• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007
    There were woodwinds in Beverly Hills Cop! tongue
  1. Eddie Murphy got a woodie in big wind? I can't believe Faltermeyer knows what a woodwind instrument is biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Finally National Treasure 2 has appeared at the german iTunes store!

Listening to it right now... oh god, Page 47 is a wet dream for everyone who loved The Village and always wanted to know how it would sound to combine that stuff with RC stuff... extraordinary!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2008
    Woah! HAVE TO GET THIS ASAP!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2008 edited
    The rest of the score is nice, too. Some new stuff, some known stuff, quite generic in parts. A bit harsh to charge nearly 8 Euro for 22.30 minutes, but, well, I´m an RV addict... Maybe you should just purchase track 1 first and decide then for the rest of the album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am a National Treasure 1 addict, will be certainly getting it. And i am an RV addict as well.....well, sometimes at least :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes, a rare case in which 22 minutes are more than enough. This cue you mention is the highlight (featured in the end credits of the movie by the way). Another interesting cue is "Spirit of Paris" (I think it´s the first time that Raibn uses an accordion in a score and he does it in a funny way).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2008
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Page 47 is a wet dream for everyone who loved The Village and always wanted to know how it would sound to combine that stuff with RC stuff...

I can't say that ever crossed my mind lol but, yeah, a very impressive cue nonetheless!

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008
    Composer Trevor Rabin takes on the spy spoof Get Smart, recording his score at the Eastwood Scoring Stage. He uses the main theme from the hit television series that the film is based on, and ScoringSessions.com has plenty of scoring session pictures for you to enjoy!

http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/117/
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nice! Thanks Dan (seems you´ve been busy lately attending scoring sessions).
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    No prob! yeah, there's a lot of sessions going on, and I'm trying to get as much coverage for everyone as I can. (And if you feel so inclined to click the occasional ads on the site, it will help keep me covering them!!) smile Thanks!
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008
    I'm off work in 10 minutes and im going to see National Treasure 2. I hope it's as good as the first as I really, really enjoyed that one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2008 edited
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    It's time I start myself a discussion from a composer who's sound I immediately liked when he first composed Armaggeddon wink

Later on good cool themes surfaced, and in the end he even went to full orchestral scores, more he even advanced and matured in his style, his greatest sports scores are Remember the Titans and Gridiron Gang, his best orchestral score is Flyboys, and his most fun cool tune is the Launch sequence from Armaggeddon!

Who else here loves Trevor Rabin? cheesy

I don't! tongue

Tommy, all the composer headings are in BOLD CAPITALS, could you change this one to continue that tradition? smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Well NT2 was a massive disssapointment. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Movie-wise or score-wise? 'Cause if you're talking about the first one, what did you expect? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I loved the first film and the score was one on my favourites of 2004, but the second is pretty bland in both cases.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Interesting.....i haven't watched neither and i thought the first score was KICK-ASS. Haven't heard the 2nd one though but i'd assume it was actually good?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Not really, the second movie is tracking hell - there's hardly any new material in NT2 and everything that is there is just hacked up, re-orchestrated material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And what's wrong with that, if you liked the first one?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Take a listen and you'll see. It's not like the first one to be honest - it feels hacked up and in places can be very annoying. The first track is quite nice, but the rest is a bit meh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Take a listen and you'll see. It's not like the first one to be honest - it feels hacked up and in places can be very annoying. The first track is quite nice, but the rest is a bit meh.

Yeah the first track is nice, but it´s used for the end credits music.
    As for the rest of the score, not that the film deserved more than this.
  3. I think its much more coherent and easy going than the first, and a track as the first makes some all the difference wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2008
    NT2 = Bargain Basement Indiana Jones
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    NT2 = Bargain Basement Indiana Jones

You are too kind. NT2= trash. Period.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2008
    GET SMART

Trevor Rabin has composed the wonderfully exciting score that looks back to the era of the classic television show, cleverly incorporating the famous original theme into his trademark contemporary style.

Release Date: 06/17/08

-> http://www.varesesarabande.com/upcoming.asp
  4. Cool a real release for Rabin after all (I'm still waiting for... The Guardian slant )...

But I'm still in the complete score of Hot Rod... So fun ! punk beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Sweet, I'm looking forward to the movie. Didn't know Rabin was scoring it. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "Trevor Rabin has composed the wonderfully exciting score (...)"

Varese rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What would you put if it was your job to write those things (not necessarily for that score though)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Anthony wrote
    What would you put if it was your job to write those things (not necessarily for that score though)?

how 'bout
    Trevor Rabin has done it again.

(open to interpretation)