• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The last three tracks of UP are total waste of space, as they're sound FX from the film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010 edited
    Luis Bacalov - The Love Letter
    Vincent van Warmerdam - Grimm
    Gianni Ferra - Vivi O Preferibilmente Morti
    Halfdan E - Drabet, Arven & Bænken (great release of the film trilogy)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010
    Joep, how's Luis Bacalov - The Love Letter? Let me know please.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. I have a copy of Debney's "The Passion", for sale or trade, should anybody want that after reading the comments on the previous page.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote

It's very good! Top Bacalov!

Don't know if this one will go through but I just ordered the FSM Superman box set and FSM Elmer Bernstein Film Music Collection box set from Turner Classics website for $40 each (saw it on FSM message board). It's either a goof-up with the prices or an intentional discount. If it works out then awesome! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    BhelPuri wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It's very good! Top Bacalov!

Don't know if this one will go through but I just ordered the FSM Superman box set and FSM Elmer Bernstein Film Music Collection box set from Turner Classics website for $40 each (saw it on FSM message board). It's either a goof-up with the prices or an intentional discount. If it works out then awesome! punk

Wow. The Bernstein collection is brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    BhelPuri wrote

Prepare for an order cancelation email soon.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. I've just ordered Trevor Jones / RTVE Orchestra of Madrid Symphonic Concert (2 CD Set) through his website.

Looking forward to hear the concert versions of many of the beloved scores (Merlin, The Mighty, Last of the Mohicans) and some that I'm unfamiliar with (Aegis, Dominic & Eugene, The Last Place on Earth). I haven't been able to find a review of this album yet so maybe Thomas can do the very first, if he still has time that is.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2010
    I'll review it for you right now:

It's very good, especially if you like Trevor Jones.

It's a capsule review I'm working on.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Got my Blue Max this morning, now that was really fast delivery from Intrada. Still waiting for two deliveries from SAE ( usually quick ) which shipped a week before the Intrada.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. If it makes you feel better, I'm still waiting for Innerspace to arrive, order placed around the beginning of december. sad

Being sick of waiting I've done the unthinkable, I bought it on ebay, still moderately priced. If the other one arrives, I'll have a double which I'll be able to make huge profit from sometime in the future. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    If it makes you feel better, I'm still waiting for Innerspace to arrive, order placed around the beginning of december. sad

Being sick of waiting I've done the unthinkable, I bought it on ebay, still moderately priced. If the other one arrives, I'll have a double which I'll be able to make huge profit from sometime in the future. tongue

Who did you order the first copy from?

When my Intrada order (including Back to the Future) didn't turn up, they were happy to just send me another - I didn't have to pay. Did you check with whoever sent you Innerspace? Maybe they would do the same thing.
  5. Original order from Lalaland. I've told the guys at Lala to wait a bit longer before sending another copy. I may want to review that decision.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Erik Woods wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

-Erik-

Yep! I knew it was likely to be cancelled. But atleast worth a try. I did make maximum use of the Michel Legrand 4 cd set for $20 a while back, and the $5 for Morricone's Baaria!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    $20 for the Legrand set is a bargain, lots of fabulous obscurities as well as well known tracks on that. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    BhelPuri wrote

-Erik-

Yep! I knew it was likely to be cancelled. But atleast worth a try. I did make maximum use of the Michel Legrand 4 cd set for $20 a while back, and the $5 for Morricone's Baaria!

Yes, I made the Legrand bargain too and am very pleased with it. Now if only the Delerue set could appear in similar price territory...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    I've just ordered Trevor Jones / RTVE Orchestra of Madrid Symphonic Concert (2 CD Set) through his website.

Looking forward to hear the concert versions of many of the beloved scores (Merlin, The Mighty, Last of the Mohicans) and some that I'm unfamiliar with (Aegis, Dominic & Eugene, The Last Place on Earth). I haven't been able to find a review of this album yet so maybe Thomas can do the very first, if he still has time that is.

You'll love it! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    I've just ordered Trevor Jones / RTVE Orchestra of Madrid Symphonic Concert (2 CD Set) through his website.

You'll love it! beer

applause

In addition I've bought Quigley Down Under (Poledouris, the Prometheus one) and Loch Ness (Jones). Some good times await me !!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote

In addition I've bought Quigley Down Under (Poledouris, the Prometheus one) and Loch Ness (Jones). Some good times await me !!!

Quigley Down Under by Basil Poledouris is one of my favourites .
    An excellent buy Gilles !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    Original order from Lalaland. I've told the guys at Lala to wait a bit longer before sending another copy. I may want to review that decision.

please email them, this is not normal.
    I've think you've been patient enough

As for myself, I've ordered AVATAR, just wanted to have it as well smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Original order from Lalaland. I've told the guys at Lala to wait a bit longer before sending another copy. I may want to review that decision.

Dude, you know what's not normal? Me buying a second copy while the first is still somewhere and could still arrive. face-palm-mt

I admit it, I've lost my marbles... shame
  9. I decided to go for Goldsmith's Islands In The Stream and am awaiting it's arrival. I've been reading some positive comments on how much better the original tracks are compared to the re-recording that has been available and I'm looking forward to hearing it in the next week or so.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I decided to go for Goldsmith's Islands In The Stream and am awaiting it's arrival. I've been reading some positive comments on how much better the original tracks are compared to the re-recording that has been available and I'm looking forward to hearing it in the next week or so.

Me too but it's taking it's time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I decided to go for Goldsmith's Islands In The Stream and am awaiting it's arrival. I've been reading some positive comments on how much better the original tracks are compared to the re-recording that has been available and I'm looking forward to hearing it in the next week or so.

I never had an issue with the sound of the re-recording!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

I wonder if Alan means the fact that Jerry didn't include the action music, the rerecording was a much more linear listen, there wasn't anything wrong with the recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

I wonder if Alan means the fact that Jerry didn't include the action music, the rerecording was a much more linear listen, there wasn't anything wrong with the recording.

I'm curious about the action music as well. I've read a lot of harsh comments at FSM and I can't believe how many people are bashing Intrada's release.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Seems harsh considering how many people considered the score a holy grail? Personally I think it's a very good score and speaking of which I just received this in todays post...

Islands In The Stream - Goldsmith
    La Piscine - Legrand
    Daybreakers - Gordon

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

-Erik-

I'm curious about the action music as well. I've read a lot of harsh comments at FSM and I can't believe how many people are bashing Intrada's release.

-Erik-

I think the Intrada release is excellent, but people have been heavily critical of it for as long as I remember. I guess they hear things I can't.
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Dude, you know what's not normal? Me buying a second copy while the first is still somewhere and could still arrive. face-palm-mt

I admit it, I've lost my marbles... shame

you're a twat wink
    besides, I'm baffled you were still able to pick up a copy, isn't this one sold out? tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh