• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorFrank
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010 edited
    Yesterday I received The Flyboys by Lisle Moore (not to be confused with Flyboys by Trevor Rabin). The Flyboys is an independent film about two boys from a small town who find their courage tested when they accidentally stow away aboard an airplane owned by the mob. It's a great movie and the score has some nice adventure, action, drama and suspense cues.

It took about 4 years to get this movie released and will be available on DVD in the US this summer. However, the international cut of this film (which is released as Sky Kids and is 20 minutes shorter than the US theatrical cut) is already available on DVD in Australia, The Netherlands and the UK. You can order the CD for The Flyboys on the official movie site at www.theflyboysmovie.com (go to the store).
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    Don Davis - The Matrix Reloaded (fourth copy)
    Michael Kamen - The Three Musketeers (second copy)
    Michael Kamen - Lethal Weapon 2
    Jay Chattaway - Star Trek Voyager: Caretaker
    John Lurie - Get Shorty
    Benoit Jutras - Cirque du Soleil: Quidam
    Steve Willaert - Stille Waters (third copy)
    Cees Slings & Marleen Visser - Medisch Centrum West (second copy)
    Michal Lorenc - Przedwiosnie (second copy)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh, you bought something new too!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Joep wrote
    (fourth copy)
    (second copy)
    (third copy)
    (second copy)
    (second copy)

You're weird.
  1. Steven wrote
    Joep wrote
    (fourth copy)
    (second copy)
    (third copy)
    (second copy)
    (second copy)

You're weird.

Tell that to Joep's doppelganger. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Tell that to Joep's doppelganger. shocked

He belongs to 2 gangs?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    You've probably answered this before, Joep, but why do you like to have so many copies of albums?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He re-sells them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh. I was hoping for a far more exciting answer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Imagine someone from sae or bsx started posting here about all the extra copies of cd's they purchase!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Southall wrote

Like what? "I wanted to hear the music again"? :?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    Southall wrote

Like what? "I wanted to hear the music again"? :?

Only if it was followed by: "......and again"

"......and again"

"......and again"

"......and again"
  2. No he actually gives a copy to Joep 2, another copy to Joep 3. Joep 4 sometimes doesn't want a copy, unless it's to play frisbee with, Joep 4 has some mental issues but don't tell anyone that. If you've seen 'Multiplicity' you'll get the picture.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    No he actually gives a copy to Joep 2, another copy to Joep 3. Joep 4 sometimes doesn't want a copy, unless it's to play frisbee with, Joep 4 has some mental issues but don't tell anyone that. If you've seen 'Multiplicity' you'll get the picture.

it shows you're not at work now
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Yeah exactly, like I wouldn't post complete nonsense while at work... rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    Some purchases from an online used book/CD store:

Iris - James Horner
    Ice Age - David Newman
    Back To The Future Part III - Alan Silvestri
    (yeah I didn't have it properly shame )
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Miya wrote

Back To The Future Part III - Alan Silvestri (yeah I didn't have it properly shame )

Just make sure you listen to it in chronological order! (Of course, you don't have to... but it's a lot better if you do. wink)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010 edited
    Arrived today:

I feel like I'm already familiar with the score because I've been talking about it, hearing it in context etc., but it's great to have the CD at last. I prefer the soaring bits, not too keen on the action music.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Steven wrote
    Miya wrote

Back To The Future Part III - Alan Silvestri (yeah I didn't have it properly shame )

Just make sure you listen to it in chronological order! (Of course, you don't have to... but it's a lot better if you do. wink)

Thanks! I take a note of it biggrin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  5. Thor wrote
    Arrived today:

I feel like I'm already familiar with the score because I've been talking about it, hearing it in context etc., but it's great to have the CD at last. I prefer the soaring bits, not too keen on the action music.

Agreed. The action music feels pretty uninteresting. Especially the final battle cue, it doesn't hold a candle to Zorro's 'The Train'. There's just no sense of going somewhere in that cue, there's no building intensity. I hate to say it but it's not a score I'm going to be playing much in my life, that's for certain... Maybe Avatar 2 will win me over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You two suck balls. The action music is awesome (if derivative).
  6. Hah !

Krull's action music is awesome ! punk

Beat that !!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, and so is Star Wars' action music. I don't see your point? confused
  7. So saying Avatar's action music is near the same awesomeness that Krull clearly is... is just... not right mate! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But I didn't? I think the action music in Avatar is excellent, but in rather different way to Krull. Both, to me, are just as exciting as each other I will admit - Krull just happens to have that denser, more traditional sound that most yearn for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    But I didn't? I think the action music in Avatar is excellent, but in rather different way to Krull. Both, to me, are just as exciting as each other I will admit - Krull just happens to have that denser, more traditional sound that most yearn for.

I don't think KRULL has much action music at all. Perhaps "Ride of the Firemares", but for the most part, it's really lots of horror music, stingers and sturm-und-drang, which I dislike (I have the 2CD thingie). I appreciate the compositions and everything, and I even get much pleasure from a couple of tracks, but for the most part it's not really my cup of tea.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The 2 disc version is a little too much for me, I have to admit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    The original album works best for me. I just edited the full release (with its superior sound) down to the original album's playlist and think that's magnificent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Aye, same here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    The 2 disc version is a little too much for me, I have to admit.

Not me, I love EVERY second of it! awesome score punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt