• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009
    NP : STAR TREK V : THE FINAL FRONTIER - Jerry Goldsmith

Poor film, great score!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

that must be hang, it doesn't hang (sticks in my mind), sorry tongue

You're providing me with way too many signature-worthy quotes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

Poor film, great score!

Tis a poor film, but I still enjoy it simply because it's a Trek film with Kirk and Co.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Poor film, great score!

Tis a poor film, but I still enjoy it simply because it's a Trek film with Kirk and Co.

Its problems are obvious but the chemistry between the three main characters was at its peak in that film. I can always enjoy watching it because of that.
  1. NP: Thief - Tangerine Dream

I've listened to a few TD scores and there's very little that I keep coming back to. But "Diamond Diary" from this CD is a track that's a really good listen. Probably because it has that Jean-Michel Jarre sort of vibe to it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. NP: Suite from Memories of Me - Georges Delerue

After hearing all the positive comments relating to this suite I decided to go for this single cue rather than getting caught up in the rush for the recent CD release of the score.

And it is a beautiful piece of music indeed!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. Sensible Alan. Wise Alan. Would that I had taken my own counsel on that purchasing decision.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Poor film, great score!

Its problems are obvious but the chemistry between the three main characters was at its peak in that film. I can always enjoy watching it because of that.

Row, row, row your boat
    gently down the stream,
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
    Life is but a dream

Yeap, the chemistry saves it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    Sensible Alan. Wise Alan. Would that I had taken my own counsel on that purchasing decision.

Blah blah blah blah
    It's an outstanding CD.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

that must be hang, it doesn't hang (sticks in my mind), sorry tongue

You're providing me with way too many signature-worthy quotes!

oh cool, I'm a signature favourite now smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Heart of Darkness (Bruce Broughton)

Broughton scored a videogame? Indeed he did in 1998 and it's quite good, nothing amazing but enjoyable for what it is. A little more than a half hour film score like with mickey mousing present but also with good themes and good thematic outbursts. Some Lost In Space style action music and fanfares, not suprising this was written the same year. Excellent performances by The Sinfonia of London all round makes this one to check out if you haven't already.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I went to bed drunk at 3.30 this morning and woke up at 7.30 bright as a shiny button dizzy confused

Anyway, I've spent this morning being busy tidying up the place, reading the morning paper and listening to BBC radio 2, now it's time for some score....

NP : NIGHTWING - Henry Mancini

The second time I've played this since it arrived and I'm really enjoying it, not an out and out horror score at all, very subtle and textured score and very melodic, some of it reminds me of Morricone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I went to bed drunk at 3.30 this morning and woke up at 7.30 bright as a shiny button dizzy confused

I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna help the migraines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone John Williams

Listening to this one again after such a long time, I'm now not sure which is my favourite Potter score. Overall this has probably got more of that old school Williams magic than any of the other scores, but then again the third score has some amazing new themes!? Ah well, who cares. They're all awesome.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Listening to this one again after such a long time, I'm now not sure which is my favourite Potter score. Overall this has probably got more of that old school Williams magic than any of the other scores, but then again the third score has some amazing new themes!? Ah well, who cares. They're all awesome.

Even the Hooper one?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Uhmmmm? So far so good.....uhm

Thanks to another thread I decided to play some real Sinbad music....

NP : THE 7th VOYAGE OF SINBAD - Bernard Herrmann

punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Saw the latest trailer of the new upcoming HP movie yesterday. The music was standard trailer stuff but the end contained a new brassy statement of Hedwig's theme I liked. Perhaps Hooper's stuff in this one is better after all tongue

But I seriously want JW back for the final movie. If not JW, then JNH!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Even the Hooper one?

Ah, I probably should have stated that I was talking about the Williams ones (and to a degree, Doyle's).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Uhmmmm? So far so good.....uhm

I'm not talking about the short term. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

I'm with you on this. While the third is the most dramatic, action filled, kick-ass HP score, the first is the one with all the magic and charm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

I'm with you on this. While the third is the most dramatic, action filled, kick-ass HP score, the first is the one with all the magic and charm.

I wish they had released the Troll fight cue on the album...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

I wish they had released the Troll fight cue on the album...

There's some crazy-ass timpani cue when they're running through the forest a some point in the third film. I think it's just before "The Werewolf Scene" but my God is it crazy! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Perhaps, there might be a "Harry Potter expanded box set" after the series is done. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Perhaps, there might be a "Harry Potter expanded box set" after the series is done. cool

Yeah, give it 20 odd years...........
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    LOL, yeah biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I ensure you I am going to be as far away from Demon as possible when a Lion King box set is announced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Partition - Brian Tyler

One of his best works ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    I ensure you I am going to be as far away from Demon as possible when a Lion King box set is announced.

Yeah, let's see who buys one first! cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    I think the Demon might be eating Miya's dust on trying to get that one... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Partition - Brian Tyler

One of his best works ever.

Totally agree, love the themes and orchestration. Hope Tyler delivers one of this kind again....and soon.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you