I DEFY THE GODS AND I'LL PLAY MUSIC AS PISS LOUD AS FUCK!!!!!

Tim my dear can I quote you on this next time my neighbours in Sparta give me a hard time about me playing music loud? punk

NP: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button ~ Alexander Desplat
    It gives me a sense of much needed calmness. I some times have the feeling I get when I listen to water falling. The music is really flowing and I cannot overlook the prominent place Desplat gives to my favourite instrument, the piano. Wonderful, just wonderful!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    Timmer wrote
    BY THE SEVEN THUNDERS I DEFY THE GODS AND I'LL PLAY MUSIC AS PISS LOUD AS FUCK!!!!!

Tim my dear can I quote you on this next time my neighbours in Sparta give me a hard time about me playing music loud? punk

They DO? I thought it was a privilege of the much grumpy Thessaloniki and Athens' residents, mainly! angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote

Can I pay you a lump some to get RID of most of them?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Stavroula wrote
    It gives me a sense of much needed calmness. I some times have the feeling I get when I listen to water falling. The music is really flowing and I cannot overlook the prominent place Desplat gives to my favourite instrument, the piano. Wonderful, just wonderful!

You have The Painted Veil? That's a very water flowing score to me actually.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bregt wrote

-Erik-

Bregt, i propose an introduction of a new term in the statistics: Biggest party pooper .

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Erik Woods wrote

Ow, perhaps I better add a function to disable smileys.
    (or only show sad and angry ones wink )
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stavroula wrote

Good to see someone else with a positive opinion of this score.

It may not be brimming with lush complicated themes, but it has a certain subtle elegance to it. You'll either find that boring or, like a few of us, charming and relaxing. Either way, it puts both its fans and detractors to sleep.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Timmer wrote

They DO? I thought it was a privilege of the much grumpy Thessaloniki and Athens' residents, mainly! angry

Well, I can't say the have complained much, mind you I never play music loud in common rest hours. But if the do complain I have things to say too about other kinds of "sounds" I hear from their apartment from time to time... if you get my meaning! wink
    By the way!Καλό μήνα για σήμερα και Καλή Σαρακοστή! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Stavroula wrote

Good to see someone else with a positive opinion of this score.

It may not be brimming with lush complicated themes, but it has a certain subtle elegance to it. You'll either find that boring or, like a few of us, charming and relaxing. Either way, it puts both its fans and detractors to sleep.

The score is simply BEAUTIFUL. I remember how emotionally affected i was when going through the experience in the cinema, and largely due to the score. The heartfelt melodies of the fragile and tender piano along with the esoteric string arrangements of the score were the perfect musical translation of the on-screen portrayed feelings of the central character. Absolutely spot-on without being over-emotional and intrusive, a classy and elegant work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Timmer wrote

Well, I can't say the have complained much, mind you I never play music loud in common rest hours. But if the do complain I have things to say too about other kinds of "sounds" I hear from their apartment from time to time... if you get my meaning! wink
    By the way!Καλό μήνα για σήμερα και Καλή Σαρακοστή! kiss

THEY ACTUALLY COMPLAINED ABOUT THAT? They once tried to do so to me as well; the whole building heard my voices and curses, they never stepped food on my floor since!

Επίσης μάι ντίαρεστ!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Bregt wrote
    Stavroula wrote

You have The Painted Veil? That's a very water flowing score to me actually.

Yes darl I have it. One of my favourite Desplat works in fact! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

The wild site in question being Maintitles, I take it?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Aha, somebody noticed!

( shame )
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Bregt wrote
    Aha, somebody noticed!

( shame )

bhangra ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

The wild site in question being Maintitles, I take it?

lol

Good one Martijn dear!
    By the way have a good month!

(i know you like me saying it! wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Ow, perhaps I better add a function to disable smileys.
    (or only show sad and angry ones wink )

I'd be up for that... disable all smileys with the exception of the 24 original smileys that were available when the board started. Honestly, all the rest makes this board look amateur and are a main contributors to all the off topic conversation that pollutes this board! Just my two cents.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Three cents to kill 'em all, except for the bhangra and the kalashnikov.
    (Oh, and the fireworks).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    slant sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    By the way have a good month!

(i know you like me saying it! wink )

And you have an absolutely fabulous fortnight!

Bregt wrote
    slant sad

smile Don't change a thing, mate! (except maybe that creepy-crawly one. THAT one can GO. The sooner the better. slant )