• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, I happen to support the Giants, so I am admittedly somehow worried about the outcome of the Packers game!

I hope Houston beats Baltimore then!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2012
    I think the best game could be New Orleans vs San Francisco but these games are hard to predict but here is my list.
    New Orleans over S.F.
    Green Bay over NYG
    New England over Denver
    Baltimore over Houston
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2012
    The superbowl this year will be New England vs New York Giants.
    Tom
  2. And that makes me very happy. I saw the Patriots game and it was very exciting (though while I was supporting the Patriots, I felt very sorry for that wide left Cundiff miss and seeing the completely shocked faces of Ravens' players was priceless). I didn't see the NY Giants game, because it was too late.

Whatever happens, I will *not* miss this year's Superbowl and I hope I may catch the Pro Bowl, if it's aired in Europe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This is an east coast superbowl this year.
    tom
  3. Where is New England based? Boston?
  4. Foxborough, Massachusetts - an hour or so outside Boston.
  5. Oh thanks, I was wondering smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Where is New England based? Boston?

They are pretty much considered Boston's team.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
    Happy to see the Kings in the Stanley Cup final.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
    And they won the first game!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
    One of the most BORING Stanley Cup Finals games I've ever seen! sleep

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. the european championship is starting next week. Considering we're here with a numerous selection of different nationalities, is anyone excited about their country's performances?

we Belgians have not qualified ourselves (once again), so I'm hoping for Spain (most beautiful football on earth)
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012
    I want ENGLAND to win but then I would also like to be the first man in the Solar System to summit Olympus Mons, it ain't gonna happen!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. I wonder if the tournament will have any disturbance as a result of crowd trouble? There does seem to be a problem with racism amongst a hardline group of people who go to the domestic games, but I am not sure how much of an issue it is in these countries or whether the media here are stirring things up a bit.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    One of the most BORING Stanley Cup Finals games I've ever seen! sleep

-Erik-

You could be right but they won again so they're two away from the cup. Would you honestly make the same statement if it was Vancouver vs Toronto for the cup? Being from So. Ca. I'm pulling for the Kings. As a #8 seed they've done fine.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012 edited
    Sucky hockey is sucky hockey. Sure, would love it if the Leafs were 2 games away from a Cup victory but this series isn't going to bring in any new fans. Game 2 sucked even more than Game 1.

-Erik-

PS - Jonathan Quick's gear... yeah, my brother designed them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sucky hockey is sucky hockey. Sure, would love it if the Leafs were 2 games away from a Cup victory but this series isn't going to bring in any new fans. Game 2 sucked even more than Game 1.

-Erik-

PS - Jonathan Quick's gear... yeah, my brother designed them!

Somehow my friend I think you'd be in heaven if your Leafs were in the final. I'm a regular listener of ESPN in the evening before retiring and I can tell you the cup coverage is awful. All they seem to talk about is basketball. And then when a small segment does come on Melrose is horrible. His comments make no sense at all.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    ESPN doesn't cover live games any more ever since the NHL worked out a deal with NBC so they only give a minimal amount of air time to the NHL. It was expected.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
    Minimum is certainly the right word
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2012
    I was hoping for a sweep but they lost. Still lead the series 3-1
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2012
    They scored 6 goals to win the cup 4-2. And remember going in they were a #8 seed.
    Tom cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2012
    Hey, anyone following the EURO 2012 here? There's been some pretty good matches, esp. the second half of Spain-Italy.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. following the ek yes, so far the games are pretty decent (especially because the referees keep the pace in the game, and not constantly stop it for tiny fouls)

Italy surprised me too, they played good football against the champion
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. I've been following the Euro 2012 tournament too. The football has been reasonable but, so far, the TV commentators have been atrocious. For the most part their comments have lacked insight and have been bordering on the inane. Last night's ITV commentary on the England game was so biased that it nearly balanced the preferential treatment the referee seemed to be giving the French!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2012
    Our local team the Padres ended the first half of their season at 32-54 not very good. Our problem is the ownership is in transition so the current owner is reluctant to spend any money.
    Tom
  10. The topic heading "World of Sports" reminded me of something I came across in one of the remote Sky channels the other day - and may only really be of interest to Tim.

There were several programmes listed on a couple of channels called "World of Sport". This reminded me of an old (mid-70s?) ITV sports programme that was on on Saturday afternoons that was fronted by someone called Dickie Davies.

One of the main sports I remember being featured on this show was wrestling and I was curious to see what the programme I had found was related to this old show. Although it was not re-runs of these old programmes, it was a compilation of a lot of the old wrestling matches that were on.

1970s wrestling has not aged well! You only have a slight inkling that it's all for show and is entirely fixed, but seeing it again the other day I wonder how this managed to get on a programme that supposedly showed sports: the wrestling was obviously just a well-choreographed, physical "dance".

It was good to see it again - even if it was just for a couple of minutes.

One-a, twoooo-a, threeeee-a, ....!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I remember it well and used to love it! cheesy

I think ITV had to "scrape the barrel" so to speak as BBC had monopoly on nearly all the high profile sports.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Did anyone see the Wimbledon final yesterday? Great match -- lots of nerve. Especially with all the historical significance for both Murray and Federer.

It's a great sports summer, by the way -- first the Euro playoffs, then Tour de France, then Wimbledon, then the Olympics in London!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2012 edited
    It was a fantastic final! I was looking forward to witnessing how the psychologic factors surrounding the game ebbed out, considering Federer's experience as 6-time winner at Wimbledon, and Murray's hope to be the first British winner since 1936. It surprised me somewhat that Federer had such an inaccurate game at first, and strived to find his rhythm in the first two sets. But I guess it just shows some of the subtle dynamics of the sport: its a competition between only two athletes, and that intimate fact makes the psychologic edge so much more apparant, and the intensity of a game so elevated. In hindsight, it seemed as though Federer trusted his game rhythm would come, eventually, and remained calm and focused no matter the severeness of his number of early unforced errors. Considering the quality of Murray's challenge, I found that to be breathtakingly impressive and a deserved victory.