• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Recent download purchases:

Coco & Igor - Gabriel Yared. This could turn out to be my favourite Yared score. Thanks Michael!

Saved a bit on S&H!

Where are you guys getting this score from? Amazon says it releases only in Jan 26th.

Ah never mind. Downloads!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009 edited
    Alan did say it was Download.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Joep wrote
    Son of

a bitch!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    Son of

Jor-el?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Joep wrote
    Son of

The Mask. vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    a bitch?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    a bitch?

See Erik's post a bit further back tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    Son of

Kong?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Joep wrote
    Son of

Sam? shocked
  1. Crap. My Lalalaland order with Innerspace still hasn't arrived. I know about the holiday delays and all, but it's been nearly a month. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    Crap. My Lalalaland order with Innerspace still hasn't arrived. I know about the holiday delays and all, but it's been nearly a month. sad

so sad to hear that ... but you had to buy it from SA in the end
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Still waiting for Back to the Future, a month after it was posted.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I got a 'shipped' mail for Poledouris A Whale For The Killing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

If it's any conciliation, I got mine for Christmas and have been enjoying thoroughly since.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

If it's any conciliation, I got mine for Christmas and have been enjoying thoroughly since.

Great news.
  3. James Horner - Avatar
    Danny Elfman - Edward Scissorhands
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. One of Elfman's best. You're in for a real treat.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. I know it, I replaced old mp3s.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I know it, I replaced old mp3s.

Were they worn out?
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Crap. My Lalalaland order with Innerspace still hasn't arrived. I know about the holiday delays and all, but it's been nearly a month. sad

so sad to hear that ... but you had to buy it from SA in the end

Don't I know that !! sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2009
    Piero Piccioni - I Giovani Tigri
    Ennio Morricone - Crescete E Moltiplicate
    Ennio Morricone - Il Fiore Delle Mille E Una Notte
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    WALL-E

Wow! i was totally mesmerised at first listen. It was like love at first sight. Newman again proved as damn good composer of this era. In fact, i don't have words to describe about this score. I am very very glad to own this score album.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote
    WALL-E

Wow! i was totally mesmerised at first listen. It was like love at first sight. Newman again proved as damn good composer of this era. In fact, i don't have words to describe about this score. I am very very glad to own this score album.

Absolutely adored the movie and the score gained a lot more meaning afterwards, at least i was able to appreciate it after the initial let-down on CD, before i watched the film.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Joep wrote
    Ennio Morricone - Il Fiore Delle Mille E Una Notte

Good God! I was glad to get rid of that score. There was hardly anything likeable or even listenable for me (maybe one decent theme with many 'variations'). I hope you did not pay more than 2 Eur for it.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Sunil wrote
    WALL-E

Absolutely adored the movie and the score gained a lot more meaning afterwards, at least i was able to appreciate it after the initial let-down on CD, before i watched the film.

indeed, listening to the score before having seen the film wasn't a good experience, after it, it all made more sense

lately, I've been encountering this with a lot of movie scores (Let the Right One In, UP, Ratatouille, Wall E), I need to see the movie to get the full picture behind the score, I think this is also another part of evolution movie music of today is going through, it's much more fixated on the visuals nowadays
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    Good God! I was glad to get rid of that score. There was hardly anything likeable or even listenable for me (maybe one decent theme with many 'variations'). I hope you did not pay more than 2 Eur for it.

I had to spend the 25 euros of a webshop gift coupon. So I bought a few scores for 7,99 each. I know he used a lot of organ.

New:
    De Scheepsjongen van de Bontekoe - containing 15 minutes of Ronald Schilperoort score and 10 horrible songs as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Sunil wrote
    WALL-E

indeed, listening to the score before having seen the film wasn't a good experience, after it, it all made more sense

lately, I've been encountering this with a lot of movie scores (Let the Right One In, UP, Ratatouille, Wall E), I need to see the movie to get the full picture behind the score, I think this is also another part of evolution movie music of today is going through, it's much more fixated on the visuals nowadays

No it's because we are so overwhelmed with music, especially the kind we can listen to before it's even available legally. There was a time way back when you could only hear film music in the films, discovering it on album after you had seen the film was the standard back then. Now, sadly it's the other way around.
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    No it's because we are so overwhelmed with music, especially the kind we can listen to before it's even available legally. There was a time way back when you could only hear film music in the films, discovering it on album after you had seen the film was the standard back then. Now, sadly it's the other way around.

I don't think so, in the 80's and 90's you could listen to music and you didn't need to see the movie to fully appreciate it, nowadays it's all more about underscoring the action or drama on screen, luckily there are still exceptions
  9. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I don't think so, in the 80's and 90's you could listen to music and you didn't need to see the movie to fully appreciate it, nowadays it's all more about underscoring the action or drama on screen, luckily there are still exceptions

Well that's true too. Quality hasn't exactly been on the rise since the 80s and 90s.

And you noticed bro, I'm at work, but actually not working, because there's nothing to do! shame
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    And you noticed bro, I'm at work, but actually not working, because there's nothing to do! shame

you should be lucky, I was at work today, and I needed to work dizzy