• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    Southall wrote
    sdtom wrote
    I know who he is Erik. He played for a time with the N.Y. Cosmos. He just isn't an icon like Bobby Orr who you completely ignored. As a Canadian I'm surprised you didn't mention his name with W.G.
    Thomas

Goodness... W.G. Grace! How could I forget him!? (And Donald Bradman I guess.)

I used to drink in a pub ( The Old England in Montpelier, it's still there ) with a lot of history connected to Grace, at the back of the pub is a large area with cricket nets for practicing, I can't remember all the details but Grace had part ownership of the pub and also regularly practised there. I was in the pub once ( back in the early 1990's ) when the entire Australian cricket team came in, good lads, there was a bat fixed to the wall which the team signed.

Unfortunately, after the pub got taken over by new ( and BAD ) management it went down the plughole and became full of drug dealers and wannabe gangstas rolleyes , such a shame as it used to be one of the very best pubs in the whole of Bristol.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm just having a little fun with you Erik. I remember a messenger conversation one time where you went on and on for about 5 minutes about Bobby Orr.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I'm just having a little fun with you Erik. I remember a messenger conversation one time where you went on and on for about 5 minutes about Bobby Orr.
    Thomas smile

The guy revolutionized the offensive defenseman.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    He most certainly did.
    Thomas
  1. Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Eddy Merckx!

He was great, but can he hold up to Lance Armstrong's 7 consecutive wins? Also considering Lance's back story?

I'm sorry, but comparing two great ones in different times is like saying Zidane was better than Pele?
    Different times, same quality sporters

both ruled their times
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Eddy Merckx!

He was great, but can he hold up to Lance Armstrong's 7 consecutive wins? Also considering Lance's back story?

I'm sorry, but comparing two great ones in different times is like saying Zidane was better than Pele?
    Different times, same quality sporters

both ruled their times

Agreed.....but if you're gonna pick just ONE etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The steroid issue clouds Armstrong's accomplishment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote

I'm sorry Tom, was he ever found guilty on the steroids claim? If not, then there is no issue. Until then he is innocent until proven guilty and for now what he accomplished is something special!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    sdtom wrote

I'm sorry Tom, was he ever found guilty on the steroids claim? If not, then there is no issue. Until then he is innocent until proven guilty and for now what he accomplished is something special!

-Erik-

sadly for him, it will forever haunt his professional successes
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Nothing was ever proved regarding those accusations, and I'm disappointed that you, Tom, stoop to such petty speculations and accusations.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited
    Sadly once these accusations go around they stick. Whether true or not Armstrong will always be tarnished with these allegations and there will always be plenty of voices who'll claim there's no smoke without fire regardless of there being no proof.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    sdtom wrote

Thor and Erik please read what I said in my statement. I never said he was innocent or guilty. I feel that today there is too much money at stake with some sports making it a difficult decision to use or not. Some are looking for that extra edge.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    Bolt looking for a new challenge

This could be very, VERY interesting!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Bolt looking for a new challenge

This could be very, VERY interesting!

-Erik-

Yeah, I heard that interview last week. I certainly think he has as much potential to do well in long jump as Carl Lewis did. As for 400, I'm not sure. It's rare to see 100 meter runners do well in the 400, but then again Bolt IS rare! It would be interesting to see if he could challenge Michael Johnson's legenday record on the 400, just as he did on the 200.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It certainly would be a challenge I think he is up to.
    Thomas
  3. My favourite team Anderlecht got a draw last night against their rivals, but that wasn't what people continued to talk about, the talk of the town was the horrific double leg break when a tackle was made on one of the defenders, absolutely horrific shit

people who love soccer, be warned, this is probably the worst injury you can possibly get in soccer

Not for the faint of heart shocked vomit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSaRmAuQtAk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Faker!

wink

That was indeed awful but I've seen that happen dozens of times.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    My favourite team Anderlecht got a draw last night against their rivals, but that wasn't what people continued to talk about, the talk of the town was the horrific double leg break when a tackle was made on one of the defenders, absolutely horrific shit

people who love soccer, be warned, this is probably the worst injury you can possibly get in soccer

I've seen worse football injuries.
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote

Faker!

wink

That was indeed awful but I've seen that happen dozens of times.

-Erik-

true, there have been various injuries like that, but still absolute nightmare (for a sporter at least)
    his career could be over
  5. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    My favourite team Anderlecht got a draw last night against their rivals, but that wasn't what people continued to talk about, the talk of the town was the horrific double leg break when a tackle was made on one of the defenders, absolutely horrific shit

I've seen worse football injuries.

like?
    I think broken legs are the worst (heart attacks not taken in consideration) shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I meant ones that look worse, you know, those ones where you just have to cover your eyes.
  6. Timmer wrote
    I meant ones that look worse, you know, those ones where you just have to cover your eyes.

ooooh, don't get me getting any ideas shame
    anyway, for me it is a little personal, considering the guy was a player of my personal team
    but indeed, he'll live, it isn't the end of the world

but he might think otherwise
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote

COVER YOUR EYES!

shocked

I SAID... COVER YOUR EYES!

shocked shocked

YOU AREN'T LISTENING TO ME...

shocked shocked shocked

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, I saw that horrible tackle in the Belgian league, which is one of the worst I've seen, mostly becaue the leg spins around so much, only kept in place by the sock. There was also that incident with Cissé a couple of years back and the Danish footballer in the 1992 European Championship, where you could literally see the white of the bone sticking out by the knee.

Horrible stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

COVER YOUR EYES!

shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked

-Erik-

that first one is ouch horrific vomit
  8. Thor wrote
    Yeah, I saw that horrible tackle in the Belgian league, which is one of the worst I've seen, mostly becaue the leg spins around so much, only kept in place by the sock. There was also that incident with Cissé a couple of years back and the Danish footballer in the 1992 European Championship, where you could literally see the white of the bone sticking out by the knee.

Horrible stuff.

and last year, or the year before that in the premiere league with the player of arsenal (can't remember the name but I though it was Eduardo), the same horrific ordeal

yeah, sometimes you would wish your child doesn't play sports
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote

COVER YOUR EYES!

shocked

shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked

-Erik-

No thanks, I've just eaten.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I couldn't help myself shame

OUCH!!!!

OUCH!!!!

OUCH!!!!

'ouch!' doesn't really cover it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009 edited
    A terrible disappointment for football fans like myself here in Norway today...

NRK, Norway's public broadcaster, has been forced to sell the rights to the upcoming South Africa World Cup to a pay channel. This means that I have to pay a steep subscription fee to see the matches, which is out of the question.

In a way, the Eurovision Song Contest is to blame, because we won it last year and have to arrange it next year, which means more costs for NRK, and the World Cup rights turned out to be one of the casualties.

Damnit! angry
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    Can you not go to bars to watch it Thor?