• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Wallander a new to me BBC series. Police mystery.

I saw only one part (the final film of the first season?) Brannagh is brilliant.

Where does this show take place. Is it Sweden? Watched another episode and love it.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Yeah, they even filmed it on location.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I heard a reference to Kronor which tipped me off. I still have 4 more episodes to watch of this fine show. Sure beats the material Hollywood comes up with for the most part.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. Timmer wrote
    Kick-Ass

EXCELLENT! punk cool

indeed, I especially liked the music. it has a cool main theme, and the songs are very well chosen

Here's hoping Kick-Ass 2 is as good as this one smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Yes, those of us who grew up with Superman and Williams' score must've had a huge smile when Kick-Ass dresses up for the first time, and that glorious march comes out of the speakers. I know I did. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Yes, those of us who grew up with Superman and Williams' score must've had a huge smile when Kick-Ass dresses up for the first time, and that glorious march comes out of the speakers. I know I did. cheesy

Yeah, I loved that part too. Also, I love that in the director's audio commentary, he talks a lot about the score. He really knew about the themes, and the kind of music needed for the film
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Yes, those of us who grew up with Superman and Williams' score must've had a huge smile when Kick-Ass dresses up for the first time, and that glorious march comes out of the speakers. I know I did. cheesy

that's the main theme indeed, I also loved its version at the end when they are flying away, so cool and yet so heroic

ah, once again it is partly the music that made the film so good smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2010 edited
    yonythemoony wrote

From Campanella, I reccomend Son Of The Bride (El Hijo de la Novia) and Luna de Avellaneda. Both are very good, same thing with the score of both movies, made by Ángel Illarramendi. Both has such a great thematic material,especially Son of the Bride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U_mxe2zP2g

Thanks yony! I will keep a watch for those two on Netflix. I have the score to the former and it's very nice indeed. In an effort to downsize my collection I'm going to keep only the 2cd compilation and sell the rest of my Illarramendi.

franz_conrad wrote
    The piece over the credits you mention is 'The Rehearsal', which also plays during the scene where Firth and Rush practice the coronation in Westminster Abbey.

Excellent! I don't have the cd but I'll check it on youtube. Thanks!

plindboe wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    I love films of the kind where the protagonist is a person with extraordinary talent and is living a mundane existence until the past catches up (History of Violence, Kindergarten Cop). Any more like these?

Wanted, and of course the Matrix flicks.

Peter smile

Aha Wanted is what I want. I've seen the Matrix films. Thanks Peter!

For those of you interested in the Indian remake of The Omen, the movie is in Tamil language and is called Janma Nakshatram (a.k.a Jenma Nakshatram). The title translates to 'birth star'. The full movie can be watched for free at BigFlix (some movies might be blocked depending on your country). The acting is atrocious. There aren't any songs but there's a parallel comedic story for 'masala' purposes.
    http://www.mybigflix.com/home/movies/je … atram/1109
    http://www.tamilflix.net/2010/03/19/jen … ch-online/ (this link should work irrespective of where you are, but the video quality is just ok)
  6. BhelPuri wrote
    yonythemoony wrote

From Campanella, I reccomend Son Of The Bride (El Hijo de la Novia) and Luna de Avellaneda. Both are very good, same thing with the score of both movies, made by Ángel Illarramendi. Both has such a great thematic material,especially Son of the Bride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U_mxe2zP2g

Thanks yony! I will keep a watch for those two on Netflix. I have the score to the former and it's very nice indeed. In an effort to downsize my collection I'm going to keep only the 2cd compilation and sell the rest of my Illarramendi.

No problem smile
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

that's the main theme indeed, I also loved its version at the end when they are flying away, so cool and yet so heroic

ah, once again it is partly the music that made the film so good smile

That and the outrageous humour !!! cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. yonythemoony wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Yeah, I loved that part too. Also, I love that in the director's audio commentary, he talks a lot about the score. He really knew about the themes, and the kind of music needed for the film

So let's hope Matthew Vaughn continues down this lane in the future and keeps providing us with good music in his films.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thank you for The Omen Indian remake BP, I guess I must have massochistic tendencies.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. DreamTheater wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

So let's hope Matthew Vaughn continues down this lane in the future and keeps providing us with good music in his films.

He's directing X Men: First Class, which is going to be scored by Henry Jackman
  10. Unstoppable

The Tony Scott flick. My review here.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  11. I got Moon for Anne at Christmas, so looking forward to seeing this soon.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, looking forward to your opinion! Loved it, it's a phenomenal debut.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010
    Moon is awesome!!!

Recently I saw How To Train Your Dragon which unfortunately didn't live it up to the hype. It was cute but not really as good as I expected. On the other hand I finally got to see Up In The Air with Clooney which I thought was great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Oh yeah, UP IN THE AIR is a delight! Intelligent, great dialogues and overall feel-good and down-to-earthy. Spot on reflection of our times, as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, very tasteful movie, nice performances.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    BobdH wrote
    Oh yeah, UP IN THE AIR is a delight! Intelligent, great dialogues and overall feel-good and down-to-earthy. Spot on reflection of our times, as well.

I liked it a lot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    Wallander a new to me BBC series. Police mystery.

I loved this, Tom. What do you think? I think Branagh gives one of the truly great television performances here.
  12. I've never seen the BBC-produced Wallander, only the original Swedish one. That's very good indeed.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  13. Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, looking forward to your opinion on Moon! Loved it, it's a phenomenal debut.

I thought it was a decent yet not phenomenal movie. It was too far fetched for me, and I personally would have reacted differently in the case of Sam Rockwell, which made me react differently to the film too.

Gave it a 6, considering we disagree on about everything D, you had to see this one coming wink
    But my brother likes it very much, so something's wrong there too smile
  14. Will get to Moon as soon as possible. I'll probably try and catch Will Smith in I Am Legend (for the first time) on TV tonight.
  15. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Will get to Moon as soon as possible. I'll probably try and catch Will Smith in I Am Legend (for the first time) on TV tonight.

I am Legend I liked much more, the alternate ending wasn't as good though, I liked the final ending smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am legend is one big bore. And you didn't like MOON? It was the most clever and best homage to 2001: a space odyssey my friend. What's wrong with you wink
  16. Christodoulides wrote
    I am legend is one big bore. And you didn't like MOON? It was the most clever and best homage to 2001: a space odyssey my friend. What's wrong with you wink

perhaps it's understandable if I would say I didn't like 2001 also shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
  17. Christodoulides wrote

ah, you've reacted just about right smile

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it as the masterpiece it is, but I will never watch that one again. And believe me, I've tried, just a couple of months ago my brother and father watched the blu-ray version, and I watched it for about an hour to finally stand up and leave, so it's just not a movie for me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

I Am Legend is boring, do yourself a favour and watch something good instead Alan.

though I liked the bit where he plays golf from the wing of the SR-71, but then that's only the airplane dweeb in me speaking cheesy wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt