• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    I don't know... do you have anyone specific in mind?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    I'm afraid that in a few months there won't be any Greece left to buy. Actually there won't be any Greeks! All these new financial laws there passing and the further cutting down of our salaries is going to send as to the grave.

Hmmm...so could I, like, maybe put in a good bid for some Greeks then?

Just the juicy babes. You don't need anyone else. OR else, just Stavi.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010 edited
    Aaaand our government has now officially fallen. The king accepted the resignation of our prime minister. Perfect timing: 2 months before Belgium takes over the EU Council Presidency for 6 months and in the middle of a crisis, both nationally and internationally.

New elections are on the way, but will be actually illegal because the problem I describe above is not solved. The mayors of these communities have already announced they will boycot the elections.

I'm sure the politicians will find a solution to that problem. And I can predict the same politicians will be elected again, lead by the conservatives. rolleyes
    Kazoo
  1. rolleyes INDEED !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Seeing the lack of replies I can only say this :

Belgium's problems are peanuts. If only the politicians saw it this way.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010
    At least you have the world's best and cheapest beer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010
    That's something isn't it? The other day i tried a mindblowingly good dark Belgian beer whose name i sadly can't remember......Scotland something? Damn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2010 edited
    Scotland? uhm

Was it one of these?
    http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_van_Belgische_bieren

I prefer dark beer as well! You've to try Rodenbach (which is dark red). Unique taste!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like a few of the Belgian beers but the really strong ones taste like syrup vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Bregt wrote
    Scotland? uhm

"Whatcha talkin' about Bregt!?"...

Luckily I'm not on a short fuse at the moment or things could have gotten messy! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Scotland makes great beers and liquors. I've been to a few breweries there. lick

It's alright Alan, I got your back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Scotland? uhm

"Whatcha talkin' about Bregt!?"...

Luckily I'm not on a short fuse at the moment or things could have gotten messy! wink

Demetris said he had drunk a beer with "Scotland" in its name...

Timmer wrote
    I like a few of the Belgian beers but the really strong ones taste like syrup vomit

confused
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, not just Belgian beers, Bregt, but any beer that strays into the 8+% volume range tastes bloody icky vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Bregt wrote
    Some pictures here about the funeral and grief in Poland
    http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/0 … rning.html
    (I know, I just love that website)

Tragic. The third picture made me emotional. There are some beautiful pictures too though, especially the first one.

Peter sad
  4. Bregt wrote
    Aaaand our government has now officially fallen. The king accepted the resignation of our prime minister. Perfect timing: 2 months before Belgium takes over the EU Council Presidency for 6 months and in the middle of a crisis, both nationally and internationally.

New elections are on the way, but will be actually illegal because the problem I describe above is not solved. The mayors of these communities have already announced they will boycot the elections.

I'm sure the politicians will find a solution to that problem. And I can predict the same politicians will be elected again, lead by the conservatives. rolleyes

let me just say this, who needs a government in Belgium?
    these guys haven't done one single thing in about 3 years now, but everything still runs!
    Who needs these guys anyway?

I say throw them all on the street
    what a waste of time and money vomit
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Timmer wrote
    Well, not just Belgian beers, Bregt, but any beer that strays into the 8+% volume range tastes bloody icky vomit

shocked

The logical response is: Does 8+% strong beer even exist in England?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yep. It's called Special Brew (also known as Hobo's Brew).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's an odd statement.

I've never had strong beer that tasted like that. Sounds good though. biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Never heard that one? But now I think of it every time I've seen someone at 9.00AM with a can of that stuff dangling from one hand they've always looked unemployable....not that I regularly see 9.00AM drunks on the street biggrin wink

Is Tennents Super still sold? I think that one was about 10% and tasted by battery acid.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    It's an odd statement.

I've never had strong beer that tasted like that. Sounds good though. biggrin

No! It isn't!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Never heard that one? But now I think of it every time I've seen someone at 9.00AM with a can of that stuff dangling from one hand they've always looked unemployable....not that I regularly see 9.00AM drunks on the street biggrin wink

Is Tennents Super still sold? I think that one was about 10% and tasted by battery acid.

That has slightly less alcohol than Special Brew... not that I would know.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010
    .....of course not.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    p.s. Apparently Tennents is the same strength as Special Brew, 9%.

...I had to look it up, honest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2010 edited
    BUT I KNOW IT HASN'T!

Not that I would know.
  6. I remember there was a Tennent's lager that went the rounds several years ago. It must have been up at about 14-15% strength - and it was horrible! It almost had the consistency of treacle.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I remember there was a Tennent's lager that went the rounds several years ago. It must have been up at about 14-15% strength - and it was horrible! It almost had the consistency of treacle.

Eeeeeuuuwwww! Sounds dreadful, I can't imagine making it through many cans.
  7. Treacle may have been a slight exaggeration but there was certainly a consistency that was thicker than usual.

I don't think that it lasted very long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010 edited
    Things here are going really, really bad. New financial laws are going to be announced tomorrow including 10% more cutting down of my salary (a 10% is already off) and no more christmas and easter bonuses. That means about 4500 euros less per year and 300 euros less per month. Mind you in slararies which are about half the ones of the rest of Europe. The total amount my family loses is 10.000 euros and right now I'm getting paid less than I did last year. I'm really upset and I want to see all these assholes in jail!
    It;s the first time in my life I fell so pessimistic and I know that all the plans and all the hopes I had for the future are not going to be realised.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  8. Really sad to hear that. Our country is a mess as well, a political one but I have to say it's not nearly half as bad as the situation in Greece, from the little I know about it. The world's going to shit and not a thing we can do about it. angry

I wonder how it'll be in a hundred years, or a thousand years from now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010
    It's very sad; we aren't planning anything anymore Stavi, we're just surviving at best.

Sad thing, is that more are probably going to follow. Hope that's prevented in the end, but things aren't looking too good.