• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014
    Stavroula wrote
    Sorry to hear about your troubles boys. How are you both doing? To make you feel that you are not alone I can tell you I had a disagreement with a knife and I'm sporting a few stiches since Friday evening.

Annoying that. Knives tend to disproportionally win such altercations.
    As do concrete sidewalks or brick walls.
    Highly unfair.

Martijn, when you say you took some antibiotics you mean you asked a doctor beforehand, didn't you?

Anti-biotics are not at all available under the counter in The Netherlands, Stavri.
    Always prescribed by a doctor. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2014
    Just went to a local shop, literally a minute or two ago and almost got run over by two male cyclists.

Here is the entire and exact word exchange between us.

one of them ( in angry shouty voice ): 'watch where you're going you blind cunt!'

Me ( loud voice ): Get some lights you ignorant pricks!

Seeing as there were two of them I'm glad ( in retrospect ) that they didn't stop.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Do you live in a neighbourhood as depicted in the Michael Caine movie HARRY BROWN?
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Just went to a local shop, literally a minute or two ago and almost got run over by two male cyclists.

one of them ( in angry shouty voice ): 'watch where you're going you blind cunt!'

Seeing as there were two of them I'm glad ( in retrospect ) that they didn't stop.

Has the Tour of Britain reached Bristol already?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No. Thankfully.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Has the Tour of Britain reached Bristol already?

That time of the year to throw nails on the road again is it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Do you live in a neighbourhood as depicted in the Michael Caine movie HARRY BROWN?

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2014
    Timmer wrote

You're my new hero. I always stand there looking confused when people yell something rude at me, and a few minutes later when they're long gone I come up with the perfect comeback. It can be very frustrating being me sometimes.

Peter slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That is usually me too though Peter. Exactly the same, someone is rude, minutes after I think of the perfect comeback. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Apple is discontinuing the Ipod Classic. shocked

I know streaming and flash is all the rage, but it was the ONLY music player out there that could hold enough of my humongous, highly eclectic collection. So if and when my current iPod gives up the ghost, I actually have to downgrade!

And don't give me that "but everything is in the cloud" malarkey. That is absolutely useless when abroad -unless you're a millionaire who doesn't mind thousands of dollars roaming costs- or for eight hours on a boat or plane or so.

Used to be that I brought dozens of cassette tapes with me on such occasions, many aeons ago.
    I guess my only alternative for the future is to bring three or four iPod Touch thingies. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What did you expect? The thing was already on borrowed time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm annoyed that Apple have gone the way of making HUGE phones. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    THEY SHOULD CALL IT THE DOM-JOLLY!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They really bloody should! It's a ridiculously sized phone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Here it compared to an iPhone 4.

face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    What did you expect?

I expect there to be a proper alternative!
    It's like phasing out the old light bulb all over again: it took years for a reasonable, working alternative to come along. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    My shoulder is really hurting at the moment. Starts off in the morning not too bad but by mid-morning the whole area of my collarbone throbs and is painful to the touch.

First appeared on Wednesday after cutting the grass. The pain is in the same side I broke my collarbone over 15 years ago. Mobility on that side has never been 100% since then and I am wondering if I have aggravated something. Whatever it is, the constant pain is a real annoyance.

The appearance of a skin rash on my arm on the side I have the pain more or less signalled shingles. And a visit to the docs this morning confirmed it.

sad

If you can be grateful Alan I had shingles but I got it in my eye. Lost the eyesight for a bit in my left eye.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2014 edited
    Martijn wrote

I know streaming and flash is all the rage, but it was the ONLY music player out there that could hold enough of my humongous, highly eclectic collection. So if and when my current iPod gives up the ghost, I actually have to downgrade!

And don't give me that "but everything is in the cloud" malarkey. That is absolutely useless when abroad -unless you're a millionaire who doesn't mind thousands of dollars roaming costs- or for eight hours on a boat or plane or so.

