• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011
    Piss poor entry!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Not wanting to drag up old discussions but, for me and for some reason, Ark of the Covenant and Holy Grail - yes...aliens - no for Indiana Jones.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As with the DVD I switched it off after the motorcycle chase. It moved along well up to that point and then they lost it completely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2011 edited
    I have no problem with aliens. I actually wrote an Indiana Jones script in college with the Bermuda Triangle as the central location with aliens making their presense right at the end of the story.

The issue I have with Indy 4 is the story telling... and everything from the script, to the direction, to the cinematography, to the production design, to Shia Lapoof (I hate that guy) is off in Indy 4. Even the score is not up to par! Fail on all levels.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I remember reading your idea for a story Erik and I liked it a lot.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Haha, Shia Lapoof! Hate the guy too, love you Erik biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2011
    Frogs with Ray Milland and a very young Sam Elliott. Yet another low budget effort from AI
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    the soundtrack was electronic Les Baxter. Pretty much a series of tones. The exception was some march that was appropriate for the Fourth of July.
  2. Spy Game

My review here
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Great one Pawel! beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Thank you, I'm just developing smile
  4. Tekken

Decent action movie based on the popular Namco game of the same name. Even though the story is simple, even though the actors aren't making a big impression, it all feels appropriate nonetheless. And the action and fight sequences are good too. For USA standards however. Don't expect the moves and hits from Asian productions, but at least it's a lot cooler and better than say productions like Street Fighter and consorts

6 out of 10

---------------------------------------------------------------

Liar Liar

It was some time that I saw this one again, and even though it's basically one rollercoaster experience of funny faces of Jim Carrey, you have to agree that it puts a smile on your face. I laughed a lot during the film and the bloopers at the end were great too.

7 out of 10

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shrek Forever After

After a good first movie, a wonderful second movie and a disappointing average third, I was afraid Shrek would end even worse. But I must say that it surprised me a little. It's not as good as the second one, but some jokes really made me laugh, and there was a lot more creative thinking as well. I must say that it ends quite lovely. Got to see this one on blu-ray because it did feature a couple of great moments again

7 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. Liar Liar, haha one of the funniest Jim Carrey films.

Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

Somehow I was never taken with the gags in this film. I know the Python silliness all too well but for some strange reason this didn't seem as outrageously funny as Life of Brian or Quest for the Holy Grail whenever I saw this when I was younger. Well I laughed a lot more this time around, so I guess I have caught up with the many jokes and overall wackyness of the film's storyline, which is not about the meaning of life, if you couldn't guess already. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. The rest of the family are watching Enchanted at the moment. I'm only catching bits and pieces and that suggests that there's some witty scenes in amongst the Hollywood schmaltz. For those who have seen it all, on balance, what prevails? Wit or schmaltz?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A fairly even mixture! I enjoyed it. Great songs and score.
  7. Southall wrote
    A fairly even mixture! I enjoyed it. Great songs and score.

Me too. I love Amy Adams's voice. It reminds me of Luna Lovegood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2011
    SOLOMON KANE last night at the cinema.

Major bore. And Klaus Badelt did a very respectable and strong effort to turn the film into an epic adventure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2011 edited
    Indeed, he tried to elevate the film every second. As far as I remember, there's music almost in every frame.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, and good music. Certainly some of the most worthwhile entries in the film music medium this year.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    SOLOMON KANE last night at the cinema.

Major bore. And Klaus Badelt did a very respectable and strong effort to turn the film into an epic adventure.

I really enjoyed this film ( which I saw on DVD ), I thought the score was very good too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, it had its moments but it was lacking character development and motifs. Most of the stuff they did seemed unreasonable as far as the reasons behind their actions go. And its middle section was terribly slow. But Badelt did a great job indeed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It was popcorn fluff and as such I turned my brain off and enjoyed it.
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    The rest of the family are watching Enchanted at the moment. I'm only catching bits and pieces and that suggests that there's some witty scenes in amongst the Hollywood schmaltz. For those who have seen it all, on balance, what prevails? Wit or schmaltz?

I definitely enjoyed Enchanted a lot. It's spectacular on blu-ray and it is a very charming movie. Amy Adams is adorable and the songs are a hoot. When this puppy is priced down here in Belgium, I'm buying it immediately.

I give it an 8 out of 10 smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  9. Continuing with my Tony Scott series, I reviewed:

Crimson Tide

Always one of my most favourites.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    True Grit (original)

Not a great film by any means, but quite enjoyable and with very enjoyable music. I have to say, John Wayne's only Oscar coming for this is a bit like Elmer Bernstein's coming for Thoroughly Modern Millie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Continuing with my Tony Scott series, I reviewed:

Crimson Tide

Agree. Music is classic too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Crimson Tide

Agree. Music is classic too.

Not to me, not film. not score.
  10. PawelStroinski wrote

Crimson Tide

Like the film a lot, and the score is goddamn balls to the walls asskickin'...

And if you ever plan to see this film in a home cinema, be sure to warn the neighbours that WW III isn't about to start, but you're only watching a submarine movie. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  11. Finally watched Moon tonight. Enjoyed it a lot - though I did remember a major plot line early on from when it was originally released.

Acting was good. The robot was nicer than I was expecting. But I thought that some of the effects were a bit ropey - particularly the rover vehicles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2011
    Mo and I watched the Val Lewton thriller The Cat People and tonight we will see the sequel Curse of the Cat People. The Roy Webb score is superb. One could say that he was Hollywood's most under appreciated composer.