• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Can you not go to bars to watch it Thor?

Yes, I can (although that can turn out to be an expensive affair, what with the beers and all). Or watch them at friends who have the right channels. Either way, it's a hassle.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know what you mean. Pay per view sport is a bane of modern technology slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's always the rapidshare per view solution though.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    Rio de Janeiro gets the Olympics 2016, beating out Chicago, Tokyo and Madrid.

I was in Rio in 2006, and it's a lovely city, but it also has its dark sides with all the favelas. They will unquestionably have challenges as far as security and intrastructure are concerned.

It will be interesting!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009
    I thought Chicago would win, but am pleased Rio did. Hopefully it will present a good opportunity to fashion some change for the better in the city's worse-off areas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    I thought Chicago would win, but am pleased Rio did. Hopefully it will present a good opportunity to fashion some change for the better in the city's worse-off areas.

Yeah, I also thought Chicago would win, especially after Obama went to Copenhagen to hold a glowing speech in favour of his "hometown". Guess he's not the rhetorical miracle worked we thought he was after all!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited
    Just want to share a passion of mine.. its called Systema.

This is a martial art developed for the Russian Army. (mostly during Soviet times) Its a specialized branch of Sambo. There are no compititions (its actually not a sport) als no belts / katas or techniques that one has to memorize. Instead its all about freedom of movement and use and relaxation in combination with proper breathing and posture. The "techniques" will then follow spontanously, without thought.

Here is a lame clip of myself (bald guy), practising a bit. So this is without pre memorized or pre planned attacks. Its fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= … h-4zaPQA==
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited
    Talos wrote
    Just want to share a passion of mine.. its called Systema.

This is a martial art developed for the Russian Army. (mostly during Soviet times) Its a specialized branch of Sambo. There are no compititions (its actually not a sport) als no belts / katas or techniques that one has to memorize. Instead its all about freedom of movement and use and relaxation in combination with proper breathing and posture. The "techniques" will then follow spontanously, without thought.

Here is a lame clip of myself (bald guy), practising a bit. So this is without pre memorized or pre planned attacks. Its fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v= … h-4zaPQA==

Ha, ha...loved the bit about your daughter saying "Papa! That's supercool, Papa! Supercool!". Cute. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2009 edited
    Yes, she is my fan... haha.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  1. Superbowl XLV is on BBC1 tomorrow night.

Anyone in the know tell me whether the match-up between the Steelers and Packers is likely to be a good game?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Superbowl XLV is on BBC1 tomorrow night.

Anyone in the know tell me whether the match-up between the Steelers and Packers is likely to be a good game?

I think you should post this on Tom's Very Own NFL Thread.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Oh dear, I'm going to pay for that!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Record it, fast forward through all the commercials and waffle, and then you can watch the entire 4-hour marathon in about 11 minutes (which is about how long the ball is actually in play for).
  4. Jon Broxton wrote
    Record it, fast forward through all the commercials and waffle, and then you can watch the entire 4-hour marathon in about 11 minutes (which is about how long the ball is actually in play for).

Good idea. But I have no TV recording facilities in the house!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011 edited
    On Sunday 20th March I will be running the Reading Half Marathon to help raise money for the NSPCC.

http://www.nspcc.org.uk/

If you like the idea of me being in pain, or just want to help it feel all worthwhile please show your support by donating at my JustGiving page:

http://www.justgiving.com/Anthony-Cornfield

Thanks for your support!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011
    That's crazy, Anthony, but good luck!!

I currently weigh more than I've ever done (close to 90 kilos) and haven't worked out in almost a year, so it's a world far, far removed from mine that you're living in.

Makes it all the more impressive; nice to see it's for a good cause too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    If you like the idea of me being in pain,

I do not donate towards an idea!
    I want committment towards photographic proof of blood, twisted ankels, heat exhaustion, dehydration and rabid dog bites.

THEN I'll donate.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    that or bikini photos
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. Spotted this from Phill Jupitus on Twitter (who borrowed it from author/journalist Michael Moran)...

Would this be a good way of choosing a MLB team to follow this season?

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_asset … wchart.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011 edited
    Have been building up running again, and got to 4km the past two times (2 to 3 times a week, since two weeks ago). Bought new shoes as well, and it's an unbelievable difference. No more pain!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    I am seriously un-fit at the moment, I need to get my cycle out, start some aerobics and weights again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or cut down the amount of beer my friend wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, to be honest D I don't drink that much, a blow out on a Friday/Saturday is pretty much it, when I've done weekday quizzes or pool contests I'm often drinking orange juice or coke ( which is just as bad considering all the sugar content ).

My diet always improves a lot in summer, eating lots of salads and fish etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, will you please relax, guys?! We gotta enjoy ourselves too....what is this, the Dr. Phil 12-step Program Forum??
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thor wrote
    Ah, will you please relax, guys?! We gotta enjoy ourselves too....what is this, the Dr. Phil 12-step Program Forum??

Well said my friend cheesy
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011
    Oh my God, I just had my first outdoor jog in a year (maybe because I felt guilty for the 700 grams of potatoe chips yesterday), and I thought I was gonna die at least 14 times. Quite embarassing, running through the park full of families and casual walkers, and looking like a 80-year-old geriatric in terms of shape.

Geez. shame
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Bregt wrote
    Have been building up running again, and got to 4km the past two times (2 to 3 times a week, since two weeks ago). Bought new shoes as well, and it's an unbelievable difference. No more pain!

good for you Bregt, I'm into fitness again as well, 2 times a week minimally, the feeling of being fit does make you want to continue doing it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Thor wrote
    Oh my God, I just had my first outdoor jog in a year (maybe because I felt guilty for the 700 grams of potatoe chips yesterday), and I thought I was gonna die at least 14 times. Quite embarassing, running through the park full of families and casual walkers, and looking like a 80-year-old geriatric in terms of shape.

Geez. shame

don't worry, if you keep doing it, you'll know why you've started in the first place smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thor wrote

Geez. shame

don't worry, if you keep doing it, you'll know why you've started in the first place smile

Maybe....but that it is so far, far in the future, and dependent upon regular workouts (at least 2-3 times) every week, plus a serious revolution in my diet. And I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that yet. If you take away my beer and potatoe chips, there is nothing more worth living for. wink
    I am extremely serious.