• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    D., stop being so damn defensive. It's not 'early for facts'. Facts happen when they happen, and care little if their timing is incovenient for you.
    Your Calimero-like insistence on the idea that 'all the mean big bullies are just picking on poor Greece' coupled with the magical thinking that 'surely it could never be that li'l Greece could have an impact' is wearing incredibly thin, especially coupled with your continued dismissal of FACTS (continuously demanding them and dismissing them at the same time).

My arguments stand: ALL of them, not just the ones cherrypicked and perverted into some twisted meaning that was neither intended OR conveyed.

That several European economies were in dire straits already is a fact.
    That the Greek government lied on a catastrophic level is a fact.
    That the Euro plummeted immediately after is a fact.

That the EU may have helped the failing economies in a less panickstricken climate than we have now is conjecture (but reasonable).
    That the Greek government's baldfaced lies did nothing to create this climate is demonstrably utter rubbish.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010 edited
    Martjin the whole debate is getting tiring and you two are not going to agree in anyway so let it rest both of you. I want to think myself as a responsible EUropean citizen but at the specific moment of time I don't give a fuck about european economy and the rest. Two things I know: 1. from my already low salary there going to be an amount of about 200 euros to be cut every month and 2. I want the Greek politicians who are responsible for these (in a depth of 20 years) in jail. And being the only one truly (for now I'm afraid) affected (D is affected too in certain aspects) of what the rest of you talk about just theoreticaly I think I'm entitled to express myself this way.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Your situation (and that of most Greeks) is very depressing, and it shouldn't have been.
    I'm sorry you find the debate tiring. Even though it's a subject of great interest for to me, I'll stop it for now.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Don't stop on my account by all means! It's not your debate here tiring. The whole situation which is going on for days is tiring. Believe me you are lucky you don't have access to the Greek TV! The horror! The horror! I'm reading your posts carefuly and they are really interesting. Go on as much as you like, I just think you will have to agree to disagree! rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I still love both my Greeks. kiss beer (choose icon as appropriate)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010
    Great news for Greece! Some positive air in the Eurozone at last..i really hope other countries learn from our previous government's mistakes so that our example won't be repeated.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010 edited
    ^ I am talking about the French-German agreement on funding Greece's debt from E.U funds and the International Monetary Fund as well as drastic co-operation and changes in the E.U so that what our previous government did won't be repeated from any other country in the E.U.

Also, here's something interesting as well:

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary

GREEK INDEPENDENCE DAY: A NATIONAL DAY OF CELEBRATION OF GREEK AND AMERICAN
    DEMOCRACY, 2009

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

FULL ARTICLE
    here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_off … dence-Day/
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Great news for Greece! Some positive air in the Eurozone at last..i really hope other countries learn from our previous government's mistakes so that our example won't be repeated.

It's a last scenario they proposed right? But you will be able to get money for a fair/lower interest, but only when it is really necessary. Apparently Belgium will offer 2 billion dollars if that moment may arrive. I didn't knew we had so much money left? rolleyes

Good news though it seems! I hope your country gets through all the struggle (Stavi's news about the paycheck is terrible though slant ) but it's a first step for stability I hope?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2010
    Yeah, very low rates compared to the initially feared extremely high ones.

As for the paycheck, yeap, we are all affected as we speak.

I think it's the first time for stability indeed, at least i hope so!
  1. Poland also stated (not in Eurozone though) that we will help Greece.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2010 edited
    I was tempted to put this in the What Made Your Day A Little Better thread (it sure as fuck wasn't going into the R.I.P. In Memoriam thread), but at the end I considered that TOO cynical.

Eugene Terreblanche, the mad, racist, militant Apartheid champion, was found murdered this morning, battered to death due -apparently- to a wage dispute with some farm hands.
    Nazi-esque Terreblanche (whose full name -eerily- translates to Wellborn White Earth) was a very real threat to the fledgeling post-Apartheid South Africa in the late eighties, with some real concerns that his well armed, well provisioned, hyperlibertarian and rich followers might stage a coup or secede a significant part of South Africa for a whites-only homeland.

In later years his status and following dwindled, and while he never regretted or softened his rabid and despicable racial views, his maniacal Utopian views of a white supremacy over Africa were in time no longer taken seriously even by the staunchest of anti-Mandela proponents.

This was a man who lived his life in hatred, bias and intolerance, happy to kill and destroy for those goals.
    The world is a better place without the likes of him.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2010
    True! But I foresee much violence in the wake of this.