Used to be that I brought dozens of cassette tapes with me on such occasions, many aeons ago.
    I guess my only alternative for the future is to bring three or four iPod Touch thingies. sad

Sorry to hear that. I'm with you, and I "only" have a 120 GB iPod Classic as opposed to your 160 GB (if memory serves). It could hold my entire collection up untill a few months ago, when my collection superseded that size.

In either case, I'm holding on to mine for as long as I can, even if people will point at me and tell me how dated I am (I already have that with my ancient Nokia cell phone which isn't even a smart phone).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well, that's fine. I still use a 2007 iPod Nano. Great little thing. (If you were using a portable CD player or cassette player, then those people might have a point...)
  2. Sadly Creative also discontinued their hard-drive player.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

Give it another year and we'll have 256gb of flash in the next iPhone, so it's not all bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2014 edited
    True. Sadly the iPhone NOW is already 600 Euros, while the iPod Classic went for 250 Euros. slant
    So that's gonna be one hell of an expensive replacement.

EDIT: and there the solution presents itself: long-term value!
    I expect an iPhone with 256 GB to come in at about 800 Euros.
    ...so I'm buying three replacement Classics NOW while they're still available!
  3. sdtom wrote
    If you can be grateful Alan I had shingles but I got it in my eye. Lost the eyesight for a bit in my left eye.
    Tom

That sounds awful Tom. Glad you got sight back in the end though.

I am on a week's course of antivirals so hopefully things should feel a bit better soon.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Martijn wrote

Yes, this is an absolute nightmare for me as well. Although I am getting near to the 160GB limit on my iPod Classic and will welcome any large-capacity media player, the thought of being unable to get a replacement for my current player when it dies is annoying.

Either I am going to have to downsize to a smaller-capacity device - and therefore review all my favourite tracks on my current device - or have several devices with my current playlist spread over the 3-4 smaller players. This latter option is a non-starter: what I like about having the one device is that I have all the tracks I want to choose from available to me for when my "random" choice is made. If I have the tracks spread over 3-4 devices I then lose the option to potentially listen to all my tracks - I have to choose a set and play random tracks from that single subset. Not what I want to be able to do.

One thing I am curious about is whether the iPod Classic someone was selling yesterday at $X is now being sold today for $(X + scarcity premium)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom

That sounds awful Tom. Glad you got sight back in the end though.

I am on a week's course of antivirals so hopefully things should feel a bit better soon.

I got very little sleep for a week as I had to put these refrigerated eyedrops (antiviral) every two hours with no skipping. It did come back but the vision is slightly less than the right eye.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  5. Martijn wrote

Aw, crap. I had just decided to get one of these for Christmas, as I'm nearing the ceiling of my 16gb iPhone (and that's just my 4-5-star cues playlist that's on there). Might have to get it a little earlier now, and I don't know if I can afford it at the moment. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2014
    Timmer wrote

You wouldn't have a problem my friend, you're a mountain from what i seem to remember from some photos of you wink Btw why are so many cyclists in UK such cunts? (from what i read around). What gives?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I'm annoyed that Apple have gone the way of making HUGE phones. slant

Apple Schmapple. Overhyped and overpriced junk that everybody runs to throw money at. Gone is the elitism of the past. I find android devices (huawei, samsung, lg, google nexus etc) to be much more of value for money, customization, quality (especially the more expensive models which also outshame the apple products specs-wise).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2014 edited
    Demetris wrote
    You wouldn't have a problem my friend, you're a mountain from what i seem to remember from some photos of you wink Btw why are so many cyclists in UK such cunts? (from what i read around). What gives?

I don't know D? Do the British have a bad reputation for being nasty cyclists in other countries? ( I wouldn't tar all with the same brush but there IS a lot of shit cyclists here )

Also D, I'm a Mountain Man not a mountain of a man though if my belly keeps expanding I'll be able to do a great impression of Ayers Rock* whilst led down. wink. I can handle myself if I need to but I hate violence and I'll avoid it whenever possible.

*or Uluru as it's now correctly known
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

I don't know D? Do the British have a bad reputation for being nasty cyclists in other countries? ( I wouldn't tar all with the same brush but there IS a lot of shit cyclists here )

No, just in the UK.