You know Martijn, that even BIGGER news than this was Ricky -'she bangs, she bangs' - Martin coming out as gay, I was so shocked I could have crushed a grape.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    True! But I foresee much violence in the wake of this.

In all sincerity I doubt that: South-African violence currently is far more gang and tribe related than race related.

You know Martijn, that even BIGGER news than this was Ricky -'she bangs, she bangs' - Martin coming out as gay, I was so shocked I could have crushed a grape.

The only shock I experienced was that Martin actually only came out of the closet now? dizzy Could it be that maybe Mr. Martin's latest single isn't selling very well? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ricky coming out as gay is akin to Bill Gates saying I'm extremely rich.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    I was tempted to put this in the What Made Your Day A Little Better thread (it sure as fuck wasn't going into the R.I.P. In Memoriam thread), but at the end I considered that TOO cynical.

Eugene Terreblanche, the mad, racist, militant Apartheid champion, was found murdered this morning, battered to death due -apparently- to a wage dispute with some farm hands.
    Nazi-esque Terreblanche (whose full name -eerily- translates to Wellborn White Earth) was a very real threat to the fledgeling post-Apartheid South Africa in the late eighties, with some real concerns that his well armed, well provisioned, hyperlibertarian and rich followers might stage a coup or secede a significant part of South Africa for a whites-only homeland.

In later years his status and following dwindled, and while he never regretted or softened his rabid and despicable racial views, his maniacal Utopian views of a white supremacy over Africa were in time no longer taken seriously even by the staunchest of anti-Mandela proponents.

This was a man who lived his life in hatred, bias and intolerance, happy to kill and destroy for those goals.
    The world is a better place without the likes of him.

The world certainly the potential of being a better place without such people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    Very sad and shocking photo albums from the recent Crisis in Kyrgyzstan.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/0 … zstan.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010
    The same too can be said about our coal landslide disaster. I've heard the owner had been sited for previous violations.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  2. An unprecedented event in history of the world. During landing on the airport of Smolensk (at the 4th trial) Polish government plane crashed, killing 88 people, including our President and his wife, the whole military leadership (all chiefs of staffs), the Citizen Rights Representative and many parliament members. We basically lost all our chain of command.

It's a sad day of mourning in Poland and I am at a loss of words, because this never happened before and we don't quite know what to feel and how to react. The state will function as the Constitution predicted such an event, but still, this is a tragic and unprecedented event.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010
    shocked

Wow, that´s tragic Pawel. I read in the news that the central bank governor was also on that plane.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Yes, he was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Holy shit! That is incredible!

How could it have been arranged SO carelessly that everyone was one the same plane?
    Surely there must have been protocols for that?

What a terrible event, Pawel.
    My sympathies to your poor beset-upon country. sad
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Really tragic Pawel. I saw it on the news earlier today. Your country's citizens must be devastated.
  4. It's very sad news, Pawel. In a way it's almost unbelievable; something that only happens in Hollywood action movies.

I know that in many companies there are policies that limit the number of employees that can travel on the same flights.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Yes, this event has a very Tom Clancy feel to it, to be honest. Makes it even harder to believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The fact that they were all traveling on the same plane is well open for investigation. Hopefully, all will go well in your country.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
  6. The state will survive, basic decisions according to constitution were already made, but it will seriously kick in only after the shock is over.

But on an intellectual level? Purely?

We lost hell of a bunch of people and some anti-Communist heroes. We lost the chain of command, intelligent people. It's an intellectual tragedy for the country.
  7. Tragic news man. I hear the president was a man of integrity and intelligence. Once again, it's the good ones that have to go first. My thoughts are with you and your countrymen.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    I only just read about this. Stunned.
  8. I don't know where to write this, so I'll write it here.

The composer Deborah Lurie wrote on my Facebook wall today:

" Thinking of you and your country during this sad time"

I was touched to the core and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the support we get from all countries and the support personally I am getting ont his very forum and Mrs. Deborah Lurie, surely a very busy person who found a while to send sympathies to a guy who's nothing more than a Facebook friend who liked the pictures of her dog.

I am simply amazed.

We are still in shock and the presidential coffin should come to the Warsaw airport anytime now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    Horrific. I'm also with Martijn, I don't understand why so many VIP's were on the came plane? The Tupolov 154 has been involved in six crashes in the last five years and has a large accident record, I'll be interested to hear D's take on this.